Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

14 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Hate that he’s got cancer though…..

And COVID…….

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

And COVID…….

That too. I am starting to see why he hates oil and gas so much though. All those refineries in Delaware gave him cancer and sludge on his windshield. 

25 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

That too. I am starting to see why he hates oil and gas so much though. All those refineries in Delaware gave him cancer and sludge on his windshield. 

Really, I didn’t know oil caused skin cancer.

Oh, and everyone knows if you have oil on the windshield you only smear it around by using the wipers.

• 2 weeks later...

This can’t be true, double vaccinated, double boosted and on the Paxlovid protocol and gets covid again……He needs to double down on his vaccine mandate.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This can’t be true, double vaccinated, double boosted and on the Paxlovid protocol and gets covid again……He needs to double down on his vaccine mandate.

*sigh*

Once again, the vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid, particularly the newer strains. It reduces, but does not eliminate, the chance. It also trains the immune system so that if you get it, the symptoms will not be severe, particularly for people, like a 79-year-old, who are at high risk. It apparently worked since Biden's symptoms were minor (unlike his predecessor), and he is currently pretty much asymptomatic. Doctors say that rebound cases are rare, but they are no longer surprised by them.

You either refuse to see this, or acknowledge it and are just posting to antagonize. In either case, it takes a special kind of dumbf**kery to be consistently wrong and keep proving it.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Leftfield said:

*sigh*

Once again, the vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid, particularly the newer strains. It reduces, but does not eliminate, the chance. It also trains the immune system so that if you get it, the symptoms will not be severe, particularly for people, like a 79-year-old, who are at high risk. It apparently worked since Biden's symptoms were minor (unlike his predecessor), and he is currently pretty much asymptomatic. Doctors say that rebound cases are rare, but they are no longer surprised by them.

You either refuse to see this, or acknowledge it and are just posting to antagonize. In either case, it takes a special kind of dumbf**kery to be consistently wrong and keep proving it.

The CDC, Biden and Fauci all told us that if you were vaccinated you will not get COVID and you will not spread it.  It is documented.  Biden’s vaccine mandate was predicated on this.  The scientific community has learned a lot since the Delta Variant and you seemed to have forgotten the history.

You really don’t remember that *his predecessor* had the Delta Variant and not the more tame Omicron Variant?  You have bought into the orange man bad/dementia man good crowd, haven’t you?

You are right, it is some special kind of dumbf**kery to be consistently wrong and keep proving it and Biden and his administration is keeping on keeping on.

Biden is the worst president in modern times, no question.  And we are in a recession and boys can not be girls no matter how much plastic surgery they have.

13 hours ago, Leftfield said:

*sigh*

Remember when he said this was a pandemic of the unvaccinated? 

at the end of the day biden is in office because people got sick of trumps crap.if trump had acted halfway normal he would in fact be president right now. i welcome anyone to disprove this with facts.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The CDC, Biden and Fauci all told us that if you were vaccinated you will not get COVID and you will not spread it.  It is documented.

Never heard this. Got the documentation?

You really don’t remember that *his predecessor* had the Delta Variant and not the more tame Omicron Variant?  You have bought into the orange man bad/dementia man good crowd, haven’t you?

Nope, just the orange man bad. That's quite enough.

Biden is the worst president in modern times, no question.  And we are in a recession and boys can not be girls no matter how much plastic surgery they have.

Second sentence has nothing to do with Covid, although I'm sure you're changing the subject to deflect from your absolute willful ignorance and insistence on spreading misinformation that continues to put people at risk, not just now but with any medical developments that may be developed in the future because some of those people won't trust the medical community. 

As to the first sentence, well, the fact that you would put any modern President beneath one that attempted, and is still attempting, to bring down our democracy, and then say there's no question about that, pretty much tells anyone else reading these exchanges all they need to know about your political views.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Remember when he said this was a pandemic of the unvaccinated? 

Yes. Is your point that when he said it he was implying vaccinated people can't get the virus?

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Never heard this. Got the documentation?

