2022 4* WR Antonio Williams Clemson Bound

Paladin

With Clemons most likely committing to Oregon, I assume Williams has become a bigger recruiting target for the staff.

Per 247 Sports, Offers from Auburn, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Florida State, Notre Dame, Clemson and others

Updated scouting report on 4-star receiver Antonio Williams

By COOPER PETAGNA Oct 22, 9:51 AM

Ranked the No. 22 receiver in the country and the No. 150 prospect in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Antonio Williams from Dutch Fork High School in South Carolina has continued to display high level playmaking ability throughout his senior season that has made him one of the most sought out uncommitted receivers in the 2022 recruiting class.

The following is an updated 247Sports scouting report on Williams, who holds offers from Auburn, Ole Miss, Clemson, and South Carolina, among others.

Possesses ideal size at 6-foot and 180-pounds plus. Possesses growth potential to add additional weight to frame. Displays good athleticism in multiple phases of the game. Shows the ability to play inside out as a receiver. Demonstrates good short area burst and acceleration. Appears to have fluid hips and change of direction ability, shows the ability to get in and out of breaks quickly.

Displays savviness as a route runner. Has a good understanding of leverage. Shows the ability to create separation quickly at the top of routes. Sudden in his movement patterns. Displays natural pass catching ability and strong hands. Willing receiver in the middle of the field. Plays with toughness. Exhibits good play strength and run after catch ability. Can make the first defender miss, whether it's through contact or in space.

Position versatile receiver that can be utilized in a variety of ways. Has the ability to be a linear threat down the field but excels with his playmaking ability in the middle of the field and after the catch. Has a tough, do-it-all demeanor to his playing style. Will be an immediate impact player on special teams. May not overwhelm you physically but plays the receiver position exceptionally well.

Williams has helped Dutch Fork to a 7-0 start to the 2021 season with two games remaining in the regular season. Dutch Fork looks to win their eight straight as they host Lexington High School on Friday night.

Williams has taken official visits to Auburn, Ole Miss, South Carolina, and Clemson.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is OM the biggest threat here? Nice that we're (almost certainly) going to beat both them and USCe.

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Is OM the biggest threat here? Nice that we're (almost certainly) going to beat both them and USCe.

I believe Ole Miss is the biggest threat.

People more in the know than me, may disagree.

On 11/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, Paladin said:

I believe Ole Miss is the biggest threat.

People more in the know than me, may disagree.

Any idea why Clemson isn't interested in this guy, or why he isn't interested in Clemson?

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

What are you, his messenger? 

Nope. Just repeating what he said in the main 2022 recruiting thread. Thought it would be useful here.

Edited by AUwent

32 minutes ago, metafour said:

Yeah, he'll probably commit to them now that they're beating Florida!

It's just extremely hard to be optimistic about our recruiting at this point.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, metafour said:

Yeah, he'll probably commit to them now that they're beating Florida!

NOT YOU TOO!!!! lol good lawwwwwwd this is not how recruiting works. It is not so reactionary and game to game. We have got to stop doing this for every possible game and the random variables on how it directly impacts AU's recruiting.........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

NOT YOU TOO!!!! lol good lawwwwwwd this is not how recruiting works. It is not so reactionary and game to game. We have got to stop doing this for every possible game and the random variables on how it directly impacts AU's recruiting.........

🙃

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

It's just extremely hard to be optimistic about our recruiting at this point.

giphy.gif

2D6.gif

*Gif removed

Edited by bigbird
You know better than to post that last one 
  • Like 2

4-star WR Antonio Williams: 'Harsin taking Auburn in right direction'

Jeffrey Lee•about 10 hours

Article written by:Jeffrey Lee

Dutch Fork (SC) four-star wide receiver Antonio Williams has been keeping a close eye on Auburn this season.

And for good reason.

Williams, the No. 137 overall recruit in the On3 Consensus Rankings, has Auburn among his top schools. He’s been impressed with what he’s seen from Bryan Harsin and the Tigers’ 6-3 start.

“Auburn has won some games that have shown me some great things,” Williams told On3’s Joseph Hastings. “This is (Harsin’s) first year and he has shown that he is taking Auburn in the right direction.”

Williams has strong bonds with Harsin, Bobo

Williams has developed a relationship with Harsin, as well as with offensive coordinator Mike Bobo, who is Williams’ area/primary recruiter.

“I sat down with Coach Harsin (in June) and he showed me that he is a hard-nosed, get-it-done-type coach,” Williams said. “I like that type of coach.

“And I like Coach Bobo. He talks to me and my family. He’s a cool, funny, just a great guy. It would be awesome to play under him. They are building new facilities that are supposed to be some of the best facilities in the nation. That’s some cool stuff that would help develop me and my teammates if I ended up going there.”

Williams is considering it. He took an unofficial visit to Auburn in June and plans to return to the Iron Bowl on an official visit.

“I’m going for the Iron Bowl and if they come out with the win, that would be amazing,” Williams said. “Just to get to watch a game like that, a game I usually just watch on TV, it’s going to be fun and a good experience. I’m ready to get to that game and see what they can do versus Bama.”

Williams first will take an official visit to Ole Miss. He’s already visited South Carolina. The two schools, along with Auburn, presumably are the main ones in his recruitment.

Williams isn’t set on signing in the early period, which runs Dec. 15-17, although he said “it’s possible” that he does.

On3 ranks Williams the No. 18 wide receiver in the 2022 class and No. 4 overall recruit in South Carolina.

• Like 2

"They are building new facilities that are supposed to be some of the best facilities in the nation. That’s some cool stuff that would help develop me and my teammates if I ended up going there."

First time a top recruit mentions this?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Well, that oughta do it with this one……

Just getting crushed at the last second with Clemons, AW, Agbo, etc.

yay 2nd place

• Sad 2

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Just getting crushed at the last second with Clemons, AW, Agbo, etc.

yay 2nd place

This is a total nightmare scenario for Auburn. Right now it sounds like we are not getting any of those players according to the insider on rivals. If we can’t recruit, and we are having trouble coaching on the field, it is going to get ugly. It is amazing the difference few weeks can make.