2022 4* OT Malik Agbo

WFE12

Well, it also does not help, U OF Texas announced a massive NIL for offensive lineman during his visit.  $50,000 per lineman per year up to a total of $800,00 for the group and suddenly he is all Horns.  But hey, no paying in the ncaa......

• Like 1

It is scary to me that a legit 4* OT we are no longer pursuing, but who seems to like us. I read where we now don't think he fits but if we end up with only 1 OT in this class we may really regret this. I know we want to go Portal route for OT but as my old grandmother used to say a Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. I really think this is more of a saving face move as once he visited Texas and they indirectly announced their NIL setup for O-Line we were out of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is scary to me that a legit 4* OT we are no longer pursuing, but who seems to like us. I read where we now don't think he fits but if we end up with only 1 OT in this class we may really regret this. I know we want to go Portal route for OT but as my old grandmother used to say a Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. I really think this is more of a saving face move as once he visited Texas and they indirectly announced their NIL setup for O-Line we were out of it.

I've decided not to think 'logically' when it comes to OL anymore.

It seems now from Gus tenure now into Harsin's that recruiting OL is not a normal process. We know we need OL, but now this coaching staff(if it is true what we are hearing), is talking about 'fit'.

So is that athletic fit, cultural fit, what gives? I just will wait until after the final signing period in February and hope we have quality lineman sigining and transferring from other colleges for a better OL.