Null

2023 softball recruiting

blakem

Obviously I do not know Dean’s plan regarding the extra year of eligibility, but if he keeps the same pattern as last year, we will lose Yarbrough after the 2022 season. Assuming no injuries or transfers, we will lose Dismukes after the 2023 season and both Lowe and Penta after the 2024 season. 

Rolfe would replace Yarbrough next year, but we will need to pick up at least 3 pitchers between the 2023 and 2024 classes to maintain at least 4 pitchers on the staff for the 2024 / 2025 season.

I’m not sure if Dean plans for Clemmons’ primary position to be pitcher, but it seems like he is actively recruiting a few others in 2023 class. We won’t know about the 2024 class until September 1st of next year. 

Edited by Jad0003

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, blakem said:

She just committed to AU. She is on the same team as Thalia Martin and they visited together a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the update! Huge pickup for Coach Dean in the 2023 class. We needed a good pitching recruit for this class, and she is one of the last remaining ones. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:56 PM, blakem said:

So far I believe we have three commits

Chalea Clemmons

Kyla Stroud

Thalia Martin

Add an outstanding pitching & hitting prospect in Malayna Tamborra. Think she is top 10-15 level overall recruit. She gave her commitment yesterday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wmsau said:

Add an outstanding pitching & hitting prospect in Malayna Tamborra. Think she is top 10-15 level overall recruit. She gave her commitment yesterday.

I'd love to have a player we aren't afraid to use at the plate as well as the circle. 

• 2 weeks later...