“Vaccinated people do not carry the virus — they don’t get sick,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Tuesday. That’s “not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real-world data.”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/04/cdc-data-suggests-vaccinated-dont-carry-cant-spread-virus.html

At the 1:44 of the video he states: “if you are vaccinated, you are protected”.

Brandon’s comments from July of 2021:

Claim

During a July 2021 CNN town hall, U.S. President Joe Biden falsely stated that "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," and "If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

Rating

Correct Attribution

About this rating

Context

During the same public appearance, Biden also stated, accurately, that vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus than unvaccinated people and, if they do catch it, are less likely to get sick.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-if-vaccinated-wont-get-covid/

The fact that Brandon contradicted himself does not give him a pass on this one.

I have to ask, after the above statements; who is spreading misinformation about the Covid situation?

If the CDC states that you should get the Monkey Pox vaccine, would you get it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Yes. Is your point that when he said it he was implying vaccinated people can't get the virus?

Well, he did actually say it. But he does say a lot of moronic things as well….a lot of them. That is when it’s not gibberish. 

The effectiveness of this vaccine has been way over played. Funny how we went from vaccines were to prevent infection and spread to just limit severity. 

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The CDC, Biden and Fauci all told us that if you were vaccinated you will not get COVID and you will not spread it.  It is documented.  Biden’s vaccine mandate was predicated on this.  The scientific community has learned a lot since the Delta Variant and you seemed to have forgotten the history.

You are right, it is some special kind of dumbf**kery to be consistently wrong and keep proving it and Biden and his administration is keeping on keeping on.

So, you don't really understand the difference between recommendations directed to populations versus the difference of those recommendations when applied to individuals.

Why am I not surprised?  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Well, he did actually say it. But he does say a lot of moronic things as well….a lot of them. That is when it’s not gibberish. 

The effectiveness of this vaccine has been way over played. Funny how we went from vaccines were to prevent infection and spread to just limit severity. 

So, you are you suggesting we should just ignore vaccinations as a medical strategy to fight infectious diseases?

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, you are you suggesting we should just ignore vaccinations as a medical strategy to fight infectious diseases?

How do you come to that conclusion? Biden did say vaccinated people can't get the virus. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

So, you don't really understand the difference between recommendations directed to populations versus the difference of those recommendations when applied to individuals.

Why am I not surprised?  :rolleyes:

Try to keep up with the conversation.  I was asked to provide proof the CDC, Fauci and Biden all indicated that a person that was vaccinated was protected.  Walensky and Biden even went as far as stating you couldn’t get COVID if you received the vaccination.

This has nothing to do with recommendations.  I’m sure you’ll remember that Biden threatened to sic OSHA on companies that didn’t comply and eventually did get OSHA involved.  That act was far from a recommendation to the population.  It applied to each individual regardless of personal circumstances.  Rather authoritarian of him don’t you think?

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

“Vaccinated people do not carry the virus — they don’t get sick,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Tuesday. That’s “not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real-world data.”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/04/cdc-data-suggests-vaccinated-dont-carry-cant-spread-virus.html

At the 1:44 of the video he states: “if you are vaccinated, you are protected”.

Brandon’s comments from July of 2021:

Claim

During a July 2021 CNN town hall, U.S. President Joe Biden falsely stated that "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," and "If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

Rating

Correct Attribution

About this rating

Context

During the same public appearance, Biden also stated, accurately, that vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus than unvaccinated people and, if they do catch it, are less likely to get sick.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-if-vaccinated-wont-get-covid/

The fact that Brandon contradicted himself does not give him a pass on this one.

I have to ask, after the above statements; who is spreading misinformation about the Covid situation?

If the CDC states that you should get the Monkey Pox vaccine, would you get it?

You're....really going to hang your hat on these examples? Again?

