Record Setting Pace for Bo

AU-24

Imagine if he had a decent O-line, a running game and wide receivers that could catch!

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/record-setting-pace-3

Bo Nix is well on his way to setting a number of Auburn records.

The junior quarterback threw for 292 yards and two touchdowns in a 38-23 win at No. 19 Arkansas to move up to fourth in career passing.

With 6,445 yards, Nix passes Dameyune Craig and Pat Sullivan and only trails Brandon Cox (6,959), Jason Campbell (7,299) and Stan White (8,016).

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is a good and bad thing  . Good for Bo. He might break a number of passing records. Bad for Auburn because it shows how much of a lack of a passing game we’ve had in our previous culture. Hopefully that changes in the future.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is a good and bad thing  . Good for Bo. He might break a number of passing records. Bad for Auburn because it shows how much of a lack of a passing game we’ve had in our previous culture. Hopefully that changes in the future.

I agree. Also, Pat Sullivan couldn't play varsity his freshman year and only played a 10 game season. Or everybody else would be second. That was a different time, but a great sight to see after 3 yards and a cloud of dust for years. 

• Like 8

It is really hard to compare QB's from different era's as the game has changed so much. The reality assuming Bo doesn't get hurt he will probably pass every Auburn QB this year but White and will pass White next year. With 5 more games and a bowl game if Bo only averages 200 yards a game he will be just behind White by end of year. To put this in perspective though Bo will be only one who played QB for 4 years as a starter. It will be an accomplishment BO will be proud of but if he keeps improving this year he will have developed into a really good SEC QB by end of year which is even more important.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is really hard to compare QB's from different era's as the game has changed so much. The reality assuming Bo doesn't get hurt he will probably pass every Auburn QB this year but White and will pass White next year. With 5 more games and a bowl game if Bo only averages 200 yards a game he will be just behind White by end of year. To put this in perspective though Bo will be only one who played QB for 4 years as a starter. It will be an accomplishment BO will be proud of but if he keeps improving this year he will have developed into a really good SEC QB by end of year which is even more important.

I believe Stan White started every game Freshman through Senior year. There was no bowl game in 93 so he didn't miss one. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

Doesn’t the Covid year give Bo 5 years to play?

I think he gets a extra . He may have a mortgage and 10 acres by the time he graduates 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is easy to be on a record setting pace when you have a record setting number of attempts, just ask Stan White

DC. 782 attempts  7.7 Y/A

P.S.  863 attempts 7.6 Y/A

B.C.  927 attempts 7.5 Y/A

J.C. 854 attempts. 8.5 Y/A

S.W.  1231 attempts 6.5 Y/A

Bo Nix. 945 attempts 6.8 Y/A

kinda tells a much more realistic story

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

doubt he takes it unless the senior year is a catastrophe 

I believe he does take it if he’s not an nfl prospect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I believe he does take it if he’s not an nfl prospect. 

If he continues to develop I could see a team taking a shot on him for a backup slot after his senior year. . 

There is a dearth of bad QBs in the league rn. Look at Teddy Bridgewater tonight. Played awful against the Browns. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

It is easy to be on a record setting pace when you have a record setting number of attempts, just ask Stan White

Easy? You just threw every college football hall of fame QB under the bus. Coaches draw up more pass plays (attempts) if the QB is capable. And if you're going the "realistic story" route, factor in dropped passes and, as mentioned previously, throws on the run b/c his oline collapsed (see e.g LSU game this year). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Facts 

17 hours ago, DAG said:

All good. We can't live in the past- although I agree with you 100%.

This year shows the value of what happens when good coaches step into the mix.

The culture is stronger, the players are getting developed, and AU is running an offensive system that actually produces playmakers and not widgets.

I suspect the probability of us being dangerous in the future are much stronger than us trending backwards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Easy? You just threw every college football hall of fame QB under the bus. Coaches draw up more pass plays (attempts) if the QB is capable. And if you're going the "realistic story" route, factor in dropped passes and, as mentioned previously, throws on the run b/c his oline collapsed (see e.g LSU game this year). 

Further, QBs now just attempt more passed than in previous eras. Your average starting QB in the SEC just throws the ball more. For example, such notable gunslingers as Kyle Shurmur and Kellen Mond are well ahead of Stan White in both career attempts and yards. 

10 hours ago, Didba said:

If he continues to develop I could see a team taking a shot on him for a backup slot after his senior year. . 

There is a dearth of bad QBs in the league rn. Look at Teddy Bridgewater tonight. Played awful against the Browns. 

