Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Stop misrepresenting. He didn't say it wouldn't. He said the vaccines weren't being developed to do so. They were being developed to prevent severe illness. He said he would expect they would help prevent transmission, but he said that would not be known until the vaccines began being administered.

Yes, he always uses political language for plausible deniability.  He is hard to pin down.  *Help prevent*?  95% efficacy is more than help, he said it would stop it.  You know he first come out with 70% vaccinated population will get to herd immunity, then it was 80%, then 85% then herd immunity would not be reached as he dismissed natural immunity.

He seems to have blown with the Biden wind so he felt the mandate was a good thing.  Fauci has a strange relationship with the truth.

19 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Source?

Using a self-controlled case series, the paper looked only at individuals vaccinated against COVID-19 and reported an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related deaths in men ages 18 to 39 within 28 days of mRNA vaccination, when compared with the same group over a 25-week follow-up period. No difference in all-cause mortality was observed between the two periods.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/features/101148

I know that the Florida Surgeon General is controversial and his tweet of his recommendation was censored, but the man isn’t dumb.  He just has a different medical opinion than the established (Fauci) narrative.  Therefore, it must be hidden from public view.

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Using a self-controlled case series, the paper looked only at individuals vaccinated against COVID-19 and reported an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related deaths in men ages 18 to 39 within 28 days of mRNA vaccination, when compared with the same group over a 25-week follow-up period. No difference in all-cause mortality was observed between the two periods.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/features/101148

I know that the Florida Surgeon General is controversial and his tweet of his recommendation was censored, but the man isn’t dumb.  He just has a different medical opinion than the established (Fauci) narrative.  Therefore, it must be hidden from public view.

In all seriousness, did you think I wouldn't read your link? That's an honest question, because I have no idea why you would hang your hat on it when the very article you posted about Ladapo's claim picks it apart mercilessly. 

It's things like this that seriously make me wonder if you're just a troll, because with the flaws that are pointed out it's astounding to me that you would even pay attention to it, much less think it's worthy of posting. The only other explanation is that you really are so trapped in conspiracy and disillusionment that you are having trouble discerning reality.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

In all seriousness, did you think I wouldn't read your link? That's an honest question, because I have no idea why you would hang your hat on it when the very article you posted about Ladapo's claim picks it apart mercilessly. 

It's things like this that seriously make me wonder if you're just a troll, because with the flaws that are pointed out it's astounding to me that you would even pay attention to it, much less think it's worthy of posting. The only other explanation is that you really are so trapped in conspiracy and disillusionment that you are having trouble discerning reality.

You obviously missed my follow up comments to the article.  I know it was controversial and even taken off tweeter because it didn’t fit the narrative of the great Fauci.  Unlike the efficacy was at 95% early on, but believed by the masses, this could actually be proven correct.  The point is, if you are young and healthy there is more danger taking the vaccine and risking myocarditis than the benefits the vaccine provides.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You obviously missed my follow up comments to the article.  I know it was controversial and even taken off tweeter because it didn’t fit the narrative of the great Fauci.  Unlike the efficacy was at 95% early on, but believed by the masses, this could actually be proven correct.  The point is, if you are young and healthy there is more danger taking the vaccine and risking myocarditis than the benefits the vaccine provides.

I saw your follow-up. Your argument was that this was controversial because it didn't fit Fauci's narrative, which is ridiculous.

No, there are a good number of other reasons that his claim was controversial, and they're expressed in that article. Right off the bat it's pointed out that there is no author(s) cited, no report published or peer-reviewed, and the only source was a tweet which, as you pointed out, was taken down for a time (I believe the article said that it had been put back up - can't re-open the article now, as it wants me to register). Then there's the fact that the cases studied did not specify whether those who were vaccinated had even had Covid, which is sort of a big deal since Covid itself can cause myocarditis. The two experts cited in the article point out other flaws, including the fact there were only 20 deaths in the demographic referenced.

You're absolutely correct in that this could be proven out, but it's off to a pretty terrible start. This is not the way any reputable scientist would conduct a study. At this point, in terms of your using it as evidence in a debate, rebutting it isn't even a layup....it's the scoreboard operator automatically putting 2 points on the board.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I understand your reasons for going after Biden, so whatever, but I will never understand your searing contempt for Fauci.

