2023 5* PG Isaiah Collier

toddc

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4

• toddc changed the title to Isaiah Collier: 2023 Guard from Atlanta
  • ellitor changed the title to 2023 5* PG Isaiah Collier

On 11/3/2021 at 10:43 AM, ellitor said:

Likely behind Carlyle on our board at PG & Stephon Castle overall at G.

Not necessarily related to this thread, but are the star rankings for high school basketball not that reliable?  I have seen our staff a few times pick 3-4* players over 5* players before.  I trust Bruce implicitly, but it just made me wonder if these recruiting site's evaluations skills are not on par with actual coaches' skills like Pearl.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Not necessarily related to this thread, but are the star rankings for high school basketball not that reliable?  I have seen our staff a few times pick 3-4* players over 5* players before.  I trust Bruce implicitly, but it just made me wonder if these recruiting site's evaluations skills are not on par with actual coaches' skills like Pearl.

I’m not sure we’ve ever turned down a 5-star for a lower-ranked player (at least in the end). Sometimes the player rankings take some time to shake out, and don’t seem to immediately reflect the latest on court performances by these guys. Players develop quickly at this age. 

The obvious recent example is Zion Cruz. Anyone who’d watched Nick Smith recently knew he was a level or two above Zion, despite being lower ranked. Now the rankings reflect that - Smith is top 10 nationally. Barry Dunning is another guy that was highly ranked for a time that we didn’t prioritize, and then he dropped after rankings caught up with his play. 

Just my thoughts. 

Edited by Dunndone414
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

@abw0004Bruce does his own evals. Took Bryce when he was an injured 3*.Also took Tre Donaldson when he was a 3* in this class. It's not about Bball star rankings being unreliable as it is staff's trusting their own evals.

4 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

I’m not sure we’ve ever turned down a 5-star for a lower-ranked player (at least in the end)

Did it this class with Cruz behind a number of lower ranked players.Not just Westry who we just took.

• 3 months later...

Since there isn’t a 2023 thread, I’m throwing this out here. Talk to me about Isaiah Collier. I know he’s been mentioned before, does anyone know the latest? There’s a Fan FutureCast for him to AU on Rivals, but I’m guessing that means nothing.

Looks like we don’t have much going in ‘23 yet. And with Jabari’s and Walker’s success, that can’t possibly stay the same way.

11 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Since there isn’t a 2023 thread, I’m throwing this out here. Talk to me about Isaiah Collier. I know he’s been mentioned before, does anyone know the latest? There’s a Fan FutureCast for him to AU on Rivals, but I’m guessing that means nothing.

Looks like we don’t have much going in ‘23 yet. And with Jabari’s and Walker’s success, that can’t possibly stay the same way.

2023 targets are here. Not at all correct to say we don't have anything going. Ja'Kobe Walter and Wesley Yates seem to be our top targets at guard. It's been suggested that Collier isn't interested at this time. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 9:09 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Collier might be a Bama lean. He never liked us for some reason.

10 hours ago, AUreo said:

Collier might be a Bama lean. He never liked us for some reason.

Guess he loves NIT Oates tanking the stock of a 5 star PG  who came in with lottery pick  buzz...........