* Official Auburn vs. Texas A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I just don’t  understand, regardless of the competition, how Bo can look like he is so confident and productive over 2 hard fought games then go out today and look like he has never played football. He was off all day. Maybe is his emotions.

4Q pass over the middle to Shivers thrown like he was angry. I thin it was just a blur on video. Amazing that Shivers caught it. Yeah, maybe some sports psychology all-around. These things will likely get better as Harsin has a chance to develop a team with players that meet his requirements for skill and demeanor. I think this year is just a crapshoot that has beaten the odds so-far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I just don’t  understand, regardless of the competition, how Bo can look like he is so confident and productive over 2 hard fought games then go out today and look like he has never played football. He was off all day. Maybe is his emotions.

Coverage.  A&M just full of studs and they knew exactly what Bobo was going to do. We were outcoached.  The dropped passes didn’t help.  Bo was definitely off, and panicky. But the coverage was superb. 

• Like 2

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Jeremy wasn’t a problem the coaching was. Bo is who Bo has always been. The problem is the coaches are still playing him despite it. If his name wasn’t Nix he would have already been benched. Plenty of folks made mistakes today but No continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. 

You think Bo had great coaching and development during his career at Auburn? Until a few months ago he had the same coach that JJ had. Wasn't the lack of QB development a big reason that people wanted a coaching change? Can't be true for one and not the other. 

Bo has his faults but the offensive game plan for today was destined to fail anyway. Jimbo was ready for Bo's strengths and he took those out of the equation. The OC for Auburn had nothing else ready and did not make adjustments.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Y'all right now 😂 good lord we played like s*** it happens good lord, no QB is leaving especially DD he will be here next year, ill put up a 100$ on that one. But calm down jeez y'all are killing me. 

giphy.gif

50 points for Simpsons gif. You'd had 100 for a Burns "release the hounds". :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Does it count that I almost picked that one 🤣

Yes. Great minds think alike!

(I'm partial to the pitchforks and torches one for these fora)

Edited by AUx
  • Love 1

Just now, au302 said:

The truth hurts

I don't equate CBS Sports with the truth exactly. There's history there and some bad blood between CBS and Auburn. It's just how they operate now. When Gary leaves some of it will leave with him. I hope he leaves tomorrow.

Just like we would crush Penn State if we played them next week, A&M is also seriously improved.  They would beat the Hogs and was it MSU that also beat them?They are a really good football team that is gelling.  We held their offense to 4 field goals.  We are not a bad team.  I think A&M is a top 10 team. The 12th man makes it tough.  Bo stunk today and Bobo overwhelmed, but take away the fumble and we played a competitive game.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

Yes. Great minds think alike!

(I'm partial to the pitchforks and torches one for these fora)

Yeah same but the sky is falling just fit better this time 🤣

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This comment was facepalm’d but this is exactly what happened when Brennan was (rumoredly) unfairly given the backup job to Burrow. There HAS to be a fair process with Nix this off-season. Not saying that there wasn’t last offseason, but it’s mandatory now with how little time it appears Finley and DD will get going forward this season 

Yeah, I’m not saying Bo should hit the portal, but when you’re on the sidelines and watching hot mess s*** like was happening today for the whole game…it’s probably wall reading time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I just don’t  understand, regardless of the competition, how Bo can look like he is so confident and productive over 2 hard fought games then go out today and look like he has never played football. He was off all day. Maybe it’s his emotions. 

To be fair, he got zero help from the OL, but once he gets flustered…he’s done and we all see it.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

To be fair, he got zero help from the OL, but once he gets flustered…he’s done and we all see it.

He was pressured some and had other plays where they gave him plenty of time. He didn’t connect on the throws where he had time, and he ran backwards when he got pressured. It’s unacceptable. Good qb’s stay composed under pressure. He comes unhinged. 

• Like 2

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Yep. Why can't the coaches? It's freaking obvious. Sit him for a series and let him breathe. He reminds me of me when I try to hit a 49 yard lob shot. Total panic!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't equate CBS Sports with the truth exactly. There's history there and some bad blood between CBS and Auburn. It's just how they operate now. When Gary leaves some of it will leave with him. I hope he leaves tomorrow.

I love conspiracies and you may be correct, but I think in this case they were simply stating the obvious, which is that Auburn couldn't complete simple pitch and catch passes today. Wasn't exactly expert analysis, but still the harsh truth. I'm not a huge fan of Gary either 

17 minutes ago, tomcat said:

I’m curious what you’d do differently? His job rides on his performance. As a fan, yours does not. 

I hear you.  It’s tough. I have no clue what would have worked.  I mean, they truly smothered us. It just seems like we could have tried a few different plays or done something.  Anything. It appeared to me that we didn’t have enough intermediate passes, slants,  wheel routes, didn’t target the TEs enough.  Whatever it was, they knew what was coming.  Man, that D had our number.  And the buck stops with Harsin/Bobo. Period. Not calling for anything drastic, just stating that the performance is on the coaches and players, ultimately.  And today the O just flat out stunk. 

24 minutes ago, tomcat said:

I’m curious what you’d do differently? His job rides on his performance. As a fan, yours does not. 

We play bad on offense and it’s the OC fault? 

did u see the game? Bo and his WRs did not play well or execute well enough. 

if there is a bad call to lose a game. Fine. That’s on OC.  But this game was not lost on play calling. 
geez. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

We just got whipped today in every phase ..

On to the next game. We can still end up with a good season.

8-4

Vagisil Bowl on tap!

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

8-4

Vagisil Bowl on tap!

Hope we at least finish the regular season 8-4.

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

8-4

Vagisil Bowl on tap!

Can we stop with this "all bowls that aren't the playoff are garbage" mindset?