Harsin!

cbo

55 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There are a lot of things that fall into the category of being nobody else's business.  The point is that when you accept a high profile position, you also accept the fact that you will be expected to discuss some of those things nonetheless.   You accept that your choices, although they are private, are often seen as a reflection of those you represent.  There is an expectation that you will use the pulpit you are afforded to lead in a positive way.  That is why Saban, Smart, Kiffin  etc do PSAs encouraging people to get vaccinated.  Nobody forced them to do those.  It isn't in their contract, yet they feel obligated to make a positive impact and take the opportunity to lead.  That is why this is disappointing.

Like I have said over and over, I like Harsin.  That doesn't mean that I won't use my voice to point out when I believe he makes a misstep, especially an unforced error like this has been.

Bird, may have missed it, but I’d like to better understand your concerns about “privacy” issues with vaccine status. Im confused why “I’d rather not talk about it” is a better answer than vaxed/unvaxed. Just me, but total transparency….and honesty…seems a better play. What am I missing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Everyone loves BBQ though lol. 

Hard to trust anyone that doesn’t!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I gotta go bigger next time. I had expected leftovers tonight. There were no leftovers in my fridge. The kids apparently went to town on it.

Love this smoker already. Right now visions of smoking every weekend are dancing in my head lol. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I gotta go bigger next time. I had expected leftovers tonight. There were no leftovers in my fridge. The kids apparently went to town on it.

Love this smoker already. Right now visions of smoking every weekend are dancing in my head lol. 

Be careful. Don’t go the sausage route. First it’s a pack every now and then. Maybe just at parties. Next thing you know it’s a pack a week. You’re buying whole cartons. Then, a pack a day. Very slippery slope to becoming a chain smoker. It’s a hard habit to break.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Be careful. Don’t go the sausage route. First it’s a pack every now and then. Maybe just at parties. Next thing you know it’s a pack a week. You’re buying whole cartons. Then, a pack a day. Very slippery slope to becoming a chain smoker. It’s a hard habit to break.

Smoked Sausage is a gateway drug....😅

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tomcat said:

Bird, may have missed it, but I’d like to better understand your concerns about “privacy” issues with vaccine status. Im confused why “I’d rather not talk about it” is a better answer than vaxed/unvaxed. Just me, but total transparency….and honesty…seems a better play. What am I missing?

Missing the bit where if the media and busybodies are going to stop trying to micromanage other people's lives, there's a point where you tell them that it's none of their dang business. 0 issue with telling people who don't have any need to know, that they're gonna have to not know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 33gles said:

Missing the bit where if the media and busybodies are going to stop trying to micromanage other people's lives, there's a point where you tell them that it's none of their dang business. 0 issue with telling people who don't have any need to know, that they're gonna have to not know.

Well, that is certainly a perspective. However, I’m thinking public health and the well being of the population, especially during pandemics, is everyone’s concern.

• Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, tomcat said:

However, I’m thinking public health and the well being of the population, especially during pandemics, is everyone’s concern.

Anything to do with the pandemic, masks, and vaccines stopped being about the health and well-being of the population long ago. The issue was hijacked by “My side is smarter than your side”, rendering any discussion futile. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Well, that is certainly a perspective. However, I’m thinking public health and the well being of the population, especially during pandemics, is everyone’s concern.

Public health went out the window when the southern border became a water fall of people.    If it was about protecting people, everything would be on the table (all medicines, antibodies, vaccines)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

Public health and population well being is only possibly impacted by the actual receiving of the vaccine. People’s knowledge of whether someone has taken it impacts nothing but curiosity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

How does it help the well being of the population to force people like nurses and police out of jobs through a vaccine mandate? And this is for a vaccine that doesn't prevent catching the virus, doesn't prevent spreading the virus, and doesn't prevent people dying from the virus. While at the same time, efforts are made by certain groups to not allow other potential treatment options. When a doctor can prescribe a medicine and a pharmacist can refuse to fill it or governors can ban medicines, that is not for the well being of the population. Maybe we should start in those areas before being so concerned about the vaccination status of a football coach. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Anything to do with the pandemic, masks, and vaccines stopped being about the health and well-being of the population long ago. The issue was hijacked by “My side is smarter than your side”, rendering any discussion futile. 

Subsequent posts riddled with multiple falsehoods show that it's more "My side is dumber", but you are correct about the end result. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nurbis said:

How does it help the well being of the population to force people like nurses and police out of jobs through a vaccine mandate? And this is for a vaccine that doesn't prevent catching the virus, doesn't prevent spreading the virus, and doesn't prevent people dying from the virus. While at the same time, efforts are made by certain groups to not allow other potential treatment options. When a doctor can prescribe a medicine and a pharmacist can refuse to fill it or governors can ban medicines, that is not for the well being of the population. Maybe we should start in those areas before being so concerned about the vaccination status of a football coach. 

The fact that the vaccines are effective is well documented so I wont get into the whole "The vaccines don't do anything" stuff, but about the mandates:

1) Nurses and healthcare professionals should have the vaccine mandated because many of them are around vulnerable populations and sick people that are at an extremely high risk if they catch covid. If the nurses don't want to protect their patients or don't believe in medicine then they shouldn't be in healthcare. 

2) As for police....well, they wouldn't get fired if "They just COMPLY" with the mandates from their superiors. Isn't that the excuse any time a police officer kills or roughs up a citizen..."well if that guy would have just complied with police commands nothing bad would have happened"  .....I say same applies here,. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

) As for police....well, they wouldn't get fired if "They just COMPLY" with the mandates from their superiors. Isn't that the excuse any time a police officer kills or roughs up a citizen..."well if that guy would have just complied with police commands nothing bad would have happened"  .....I say same applies here,. 

