Harsin!

cbo

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

They sell these at the Aggie meat market on campus (along with dry aged steaks and other goodness).  I literally take a cooler, stop there, put everything on ice in my car, and then go park so that I can take it all home.

For these delicacies:

Take a jalepeno, hollow it out.  Stuff it with cheddar.

Surround it in ground sausage.  Then wrap it in bacon.

Put in smoker for about 2 hours.

Incredible 

sounds a little like the Texas twinkies I’ve made in the past. Jalapeños stuffed with smoked cream cheese and brisket, wrapped in bacon. 

Meat church has a video on their YouTube channel making “Armadillo eggs” that sound very similar to what you are describing.

Bottom line is I need to come spend some time in Texas.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I am.  Get these jokers every two years in College Station.

IMG_20191012_121052.jpg

What is that?

225? 

I just smoked on a dedicated smoker for the first time yesterday. 

IRWZREV.jpeg

• Love 5

7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

What is that?

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Nice dude! How did it turn out?

Amazing.

I can see why electrics are considered easy mode. Temperature control on it was an absolute breeze. Had to crank it once I cleared the stall but the result was still amazing. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Amazing.

I can see why electrics are considered easy mode. Temperature control on it was an absolute breeze. Had to crank it once I cleared the stall but the result was still amazing. 

Yeah I envy everyone who has an electro powered smoker. Does it use chips/pellets?

Just now, Barnacle said:

Yeah I envy everyone who has an electro powered smoker. Does it use chips/pellets?

Chips. I blended pecan and apple wood, easing into 100% pecan as we went through the cook.

Rub was salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Dijon mustard.

Spritzed with unfiltered apple cider vinegar every 2 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I see a team improving week to week. I see coaches making effective adjustments on O and D. That's something I haven't seen in a bit at AU! WDE!

13 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

He will get the best out of his players. My only question is, "What kind of players will those be?" In other words, all we need to see to be completely sold on him is how good he'll recruit.

It takes time to build relationships with area HS and coaches. I'm not fretting about his recruiting immediately, the man hasn't even been here 12 months yet.

5 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'll try not to be too in the moment, but games like last night can move the culture forward a thousand miles.

I can't imagine a recruit there last night that doesn't think Auburn is the best place to be on a Saturday. They can watch every offensive position play a huge role, see a crazy atmosphere, and also see that this is only the beginning.

Pending anything crazy happening, we will be elite within the next 3 years. 

win lose or draw Auburn has always been elite in my heart. i would love to catch a game but i would have to sit in nose bleed and i am not sure i could even make it up there now.................

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

They sell these at the Aggie meat market on campus (along with dry aged steaks and other goodness).  I literally take a cooler, stop there, put everything on ice in my car, and then go park so that I can take it all home.

For these delicacies:

200.gif.340bb4b519979e45aebe331acc7a9a9b.gif

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Amazing.

Interesting. When I smoke ribs on my Webber grill, I am mostly tethered to the grill for 4 hours to maintain temperature. I do enjoy the performance of it, but it’s a highly manual process. I would likely smoke more often with an electric.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Interesting. When I smoke ribs on my Webber grill, I am mostly tethered to the grill for 4 hours to maintain temperature. I do enjoy the performance of it, but it’s a highly manual process. I would likely smoke more often with an electric.

I've smoked on my Weber too and yeah it is far more finicky. 

The electric was just so easy. I could have walked off for an hour no problem. Just set by my back door to check on temp and smoke every time I walked by. Had to fiddle with the temp initially (built in thermometer is junk) but once I had it set I didn't have to adjust again until I cleared the stall and was wrapping up.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i gave gus his due but i moved on. i think in a couple of years we will be more feared than a geezer eating mexican without any depends on. green has hired i believe three outstanding coaches. pearl and harsin for sure and the lady basketball coach i think is gonna show out some as well. maybe he tried to cut too much money but he seems to know talent for sure.

Not saying I disagree at all.  But I do think that both Chizik and Mahlzahn were men of character that truly cared for Auburn.  Therefore I don’t see being behind Harsin means you’ve got to be negative about the prior coaches.  I think Harsin could do VERY well at Auburn.  

