Jump to content

Softball 2022 Schedule and Season Discussion


blakem
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think I saw somewhere the coaches were cross training Blaine at third in fall and winter. I’m not sure if it is a reality but would move Peralta to SS or 2B and open up DP for Lisenby or the hottest hitter. It might be an option. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





4 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

I think I saw somewhere the coaches were cross training Blaine at third in fall and winter. I’m not sure if it is a reality but would move Peralta to SS or 2B and open up DP for Lisenby or the hottest hitter. It might be an option. 

I like this if so.  Peralta has a strong arm so he may try to keep her on that left side, but the ground ball goes a little faster on that side of the infield it seems which has been her liability.  I'm sure Dean will figure something out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Sure wish we had this gem back.... Screenshot_20220329-205430_Chrome.jpg

 

 

Lexie is a fantastic human being, but it didn’t work out at Auburn. Do you know how many SEC wins she had at Auburn? I’ll give you a hint… it’s a single digit number that rhymes with “hero.”

Glad she got the win over Kentucky tonight and is having a great season. She deserves this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

I think I saw somewhere the coaches were cross training Blaine at third in fall and winter. I’m not sure if it is a reality but would move Peralta to SS or 2B and open up DP for Lisenby or the hottest hitter. It might be an option. 

I read where she was playing 1st somewhere but I haven’t seen anything about 3rd. Could be true tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't really see this coming.  Cox, Peralta, and Roach are all fielding in the mid-80s.  Peralta has 15 errors, and Cox has 7, which equals her total from all last year.  I think most of Peralta's came at short.  We have a game tonight vs. Ala. State, unless the storm front cancels it.  Will be interesting to see what Dean chooses to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, blakem said:

I read where she was playing 1st somewhere but I haven’t seen anything about 3rd. Could be true tho.

It is very possible I misread the article on where she was cross-training.

I’ll be interested to see how Dean shuffles the lineup tonight and the next few weekends. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

 

not saying exactly what happened but from what I gather in comments, she must have killed herself.  A lot of people hurting right now.  Sophomore catcher that actually just won player of the week. 

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Looks like coach Dean is beefing up the OOC schedule for next season.

B1EA2E35-2D4F-4DB4-9B78-267EE15C49F4.jpeg

0CD71E3F-CD34-475B-A90F-FCC07FBA3AD8.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blakem said:

Looks like coach Dean is beefing up the OOC schedule for next season.

B1EA2E35-2D4F-4DB4-9B78-267EE15C49F4.jpeg

0CD71E3F-CD34-475B-A90F-FCC07FBA3AD8.jpeg

Good to see but he did the big tourney at the early point of the year where we beat runner up Texas and played Washington and UCLA and someone else I forget.  So technically could be a step down from that lol.  Hopefully there are more coming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't judge at this point.  Clemson and Northwestern will be challenging, but UCLA/Texas at least equals those two.  This year we played Texas Tech, USF, and Wisconsin (not Washington).  The RPI of the teams coming to Auburn for those early invitationals needs to be better in 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I can't judge at this point.  Clemson and Northwestern will be challenging, but UCLA/Texas at least equals those two.  This year we played Texas Tech, USF, and Wisconsin (not Washington).  The RPI of the teams coming to Auburn for those early invitationals needs to be better in 2023.

Ehh Texas was not very good when we played them. They became a different team as the season went on but they definitely weren’t good in the beginning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not much argument.  They certainly weren't very good in that tournament, losing all 5 games.  Other than that, however, they were 21-4, including an opening game win over Clemson, 2 wins over Louisiana, and a 3-game sweep of LSU.  Two of their losses were to Alabama.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d say the Leadoff Classic will average out to about the same as the Clearwater tournament in terms of RPI. I also think we will need a few more signature out of conference opponents to increase our strength of schedule though. Typically Dean does not shy away from competition, so I imagine last year an anomaly to get the freshman comfortable with the college game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The at home schedule is critical and will definitely need to improve from Alabama State, Niagara, etc. I had rather see us play top notch competition and lose a close game to a FSU, Lafayette, etc. That is the best way to get better and learn how to win those close games. Of course.... I would also like to see CMD not run us out of innings by overly aggressive on the bases etc. A few times we had stupid aggressive base running errors etc. and then someone next up would hit a shot... if he was a little more patient... Hope we see more small ball as well.. slappers, etc.. JMO

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing the info...I'm really looking forward to strong action early in the schedule to boost RPI, but don't book your travel just yet. There's a dispute about Robocoach post announcing the Gulf Shores tournament.  According to another post in the thread (disclaimer: I can't vouch for its credibility), NFCA is holding it, but in Clearwater, which actually concurs with a rumor that I've heard. 

I think Auburn will be in NFCA Clearwater tournament, although nothing official has been issued.  This from the Robocoach board:

https://robocoach.discussion.community/post/2023-nfca-division-i-leadoff-classic-gulf-shores-alabama-12393910?pid=1332980432#:~:text=  %2311-,Good morning. My name is Joanna Lane and I am the,game schedule has not yet been released. Joanna Joanna%40nfca.org,-TamaleBoy

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2022 at 11:47 AM, RedDirtFan said:

Thanks for sharing the info...I'm really looking forward to strong action early in the schedule to boost RPI, but don't book your travel just yet. There's a dispute about Robocoach post announcing the Gulf Shores tournament.  According to another post in the thread (disclaimer: I can't vouch for its credibility), NFCA is holding it, but in Clearwater, which actually concurs with a rumor that I've heard. 

I think Auburn will be in NFCA Clearwater tournament, although nothing official has been issued.  This from the Robocoach board:

https://robocoach.discussion.community/post/2023-nfca-division-i-leadoff-classic-gulf-shores-alabama-12393910?pid=1332980432#:~:text=  %2311-,Good morning. My name is Joanna Lane and I am the,game schedule has not yet been released. Joanna Joanna%40nfca.org,-TamaleBoy

This is very weird.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any scoop on what will be going on as to Jane B. Moore complex during the Fall season that would keep AU from holding games onsite? I've heard all the Fall games will be on the road due to work to be going at at The Jane.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wmsau said:

Anyone have any scoop on what will be going on as to Jane B. Moore complex during the Fall season that would keep AU from holding games onsite? I've heard all the Fall games will be on the road due to work to be going at at The Jane.

No clue. I’ve been there all week at camp and no one has said a word.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...