Edited 18 minutes ago by CoffeeTiger

Except your logic leaves out the fact that when the police are giving commands, someone is breaking the law.   What law is broken by not saying you are vaccinated?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Except your logic leaves out the fact that when the police are giving commands, someone is breaking the law.  

This is untrue. 

You DO NOT have to be breaking any law at all to be stopped by police or to be questioned or commanded to do things. Police expect you to follow every command they give no matter the situation. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

This pandemic is passe', at least in America. According to none other than the President, 77% of the adult population has been vaccinated. Add in the tens of millions who caught the virus, got over it and thus have natural immunity and the much ballyhooed Herd Immunity was reached long ago. Were the pandemic not over, we'd see super-spreader events after each of the hundreds of football games attended by un-masked hordes every Saturday and Sunday for the past eight weeks. No such events have occurred.

As always, people with special circumstances should behave accordingly. The rest of us should go about our normal business as we did before this virus escaped from the Chinese lab.

The days of medical reasons for mandates, etc. are over. The only reason to continue with mandates is to exercise political control and spread fear. If Washington cared about stopping the virus, they'd stop the swarms of unvaccinated, untested illegals from crossing our southern border.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

This is untrue. 

You DO NOT have to be breaking any law at all to be stopped by police or to be questioned or commanded to do things. Police expect you to follow every command they give no matter the situation. 

The police question people or stop people based on the fact that they think or have witnessed someone committed a crime.   There are exceptions to every profession, so I’m not going to get into the bad apples.   And authority is given to the police to prevent what we witnessed during the summer of 2020.   When the people in charge decide not to do anything, that is when you see cities burning and people occupying blocks of cities without any push back.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

The police question people or stop people based on the fact that they think or have witnessed someone committed a crime.   There are exceptions to every profession, so I’m not going to get into the bad apples.   And authority is given to the police to prevent what we witnessed during the summer of 2020.   When the people in charge decide not to do anything, that is when you see cities burning and people occupying blocks of cities without any push back.   

The police have the legal authority to stop- anyone they suspect or have a suspicion about. 

The suspect is expected just to comply no matter what. 

The government has the legal authority to mandate vaccines for police to continue working their job. 

The police should be expected to comply no matter what. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The police have the legal authority to stop- anyone they suspect or have a suspicion about. 

The government has the legal authority to mandate vaccines for police to continue working their job. 

Hey Bro,

you have gotten off topic.   It’s about whether CBH should say if he has been vaccinated.   People that are forced to get vaccinated can either abide or lose their job.   I don’t agree with it.   It’s obvious to me and others that you don’t agree and probably have a completely/opposite view on life and how our country should be run.   That’s ok, thanks what makes this such a wonderful place.   Just not sure how people can be on the side of a women’s choice and then turn around and say, you don’t have a choice.   

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Police should have a “defendable reason” to stop anyone. Not Total authority.

If vaccine mandates are legal, you are correct that their employer has that right within certain historic boundaries (such as religious exemptions).

• Like 1

Speaking of police : https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/new-york-police-vaccine-mandate-b1949518.html "

Only 34 police officers defy New York’s vaccine mandate after union threatened 10,000 would quit

The mandates are legal, constitutional, and they work. 

They will also save the lives of who knows how many police officers. Covid has been the biggest killer and work related danger  of police officers in the last year. 

• Like 4

this is always gonna be one of the strangest of situations in our history.

Almost all politicians and wealthy people are vaccinated that represent a certain party, a biased news organization is almost entirely vaccinated and has policies in place.   they preach to there lower level less educated base to not do it, even though they all have.   kinda like the theory of trickle down economics and that all these rich people of one party told everyone  in their party that if they get taxed less they will spend more and that will help everyone down the line.  so they donate to politicians and then became exponentially more wealthy while the strength of their southern base held strong collecting welfare checks, continued to have struggling schools, low wages and state budgets that only survive by getting federal welfare from the states they denounce.  of course a bunch of these people believe that the multimillionaire pastor isn't dipping into the collection pot either and only has God's interest in mind every Sunday.  So being taken advantage of by leaders they trust is in their nature and culture.

Edit: I would not have posted this here, but this thread was derailed by a mod who had to throw vaccination out there for no reason.

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

There are a lot of things that fall into the category of being nobody else's business.  The point is that when you accept a high profile position, you also accept the fact that you will be expected to discuss some of those things nonetheless.   You accept that your choices, although they are private, are often seen as a reflection of those you represent.  There is an expectation that you will use the pulpit you are afforded to lead in a positive way.  That is why Saban, Smart, Kiffin  etc do PSAs encouraging people to get vaccinated.  Nobody forced them to do those.  It isn't in their contract, yet they feel obligated to make a positive impact and take the opportunity to lead.  That is why this is disappointing.

Like I have said over and over, I like Harsin.  That doesn't mean that I won't use my voice to point out when I believe he makes a misstep, especially an unforced error like this has been.

Saban, Smart, and Kiffin's PSA's have literally saved millions of lives? Wow!

Edited by slyinsocal

12 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Saban, Smart, and Kiffin's PSA's have literally saved millions of live? Wow!

If it saved even 1 persons life by encouraging them to go ahead and get the vaccine then it was worth the effort IMO. 

Plus Bama, UGA, and Ole Miss aren't having media articles and hundreds of forum posts written arguing about their vaccination stance like AU is.

the "What if Harsin ignores the mandate like WSU's coach did?"..isn't a good discussion to have hanging in the air all season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some schools are using it as a recruiting tactic against Auburn and Harsin. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 3