Other than his ability to RPO and his mobility, I really don't think he can make it in the NFL bc he is just not consistently accurate enough, at least for now. NFL will not take any chance on a QB that either doesn't have a cannon like John Elway or the ability to put touch on the ball, or consistently put it only where WRs can get to it.

6 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I honestly do not know what the heck you are talking about.  I think there was a failure to comprehend my post.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

He may have 10 acres and no mortgage.

I don’t think Milo’s is paying THAT much.  😉

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Other than his ability to RPO and his mobility, I really don't think he can make it in the NFL bc he is just not consistently accurate enough, at least for now. NFL will not take any chance on a QB that either doesn't have a cannon like John Elway or the ability to put touch on the ball, or consistently put it only where WRs can get to it.

I guess I will reiterate it for you. 

He can make it in the NFL as a backup, easily, especially if he continues to develop solid mechanics.  Have you seen some of the backup and starters that are being thrown out there in the NFL right now? There are literally QBs starting right now in Philly, Denver, Carolina and NY that do not possess the three qualities you opined are required by NFL Head Coaches.  Also, you say "at least for now", which I literally said "if Nix continues to develop through his senior year". 

Further, if we don't even speak on those Starters I just referenced above, if you focus on backup QBs in the NFL, the talent/accuracy gap declines even further.  Literally, last night Case Keenum, who is considered one of the better backups in the league, looked rather pedestrian and was just good enough to pull out a win.  He was helped, of course, by a 120 yard rushing game from a rookie RB. Bridgewater, who is Denver's starter looked EVEN worse then Case Keenum. 

So please, do not say that the "NFL will not take any chance on a QB that either doesn't have a cannon like John Elway or the ability to put touch on the ball, or consistently put it only where WRs can get to it."  That simply isn't true.  I question how closely you pay attention to the NFL after a statement like that.

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

I guess I will reiterate it for you. 

He can make it in the NFL as a backup, easily, especially if he continues to develop solid mechanics.  Have you seen some of the backup and starters that are being thrown out there in the NFL right now? There are literally QBs starting right now in Philly, Denver, Carolina and NY that do not possess the three qualities you opined are required by NFL Head Coaches.  Also, you say "at least for now", which I literally said "if Nix continues to develop through his senior year". 

Further, if we don't even speak on those Starters I just referenced above, if you focus on backup QBs in the NFL, the talent/accuracy gap declines even further.  Literally, last night Case Keenum, who is considered one of the better backups in the league, looked rather pedestrian and was just good enough to pull out a win.  He was helped, of course, by a 120 yard rushing game from a rookie RB. Bridgewater, who is Denver's starter looked EVEN worse then Case Keenum. 

So please, do not say that the "NFL will not take any chance on a QB that either doesn't have a cannon like John Elway or the ability to put touch on the ball, or consistently put it only where WRs can get to it."  That simply isn't true.  I question how closely you pay attention to the NFL after a statement like that.

I am not going to be as black and white as the poster you are responding to but to say Bo can make it as a back up EASILY is a little far fetch for me. I still think he needs another year to even be considered a quality QB at the next lever. For instance the back up you named was an elite QB at college level at UH. You yourself called him pedestrian. That should tell you how hard it is to be in the NFL as a QB. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not going to be as black and white as the poster you are responding to but to say Bo can make it as a back up EASILY is a little far fetch for me. I still think he needs another year to even be considered a quality QB at the next lever. For instance the back up you named was an elite QB at college level at UH. You yourself called him pedestrian. That should tell you how hard it is to be in the NFL as a QB. 

That's actually pretty fair.  I take back the easily qualifier I made.  I will say I did caveat my supposition on the fact that Nix would have to continue to develop his mechanics this year and next year.  As it stands right now, he is not ready for even a backup role in the NFL.

and you make a very good point regarding my statement about Keenum.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I don’t think Milo’s is paying THAT much.  😉

i do not like milo's tea or lemonade. the tea is way too strong. i never had one of their burgers.

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

That's actually pretty fair.  I take back the easily qualifier I made.  I will say I did caveat my supposition on the fact that Nix would have to continue to develop his mechanics this year and next year.  As it stands right now, he is not ready for even a backup role in the NFL.

and you make a very good point regarding my statement about Keenum.

I also want to say I agree with you to an extent . The NFL is not that black and white . All it takes is one team to like you and GMs have a variety of reasons to like a particular athlete . With that being said, I want to see Bo keep improving and get to a point where is a consistent high level of play. I think at his apex he could be a day 2 draftee, unless he pulls a Joe Burrow