Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You'd be the expert

Lmao, mad.

Ok. Beyond hilarious 

Edited by W.E.D

I think Harsin's response is more of a rule of thumb when handling medical situations.  He really gives very little if any information on injuries publicly.  

I understand the want to know by fans and I understand the conclusions that can be made.

I also know that about 70% of adults are vaccinated

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Please show your work. Let me which mainstream religion bans vaccines.

I'm going to guess this devolves into semantics of what "mainstream" is

I'm not one, but...

COVID-19 vaccine exemptions: Where do different religions stand on vaccinations?

Christian Science

A small branch of Christianity, Christian Science released a statement on vaccinations and public health.

According to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, “One of the basic teachings of this denomination is that disease can be cured or prevented by focused prayer and members will often request exemptions when available. However, there are no strict rules against vaccination and members can receive required vaccinations.”

For more than a century, our denomination has counseled respect for public health authorities and conscientious obedience to the laws of the land, including those requiring vaccination. Christian Scientists report suspected communicable disease, obey quarantines, and strive to cooperate with measures considered necessary by public health officials. We see this as a matter of basic Golden Rule ethics and New Testament love. …

Most of our church members normally rely on prayer for healing. It’s a deeply considered spiritual practice and way of life that has meant a lot to us over the years. So we’ve appreciated vaccination exemptions and sought to use them conscientiously and responsibly, when they have been granted.

On the other hand, our practice isn’t a dogmatic thing. Church members are free to make their own choices on all life-decisions, in obedience to the law, including whether or not to vaccinate. These aren’t decisions imposed by their church.

A Christian Science perspective on vaccination and public health

https://www.wreg.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-exemptions-where-do-different-religions-stand-on-vaccinations/

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Pfizer has been proven to have used aborted fetal tissue in their development of the vaccine and that isn’t the case with any other vaccines. Not even a debate to be had here. 

Chridt how hard is it for you to do just rudimentary research on this before propagating ignorance. https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-asked-we-answered-do-the-covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Considering his first post was no institution would ever fire anyone for not taking a vaccine...I'm not sure he knows

Try again. 

20 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Pfizer did everything they could to hide that fact. So prove the others haven’t done the same. They all came up with basically the same vaccine at the same time in unheard of rapid time. Just a coincidence right? 

There’s also the fact that this vaccine alters your genes. No previous vaccine has ever done that. Boosting immunity the old way is one thing, messenger RNA gene therapy that permanently alters certain genes in your body certainly falls under religious exemption status.  Any lawyer worth anything is going to have a field day with these mandates. 

The vaccine does not alter your genes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-covid-mrna-gene/fact-check-mrna-vaccines-are-distinct-from-gene-therapy-which-alters-recipients-genes-idUSL1N2PH16N

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210719/covid-19-vaccines-not-gene-therapy

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/scicheck-texas-doctor-spreads-false-claims-about-covid-19-vaccines/

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not one, but...

COVID-19 vaccine exemptions: Where do different religions stand on vaccinations?

Christian Science

A small branch of Christianity, Christian Science released a statement on vaccinations and public health.

According to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, “One of the basic teachings of this denomination is that disease can be cured or prevented by focused prayer and members will often request exemptions when available. However, there are no strict rules against vaccination and members can receive required vaccinations.”

For more than a century, our denomination has counseled respect for public health authorities and conscientious obedience to the laws of the land, including those requiring vaccination. Christian Scientists report suspected communicable disease, obey quarantines, and strive to cooperate with measures considered necessary by public health officials. We see this as a matter of basic Golden Rule ethics and New Testament love. …

Most of our church members normally rely on prayer for healing. It’s a deeply considered spiritual practice and way of life that has meant a lot to us over the years. So we’ve appreciated vaccination exemptions and sought to use them conscientiously and responsibly, when they have been granted.

On the other hand, our practice isn’t a dogmatic thing. Church members are free to make their own choices on all life-decisions, in obedience to the law, including whether or not to vaccinate. These aren’t decisions imposed by their church.

A Christian Science perspective on vaccination and public health

https://www.wreg.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-exemptions-where-do-different-religions-stand-on-vaccinations/

Do you think this supports your point of view?

Which of these are Harsin apart of?

