Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

47 minutes ago, Taco said:

Fun fact.

Bryan Harsin blowing 20+ point leads to Mike Leach, a history

2017: Harsin’s Boise State blows a 31-10 4th quarter lead in 11 minutes, loses to Leach’s Wazzu 47-44 in 3OT

2021: Harsin’s Auburn takes a 28-3 lead, gives up 40 unanswered to Leach’s Mississippi State, loses 43-34

So Harsin should've learned something about Leach before today. That makes me so uneasy....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Which makes that call even more inexplicable, if there is such a thing.

Wouldn't be the first time Bo has downplayed injury because he wanted to be in the game. Bobo can't make that call from the booth. He's trusting what's being said by Bo and the training staff. There's a lot we don't know. 

• Dislike 1

I said this in the other thread and I will say it again.  This is much worse than the 2017 loss to LSU in Baton Rouge.  We had a larger lead, were playing at home and instead of a ranked LSU, we were playing an unranked MSU.  All the lipstick in the world can't hide how ugly it was.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

It slips away when you don’t think there is a snowball chance hell of a lose.   Momentum is a crazy thing.   Once they got it, they weren’t giving it back 

True momentum ebbs and flows. 40 unanswered points is an ass kicking.

• Like 1

I am watching the replay…I am wondering why we over think things on the offensive end? It seems like we went air raid ourselves early on in the second half 

Edited by DAG

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Of course it is. Let's not be hypocritical here.  Gus was criticized for being inexperienced....and the complaints were unending about Auburn having a coach in training and how it was unacceptable to make that kind of hire.  He had ups and downs and made spectacular mistakes because he still had a lot to learn while working in a pressure cooker. 

Harsin is in the very same position.....he's a coach in training and the Mountain West is no better than Gus being the OC in 2010 and the year at Arky State. The hope is that Harsin will learn faster....time will tell. But he is not prepared right now.

I'm not being hypocritical.  Year 5 with your own players vs Year 1 with someone else's players is a monster difference.

The LSU collapse happened in Year 5 for Gus.  No training at that point. 

• Like 2

Just now, AU9377 said:

I said this in the other thread and I will say it again.  This is much worse than the 2017 loss to LSU in Baton Rouge.  We had a larger lead, were playing at home and instead of a ranked LSU, we were playing an unranked MSU.  All the lipstick in the world can't hide how ugly it was.

No doubt. I was at the LSU game.

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Unfortunately. We can play with anyone if we are all mentally ready on game day. We just can't seem to make that happen. And against better teams, depth still gets us even if we do. So much to overcome. 

Agree. Emotion does wonders at times (see 1st half), but in the end it comes down to talent. Overall talent includes bench/depth as you elude. We don't have it, yet. At the end of the day we are likely a game ahead of the sticks. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

As much as I hate UGA, it's an outstanding education and really a no brainer unless 100k means nothing to you. 

I'd maybe try to push my kid to tech tho...for reasons. 😉

Through grandparents 529 and our own saving we'll probably be able to send our kid out of state, but if that can be saved for free grad school where you didn't have to work...it's just another advantage 

I know several kids that are at Southern Union establishing residency for that very reason.

I think it’s easy to blame Gus. But I really really think we need to understand that it was Harsin on the sideline and in the locker room today. 

The facts are, we were up 28-3. Our offensive and defensive scheme worked during that time. 

For whatever reason, we went from attacking the middle of the zone to throwing 3 yard hitch routes and running up the middle. 

And MissSt made adjustments to our defensive scheme. 

Harsin and his staff lost this game. I felt like our WRs played really well, and Bo did what was necessary to win the game. Blowing a 25 lead is nobody’s fault except for the people in charge, especially the head coach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It slips away when you don’t think there is a snowball chance hell of a lose.   Momentum is a crazy thing.   Once they got it, they weren’t giving it back 

Correction, we aren't mentally tough enough to take it back. We tend to spiral. That doesn't change quickly. That said, it's certainly not all on the players either. Just is what it is.

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

SIAP but..... this kinda stuff never, ever ends well

Didn’t age well at all. I hate when I players run their mouths. They never back it up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not being hypocritical.  Year 5 with your own players vs Year 1 with someone else's players is a monster difference.

We have a talent advantage over MSU, regardless of how some want to pretend that we do not. MSU has the air raid.  That is what keeps them in games, not superior talent.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would completely agree with you if we we had a recruiting class even in the mid teens.

Edited by AUwent

6 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Wouldn't be the first time Bo has downplayed injury because he wanted to be in the game. Bobo can't make that call from the booth. He's trusting what's being said by Bo and the training staff. There's a lot we don't know. 

I will just say this is about as lame ass post that I've ever seen on this forum. Whatever maroon. Every one in the stadium watched him limp.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Of course it is. Let's not be hypocritical here.  Gus was criticized for being inexperienced....and the complaints were unending about Auburn having a coach in training and how it was unacceptable to make that kind of hire.  He had ups and downs and made spectacular mistakes because he still had a lot to learn while working in a pressure cooker. 

Harsin is in the very same position.....he's a coach in training and the Mountain West is no better than Gus being the OC in 2010 and the year at Arky State. The hope is that Harsin will learn faster....time will tell. But he is not prepared right now.

No excuse for today. I think he needs a chance to get his players in, especially on offense. We are very poor at line, receiver, and Qb. I don't see how Gus doesn't deserve blame there, as he was the one in charge of recruiting and development. Harsin will bring in his guys. Hopefully for everyones sake they develop, but if not, he'll be fired and we'll hope the next coach can turn it around

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Correction, we aren't mentally tough enough to take it back. We tend to spiral. That doesn't change quickly. That said, it's certainly not all on the players either. Just is what it is.

Oh, I didn’t mean to imply that it was all on the players.   The coaching today, starting in the second half, was terrible. I can’t stress terrible enough 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

So Harsin should've learned something about Leach before today. That makes me so uneasy....

Personally. I don’t think Harsin is the coach we want him to be. Seeing how Boise fans saw him and some of the stuff I’ve seen this year I am a little more cautious of my hopes for him. 

But yes he has been known to be out-schemed by coaches out in the west during his tenure there. 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I would completely agree with you if we we had a recruiting class even in the mid teens.

Well the top 10 classes under Gus sure have produced a team of great players huh. Doesn't matter how great your class number is when you recruit no lineman, no depth, and miss on every QB and almost every 5 star you get. I bet if you re-ranked classes the last 5 classes would be in the 20's. The staff needs to develop, develop, develop

1 hour ago, au302 said:

We know at this point that Bo is not the guy of the future. TJ probably isn't either. I also have a bad feeling that DD doesn't fit this staff. However, TJ and DD should get some chances down the stretch so that we can see what we got. Run off two of these QB's. Bring in Geriner and a transfer and pray one can start

Not going to happen. Bo will finish out this year.  He will be the qb next year. Hopefully his successor whether DD or another will be made ready.  I am not optimistic. Even if Daniels entered the portal I don’t think we would pursue him. 

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Oh, I didn’t mean to imply that it was all on the players.   The coaching today, starting in the second half, was terrible. I can’t stress terrible enough 

I'm not saying that you were. Just making sure people don't say I'm making excuses for the staff. Multiple things can be true at once.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

From what I recall, Washington State, coached by the same Leach, came to Auburn in 2013. 

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Personally. I don’t think Harsin is the coach we want him to be. Seeing how Boise fans saw him and some of the stuff I’ve seen this year I am a little more cautious of my hopes for him. 

But yes he has been known to be out-schemed by coaches out in the west during his tenure there. 

The decisions to fake punt and going for two are very concerning. 

• Like 1