Arch Manning?

AUght2win

14 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He’s a 5 star. I’m sure we’ve at least reached out but I ain’t holding my breath

Rumor is it will come down to Georgia or Texas.

• Angry 1

Everything I have seen leads me to believe that it will be Texas.

It depends a lot on who LSU hires. That will be a wildcard. I don't know if Ed O was ever really a contender, but if they get a great coach that can develop a program it might be a good fit.

Not certain what the Manning family thinks of Lane, but I do not know if Ole Miss is a huge contender. I think the worry that Lane might leave at the first sign of a better job is always on peoples mind- I know it was a point of contention for Peyton when Lane left UT.

Going to UT will give Arch a little bit of anonymity since Austin is a bigger town that is not dependent on the university.

Also, Sark is amazing at developing QB's so that would be tough for anyone to beat.

Georgia does not seem to know what it wants in a QB (they let Justin Fields go in favor of Fromm).

There is no way of knowing who the OC will be in Alabama- Bill O'Brien is too good to be there long term.

1 hour ago, TJRanger175 said:

Everything I have seen leads me to believe that it will be Texas.

It depends a lot on who LSU hires. That will be a wildcard. I don't know if Ed O was ever really a contender, but if they get a great coach that can develop a program it might be a good fit.

Not certain what the Manning family thinks of Lane, but I do not know if Ole Miss is a huge contender. I think the worry that Lane might leave at the first sign of a better job is always on peoples mind- I know it was a point of contention for Peyton when Lane left UT.

Going to UT will give Arch a little bit of anonymity since Austin is a bigger town that is not dependent on the university.

Also, Sark is amazing at developing QB's so that would be tough for anyone to beat.

Georgia does not seem to know what it wants in a QB (they let Justin Fields go in favor of Fromm).

There is no way of knowing who the OC will be in Alabama- Bill O'Brien is too good to be there long term.

ALabama HAS to be in his top 3 at least.

He has said he wants a team that can play for NCs, and that will always be ALabama, and they are now putting QBs in the NFL, and will soon too with Young, most likely after next year.

I don't think he will go to OM bc of 2 of his family members already having gone there, and LSU is an unknown so I don't think it will be there in the end.

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I hope it's Texas

I do too, although we may still see him at QB there depending how the scheduling works out when we play Texas again.

One interesting stat I saw recently:

7 SEC teams have had a better overall record over the last 10 years than TExas in football. That includes Miss St I read. That is amazing how far down Texas has gone...even though I expect them to get back up there somewhat under Sarkisian.

• Like 1

In my opinion, Peyton is the arch-Manning. More successful and more popular due to his appearances in TV commercials.

Wait, is that not what this thread is about?

• Haha 2

Guest MustardSeed

Word is he’s cut his list to UGA and Texas and would like to commit soon and be done with recruiting.  Also not sure AU is ready for another legacy qb :outtahere:

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Word is he’s cut his list to UGA and Texas and would like to commit soon and be done with recruiting.  Also not sure AU is ready for another legacy qb :outtahere:

I bet Harsin is ready for him!!

• Like 1

I was actually wondering this same question on Arch and AU after reading an article about him this morning. The good thing about Manning quarterbacks, besides talent: they tend to stay at the same university for four years and their post graduation star power and influence is priceless for their alma mater, i.e. what Eli and Peyton do for UM and UT.  In 2023, Auburn would be in a great position for a new quarterback to enter and Harsin, being a quarterback styled coach, seems like a great equation.

However, I am unsure if we have the recruiting relationships established that Tex or UGA has with the Manning family. 

57 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's the damnedest football stadium I've ever seen no bleachers on the visitors side and maybe 15 ft of space

I agree, if you can't stop your forward momentum you might literally hit a wall or run into the side of a building. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

That's the damnedest football stadium I've ever seen no bleachers on the visitors side and maybe 15 ft of space

Back in the day, some of the private schools in AISA were like that. We had to bring our own lawn chairs.

• Sad 1