* Official Auburn vs. Texas A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

We give cushion and wonder why those slants happen. Smh

I'm not a coach, but why doesn't Mason make adjustments before half-time?

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going into the game, advanced stats pointed to us needing to be successful against them on 1st downs both defensively and offensively. 

Need to tighten up.

• Like 1

Everyone whines about the defense every game. And then they adjust and it’s fine. Let’s just let the 1st half play out. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Every whines about the defense every game. And then they adjust and it’s fine. Let’s just let the 1st half play out. 

Eventually that will catch up to Auburn. U can’t rely on that every game. That works if u have a potent offense . Give up 3 but U score 7

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Every whines about the defense every game. And then they adjust and it’s fine. Let’s just let the 1st half play out. 

Seems this defense is based on the offense making a mistake. It’s tough if the offense doesn’t make one. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Better hope Bobo can find a way to keep us in it until half because Mason never adjusts until then

That's been my worry all week. Their week off, and our defense in the first half.

Just now, e808 said:

Eventually that will catch up to Auburn. U can’t rely on that every game

This is probably that game. Jimbo knows what to do....unlike Lame Kiffen.

• Love 1

Man I really hate our defensive scheme. But jeez we win out more times than not. Lol

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Seems this defense is based on the offense making a mistake. It’s tough if the offense doesn’t make one. 

That’s the one contextual thing I think has been left out with some of these bend don’t break performances. Like we essentially depended on Max Johnson to miss open receivers or for Lane Kiffin to make terrible red zone decisions in those 2nd halves. And I’m not disparaging the result. But I just wonder what happens when the other team executes on the available opportunities 

• Like 1