It's part of the MAGA cult canon.  Think of it as a MAGA Myth.  You're not ever going to understand it. It emanates from the same place the conspiracy theories come from. 

MAGAs require villains to maintain their faith.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, Leftfield said:

If you look at interviews before the vaccines were approved, Fauci freely admitted that the initial vaccines were being developed to prevent severe disease, not stop transmission,

There were Stop the Spread campaigns and associated videos. Apparently, those have been taken down (shocker)  

This document is no longer being updated. 
Edited by AUFAN78

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

There were Stop the Spread campaigns and associated videos. Apparently, those have been taken down (shocker)  

This document is no longer being updated. 

Wow. Good point. I mean, if only those political hacks had promoted other means of stopping the spread. You know, things like using, say, some kind of barrier over your face to filter exhalation and reduce its travel distance. Or perhaps keeping a little more distance between you and others when out in society. Or even not go out in public at all unless necessary. Maybe even monitor your own symptoms and stay away from others if you have any, and get tested if you suspect you might have gotten Covid. 

You and so many like you completely ignored all of the above during Covid. Not surprising you'd ignore it now.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Ok, time to call out the BS COVID Vaccine:

The vaccine was NEVER tested to see if it prevented the spread of COVID.  Biden and Fauci (the man who would be king) knew this from the get go and lied to America.  Biden even had a vaccine mandate for his citizens and is still enforcing our Military to have this vaccine that DOESN’T stop the spread of the virus.  Why would you mandate anything that doesn’t work as advertised.

This and the fact that previous infection was completely ignored as a form of immunity.  The communist mandates for the clot shot were just a tool to isolate the opposition.  Well Joe, we remember your clown ass and clown ways 

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

This and the fact that previous infection was completely ignored as a form of immunity.  The communist mandates for the clot shot were just a tool to isolate the opposition.  Well Joe, we remember your clown ass and clown ways 

The vaccine was actually pretty effective at preventing deaths. COVID death rates are overwhelming higher for Republicans than Democrats. The reason, many Republicans refused to take the vaccine leaving them vulnerable to infection.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-death-rates-higher-republicans-democrats-why-rcna50883

8 hours ago, arein0 said:

The vaccine was actually pretty effective at preventing deaths. COVID death rates are overwhelming higher for Republicans than Democrats. The reason, many Republicans refused to take the vaccine leaving them vulnerable to infection.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-death-rates-higher-republicans-democrats-why-rcna50883

I don’t care if the shot turns you into a majestic unicorn that flies.  This is America, not China, you can’t mandate an experimental shot that doesn’t prevent transmission

2 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

I don’t care if the shot turns you into a majestic unicorn that flies.  This is America, not China, you can’t mandate an experimental shot that doesn’t prevent transmission

Pretty sure kids were required pre-COVID to have lots of different vaccines before attending school. Let's be real here, the only reason you're against the COVID shot is because Trump downplayed how dangerous COVID

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/records/keeping-track.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fparents%2Frecords%2Fschools.html

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Pretty sure kids were required pre-COVID to have lots of different vaccines before attending school. Let's be real here, the only reason you're against the COVID shot is because Trump downplayed how dangerous COVID

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/records/keeping-track.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fparents%2Frecords%2Fschools.html

That’s a weird assumption.  I like Trump because DC hates him, but don’t light up at everything he says.  A vaccine that prevents transmission should be discussed as required to protect other citizens, especially the vulnerable.  This was an experimental shot that offered little to no additional protection to younger people, they were never at risk.

Side note - my dad was really upset with me for not getting the shot.  For his age group and condition, the shot totally made sense.  I was in a lower risk age group and I didn’t trust a shot developed in 18months.  I got COVID, became very ill, ended up needing antibodies to kick it.  No point to this story really, haha

13 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

That’s a weird assumption.  I like Trump because DC hates him, but don’t light up at everything he says. 