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m sorry, but who exactly singled out our 2 previous coaches? 

Nobody said a got damn thing about them.

*ETA- @GoAU for some reason I whiffed on responding to your post. I’m usually a fairly level headed poster. My apologies. WDE

It’s all good brother - we’re all on the same side.  

15 hours ago, au302 said:

The thing that gives me hope is that, unlike the past two, I genuinely feel like he's implementing a culture and an offensive system that can be more consistent in the long run. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like he is a much better developmental and game day coach than the other two you mention

I do love the hard nosed,  “fighter” culture he’s building.   I’m excited about the future.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pedaler said:

FWIW - same here. Then i tried the rope or snake method with the Webber. Can go about 6 hours without worrying about it. I could not believe it actually worked and pork butt turned out awesome. Wanting to do brisket soon. Just use decent quality charcoal. I've almost pulled the trigger on electric and natural gas smokers many times. Seems like something breaks or doesn't work as advertised whenever I shell out more cash. If I did get a dedicated upright smoker, it would be electric.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I still keep going back to the play in the first half where we lined in a 2 WR, 2 TE Power I and threw it 20 yards to a wide open TE.

For the first time in a decade, I don't have a clue of where the ball is going pre-snap and I love it.

Great play but my favotite:

with about 2 mins to go in the half, we drive it down with a mix of run and passes, and it is 2nd and goal at the 9 after Bo spikes. Then the play call where Bo throws it out to the RB Hunter for an easy TD was a thing of beauty. 

I turned to my son, and said just some of these play calls in hte passing game are what we have been waiting for for the last 5-6 years, using TEs, and slants, and nice disguised pass plays involving the RBs...

Offensive recruits have got to see how this offense put together by Harsin and Bobo, gives all skill personnel a chance to shine and make winning plays on the field.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I guess I just posted, but Auburn can only win by what Coach Jordan said: blocking and tackling. We don’t have the recruiting advantages our rivals do, but when Auburn runs and plays fierce defense, it wins. And when it combines that with some offensive stars, it competes for national championships.

I think Harsin is figuring that out.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

yes please lets enjoy the game. harsin is pulling many of us out of the darkness so to speak where we are getting our pride back. i have never quit loving Auburn but i have sat through some rough games only to think "what in the hell did i just watch"?

I am right there with you. I hated watching the CGM Teams. Yes we could get an awesome win for the ages or...get the living crap beat of us. mostly lose our asses in Big Games. 

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I still keep going back to the play in the first half where we lined in a 2 WR, 2 TE Power I and threw it 20 yards to a wide open TE.

For the first time in a decade, I don't have a clue of where the ball is going pre-snap and I love it.

Mega Dittoes on that one. For the first time in years, a drunk, fat, old, white guy in Morgan County cant accurately call at least 2/3s of our plays. And I actually like that. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I think Harsin is figuring that out.

I am right there with you. I hated watching the CGM Teams. Yes we could get an awesome win for the ages or...get the living crap beat of us. mostly lose our asses in Big Games. 

Mega Dittoes on that one. For the first time in years, a drunk, fat, old, white guy in Morgan County cant accurately call at least 2/3s of our plays. And I actually like that. 

DK short for drunk and W short for white. Gotcha

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Obviously, Harsin is not letting this issue distract him from his job as much as some fans are.  It will work out just fine, there is a lot that is going to happen between now and December 8th, on and off the field.

One of those things is that we will find out that he is vaccinated.  I truly like the man, but I don't respect his failure to lead on a topic of this importance.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 11

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

Amazing.

I’ve got one too! If I was smart I’d use it more instead of trying to figure out the impact of an adjustment of 1/8 inch on the airflow and temp with my Green Egg. I’ve committed to electric for Thanksgiving.

I also like where we are and the improvements that we have made.  However, people forget that at this time in 2019 we were ranked #9. In 2018 we were ranked #20. In 2017 we were ranked #10.  Today we are ranked #12.

I just point that out to remind people that we have been here before.  From a distance it looks eerily familiar, even though up close we see lots of positives to be optimistic about.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

One of those things is that we will find out that he is vaccinated 

You really think that?

• Like 1