Which one is "mainstream" b/c you took offense to that specific comment made by me

Vanderbilt University Medical Center says the following denominations do have a theological objection to vaccination:

• Dutch Reformed Congregations – This denomination has a tradition of declining immunizations. Some members decline vaccination on the basis that it interferes with divine providence. However, others within the faith accept immunization as a gift from God to be used with gratitude.
  • Faith healing denominations including:
  • Faith Tabernacle
  • Church of the First Born
  • Faith Assembly
  • End Time Ministrie
  • Church of Christ, Scientist 
Edited by W.E.D

There isn't one medical reason to not get the shot. Harsin could avoid bringing distraction and putting self and ignorance before team. Get the shot. As a bonus if gets fired we won't have to pay a buyout. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

17 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

State the facts out for everyone

I did.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He'll get an exemption. 

I understand his position on vaccine privacy.  Knowing that his status will be made public in December anyway, I wish he would make a definite statement one way or the other.  Just shut this distraction down now.

We long time Auburn faithful understand that anytime it looks like Auburn is on the rise the Alabama media slings any mud they can find - or invent.  Coach will soon understand; he is still learning the SEC.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Do you think this supports your point of view?

You said no mainstream religions do. You asked me to show you. I did. So, yeah I'd say it does.

53 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's really hilarious when absolutely 99.9% of the public actually understand HIPAA

I know people who work in the medical field and don't understand it. 😆

• Like 2

Just now, bigbird said:

You said no mainstream religions do. You asked me to show you. I did. So, yeah I'd say it does.

Sorry, I edited before you posted. These are mainstream religious groups?

I think the largest one has a few 100k world wide

Vanderbilt University Medical Center says the following denominations do have a theological objection to vaccination:

• Dutch Reformed Congregations – This denomination has a tradition of declining immunizations. Some members decline vaccination on the basis that it interferes with divine providence. However, others within the faith accept immunization as a gift from God to be used with gratitude.
  • Faith Tabernacle
  • Faith Assembly
  • End Time Ministrie

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Wouldn't that be a personally held belief and not a religious exemption??

I believe they characterized it as a personally held religious belief. It’s in the write up connected to this thread I believe. Course I am similar to you in this arena (understand some not all).

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

b/c you took offense to that specific comment made by me

Who has taken offense? And why would anyone get offended at that. The only thing that's offensive is you you pulling stuff out of your ass and trying to pull it off as if you actually know anything about the situation. Your view on vaccination is affecting your objectivity in this situation and it shows.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sorry, I edited before you posted. These are mainstream religious groups?

I think the largest one has a few 100k world wide

• Faith Tabernacle
  • Faith Assembly
  • End Time Ministrie

Nice of you to cherry pick and ignore the other. You know Judaism, Christian, islam, Catholic, buddhist, etc...

Disingenuous much?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why will it?

I think he means that if Harsin is still employed by AU on December 9th, we will know that he has been vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just figured as no nonsense as Harsin seems to be that this whole situation could serve to be a distraction in some form or fashion. I figured he would want to squash it and move on. But, he hasn’t, so it’s clearly his choice to continue to answer the question.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

The only reason the University put out the mandate was because of Biden’s illegal mandate.  The governor issued an executive order today ordering state officials and institutions not to enforce the president’s mandate.  What that means?  Not sure.  

The mandate is legal, so says the courts.  Auburn will ignore the governor due to the fact that Auburn cannot function as a research university without federal funding.  Every major contractor in AL will do the same.

Do you not find it strange that the governor has been on a year long crusade begging people to get vaccinated, yet wants to give the same an out if they want one?

Just now, bigbird said:

Who has taken offense? And why would anyone get offended at that. The only thing that's offensive is you you pulling stuff out of your ass and trying to pull it off as if you actually know anything about the situation. Your view on vaccination is affecting your objectivity in this situation and it shows.

lmao.  Yeah, I'm pro vaccine.  But apparently Harsin is apart of some back room religious group that no one has ever heard of.

Yeah bud....you're right.  Just like no one would ever get fired for not taking the shot.  Clearly no institution would ever do such a thing

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

But apparently Harsin is apart of some back room religious group that no one has ever heard of.

You don't know that. That's the point. You're just throwing s*** on the wall and hoping something sticks. You don't know