I only mentioned Trump because at the beginning of COVID, it wasnt political. It only became political when Trump decided to compare COVID to the common cold. Once he said that, Republicans couldn't be bothered to wear a mask, any vaccine made would've been deemed "developed too quickly"

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

That’s a weird assumption.  I like Trump because DC hates him, but don’t light up at everything he says.  A vaccine that prevents transmission should be discussed as required to protect other citizens, especially the vulnerable.  This was an experimental shot that offered little to no additional protection to younger people, they were never at risk.

Side note - my dad was really upset with me for not getting the shot.  For his age group and condition, the shot totally made sense.  I was in a lower risk age group and I didn’t trust a shot developed in 18months.  I got COVID, became very ill, ended up needing antibodies to kick it.  No point to this story really, haha

Keep in mind that 'death' isn't the only negative side effect of covid. Long covid is real...it affects the brain, blood flow, cardiovascular system, and can cause long lasting side effects even to younger people long after 'recovery'. 

I took the shot and boosters cause frankly, I trust a vaccine developed by modern western medicine and deemed safe by 99% of the medical community way more than I trust that a largely mysterious virus from  China that nobody knows much about how it developed or spread wont do anything negative to my body on its own. 

I did get covid and for me it was a minor sore throat with loss of taste and some coughing for a few days. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Wow. Good point. I mean, if only those political hacks had promoted other means of stopping the spread. You know, things like using, say, some kind of barrier over your face to filter exhalation and reduce its travel distance. Or perhaps keeping a little more distance between you and others when out in society. Or even not go out in public at all unless necessary. Maybe even monitor your own symptoms and stay away from others if you have any, and get tested if you suspect you might have gotten Covid. 

You and so many like you completely ignored all of the above during Covid. Not surprising you'd ignore it now.

It was a good point. Unfortunately you missed it. 

You said early on Fauci stated the vaccine was to prevent severe illness not stop transmission. Actually the opposite is true. The CDC campaign I mentioned and accompanying video's were all about stopping the spread/transmission via the vaccine. I was simply correcting your error.

And for the record, I ignored nothing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

You said early on Fauci stated the vaccine was to prevent severe illness not stop transmission. Actually the opposite is true. The CDC campaign I mentioned and accompanying video's were all about stopping the spread/transmission via the vaccine. I was simply correcting your error.

Example?

4 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

It wasn't experimental. And when he issued the mandate it had been proven that it reduced transmission.

It's been discussed in other threads, but a president has expanded powers when a public health emergency is declared.

4 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

How long of a development would you have been comfortable with? Have you gotten vaccinated yet?

Considering how well this vaccine did, will you trust the next vaccine developed if it only takes 18 months?

11 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Example?

You are not keeping up. I clearly showed in a previous post where that documentation had been taken down. 

You tell me why that is? Well we now know why, but I can't wait for your take. 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

You are not keeping up. I clearly showed in a previous post where that documentation had been taken down. 

You tell me why that is? Well we now know why, but I can't wait for your take. 

Ah, so in all the deep dark corners of the right-wing conspiracy websites, you're telling me not one person took a screen capture of the CDC's campaign so they could use it against them later? No videos on youtube to prove this? Huh. Strange.

The page says that document is no longer being updated. Why would they keep an obsolete document on their site? Certainly it could have said from the start that the vaccine prevented spread, but I would like to see that proof. I'm sure the document was updated at some point to state, correctly, that the vaccine helped prevent spread. I guess we would need to see when that was, for you to have proof that it was stated before the vaccine was released.

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Ah, so in all the deep dark corners of the right-wing conspiracy websites, you're telling me not one person took a screen capture of the CDC's campaign so they could use it against them later? No videos on youtube to prove this? Huh. Strange.

The page says that document is no longer being updated. Why would they keep an obsolete document on their site? Certainly it could have said from the start that the vaccine prevented spread, but I would like to see that proof. I'm sure the document was updated at some point to state, correctly, that the vaccine helped prevent spread. I guess we would need to see when that was, for you to have proof that it was stated before the vaccine was released.

I went to the CDC website where the information resided initially. I'll leave dark corners to you. My employer, a Fortune 50 Company, used these documents daily to make informed decisions.

They did not keep the document(s) which is the point. Please keep up.

The documents were updated regularly, but older versions available. That is no longer the case.

• Like 1