* Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

His adjustments are out of this world. As long as our Offense can get us a lead in the first half we have a serious shot in every game the rest of the way.

Exactly. The success of this season hinges upon Bobo. 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yup!  All y'all crapping on CDM need to pay more attention.

I am guilty of being frustrated with the wide open receivers and the issues with getting lined up correctly but every game minus one, our defense has played amazing in the second half.

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He did it twice tonight. 

Doesn't get a lot of touches but when he gets them he makes the most of them.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Exactly. The success of this season hinges upon Bobo. 

With the exception of the 3rd drive of the game I think he called a great game. Execution was the issue in the second half, not the play calling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Say what you will about CDM, but the D has at least made halftime adjustments in every game but Georgia thus far.

And with forum fixes being, "fire 'em," which is only a retributional reaction, but not a fix for remainder of season, ...... :gofig:

A little appreciation, faith, and benefit of doubt. Yes, I have consumed more beer and Tums over this defense. WE

• Haha 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I am guilty of being frustrated with the wide open receivers and the issues with getting lined up correctly but every game minus one, our defense has played amazing in the second half.

Doesn't get a lot of touches but when he gets them he makes the most of them.

I’m guilty of bitching about the defense in the first half, in this thread. Then talking myself down with confidence that the proper adjustments will be made to give us the best chance to win. 

21 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

What is Ole Miss averaging scoring this year?  3 second half points tonight...  If anything, complain about Bobo’s 3 second half points more than Mason tonight.

That point total doesn’t seem like a bit of a misnomer to you? They were in our 20 like 8 times

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m guilty of bitching about the defense in the first half, in this thread. Then talking myself down with confidence that the proper adjustments will be made to give us the best chance to win. 

I'm gonna have to do that more while watching the games and posting live. Just got to accept this is the strategy and as stressful as it is, it works.

Prediction #27: Refs will be looking for anything they can call as targeting against our D in the uscE game. Why?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

With the exception of the 3rd drive of the game I think he called a great game. Execution was the issue in the second half, not the play calling.

You’re probably right. However, it did feel that we drifted away from the run game, which was working and started trying to get a little pass happy. Us shooting ourselves in the foot for various reasons was ultimately frustrating. We could’ve put this game away in the first half…and kept getting opportunities to do so in the 2nd but we couldn’t get out of our own way. 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That point total doesn’t seem like a bit of a misnomer to you? They were in our 20 like 8 times

They can get inside the 20 all they want if they don’t score.  How many red zone opportunities did we have vs Penn State and lost?  

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You’re probably right. However, it did feel that we drifted away from the run game, which was working and started trying to get a little pass happy. Us shooting ourselves in the foot for various reasons was ultimately frustrating. We could’ve put this game away in the first half…and kept getting opportunities to do so in the 2nd but we couldn’t get out of our own way. 

I'm fine with mixing in some passes, maybe we got a little too pass heavy but if Bo has better footwork, we score a lot more. Missed several wide open guys unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I believe it. 

Hopefully, our D will only need to play flag football technique against uscE :we: