Old school I formation

gr82b4au

I love having Bobo. Maybe not the flashy new-age type of guy, but he is a good coordinator that will scheme a good game plan and field a respectable offense. He and Harsin are a good marriage with blending the Bobo pro-style with the Boise State offense. Really hope he stays because we are fortunate to have him imho

• Like 6

Our blockers have done a good job on the toss sweep out of this formation and the backs have done a good job following their blocks

• Like 4

Love seeing smash mouth football and just saying our 11 is gonna push around your 11. Especially love seeing 13 personnel quite a bit. Bobo isn’t flashy or high powered, but I feel like it is the identity this team needed. 

Didn’t know this but they were saying last night that BoBo grew up an AU fan. Only went to UGA because AU was on probation.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, au302 said:

He and Harsin are a good marriage with blending the Bobo pro-style with the Boise State offense

I think this is the key to the offense. Bobo by himself wasnt fantastic but was solid. Add in Harsin’s plays and you get the finesse and the power. As long as they continually adapt I think they’ll do great together

I saw a small sample of the I earlier but I don't think it was used by the staff that much because it seemed that the fullback and running back was not on the same plan.  The fullback would peel to the inside to block when the running back wanted to go to the outside.  However, it can be effective for teams such as Auburn that OL is questionable on run blocking because lineman do not have to hold their blocks as long.  I hope the staff incorporates draw plays, misdirection and quick traps off the I.

8 hours ago, au302 said:

I love having Bobo. Maybe not the flashy new-age type of guy, but he is a good coordinator that will scheme a good game plan and field a respectable offense. He and Harsin are a good marriage with blending the Bobo pro-style with the Boise State offense. Really hope he stays because we are fortunate to have him imho

I was thinking the same thing. Surely he won't be leaving. His son is committed and hopefully signs with the Tigers.

I was thinking yesterday, and I'm sure it's been discussed, that the offense really seemed to hit the re-set button after Ga State. Almost like we went back to the drawing board because it's looked different ever since. Fast forward a week later at LSU and we see Harsin with a play sheet with Kiesau on his hip every offensive possession.

So not to restart the endless Corn debate that was had, but maybe the Kiesau move was not solely about the receivers but the passing game as a whole? Simply wondering if Harsin decided we needed more of his pass concepts and decided that promoting Kiesau would be the best way to do that, which would make sense since he was his OC. Maybe this has just been better execution. Whatever it is, I'm thrilled with all three of those guys right now, but we really have looked different since Ga State in my completely non-expert opinion

• Like 1

Bobo is a good schematic coach but has a bit of a reputation as an off kilter situational play caller. Things are going well now though so no complaints. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

It’s just nice to see NFL like formation and play calls. Not high school, basic concepts anymore. 

Yep. It is so refreshing to see our OC scheme open guys. I.E. the J. Hunter TD catch from Bo, schemed open. Wonderful

• Like 4