These are the same tired examples you pointed to long ago. I'll say to you again the same thing I said then - if you want to call this a "gotcha" moment, fine, technically you're correct that the CDC and Biden said it. So if you want to beat your chest and claim you were right all along, go right ahead, but you're completely incorrect as to the overall and consistent advice given by the CDC and Biden. Walensky was corrected  almost as soon as she said it. The CDC issued a statement that same afternoon saying she was wrong. The CDCs guidelines and official statements have never said that you could not get Covid if you were vaccinated, nor have any of the vaccine manufacturers (hence why they are not 100% effective).

As for Fauci, he said you were protected. He did not say immune. He was correct. If you have a group of bodyguards, you're protected. That doesn't mean it's impossible you'll be shot.

These examples were weak to begin with. You were just trying to win an argument on a technicality. To bring them up again, so long after the fact, is just pathetic.

Now, since you've had more than a year to come up with further examples where Biden, the CDC, or Fauci have said the vaccines will prevent you from getting Covid, got anything? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I think the elderly, those with compromised immune systems, others at high risk, and millions of unvaccinated people who died or have long-term damage would disagree with the first part of your statement.

For the second, the virus did mutate, as expected, and is now far more contagious. Should they not have modified their guidelines with changing information?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You're....really going to hang your hat on these examples? Again?

These are the same tired examples you pointed to long ago. I'll say to you again the same thing I said then - if you want to call this a "gotcha" moment, fine, technically you're correct that the CDC and Biden said it. So if you want to beat your chest and claim you were right all along, go right ahead, but you're completely incorrect as to the overall and consistent advice given by the CDC and Biden. Walensky was corrected  almost as soon as she said it. The CDC issued a statement that same afternoon saying she was wrong. The CDCs guidelines and official statements have never said that you could not get Covid if you were vaccinated, nor have any of the vaccine manufacturers (hence why they are not 100% effective).

As for Fauci, he said you were protected. He did not say immune. He was correct. If you have a group of bodyguards, you're protected. That doesn't mean it's impossible you'll be shot.

These examples were weak to begin with. You were just trying to win an argument on a technicality. To bring them up again, so long after the fact, is just pathetic.

Now, since you've had more than a year to come up with further examples where Biden, the CDC, or Fauci have said the vaccines will prevent you from getting Covid, got anything? 

So you knew this all along and decided to wait until I brought up these instances of lying to the American public to try to tear them down.  Good work.

The CDC has never been *consistent* with their advice.  It has blown in the wind like Biden’s policies.  You will remember that the Biden Administration (CDC and Fauci) was hard selling the vaccine at that time and even instituted an OSHA mandate that cost people their livelihood because of a vaccine that was unproven and not as effective as they stated.  If you remember Fauci would give a percentage of people that are vaccinated that would equal herd immunity.  The closer America got to that number, he would increase the percentage.  He didn’t and doesn’t believe in natural immunity as a way out of the pandemic.  The CDC (Fauci) is very good at not getting too optimistic in their *official* statements, its the on air statements that people listen to that get them in trouble.

I’m not saying the vaccine didn’t help, I’m saying the hard sell was a wrong approach.  People were getting vaccinated on their own.  Coercing people into getting vaccinated was IMO because Biden wanted to fulfill one of his campaign promises to *shut down* the virus.  Again, he failed miserably.

The definition of *vaccine* has changed to more reflect this particular vaccine.  It’s a trend of the Biden administration (1984) with changing the definition of recession and being a female/male.  If it puts a bad light on your administration, just change the definition and all is well.

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Try to keep up with the conversation.  I was asked to provide proof the CDC, Fauci and Biden all indicated that a person that was vaccinated was protected.  Walensky and Biden even went as far as stating you couldn’t get COVID if you received the vaccination.

This has nothing to do with recommendations.  I’m sure you’ll remember that Biden threatened to sic OSHA on companies that didn’t comply and eventually did get OSHA involved.  That act was far from a recommendation to the population.  It applied to each individual regardless of personal circumstances.  Rather authoritarian of him don’t you think?

You continue to make my point.  Again, I am not surprised.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You continue to make my point.  Again, I am not surprised.

Why don’t you clarify your point if you have one.