Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

or is it not funny anymore?

Hasn't been funny in a long time. Returns and return coverage have been bad for a long time. We've had the luxury of great FG kickers and good hang time punters which have covered up a lot of it. Punt bama punt was a long time ago.

45 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I am on the Harsin bandwagon for at least 3 years. I think the Great Little Nickie went 6-6 his first year.  I do not like Mason after today. Any coach that is getting run over with his defense and refuses to make adjustments needs to go. I like Bobo's basic offensive philosophy until we get inside the 20, then seems like he makes bone Headed play calls. Our O Line is slightly better than last year, but is still slightly better Trash.

And for the love, Bo has heart, but I believe he has hit his ceiling. He just can't control his motor and just when you think his mechanics are fixed, he resorts back to bad habits when he gets flustered. If he is our starting QB in 2022 you will see a grown man cry.   

I personally want to give BH 2 more years to right the ship, then reevaluate. 

Little Nicky went 6-6 his first year because there were serious locker room issues.....drugs and other shenanigans. bammer had been in a nose dive for a while because they had coaching upheaval and probation before the little gnome got there. He had the help of the REC when he was rebuilding and no one else in college football has ever had that luxury.  Auburn's situation is hardly the same. I really dislike that comparison because it is so inaccurate and has no relevance to Auburn today. I would say it was more comparable to when Gus took over after the 4 arrests and all that went on with that fiasco. The team was in disarray. Gus walked in to as much of a mess as the nickster did. That's the real history...not the re-write.

Harsin did NOT face anything like that.....not even close.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Of course it is. Let's not be hypocritical here.  Gus was criticized for being inexperienced....and the complaints were unending about Auburn having a coach in training and how it was unacceptable to make that kind of hire.  He had ups and downs and made spectacular mistakes because he still had a lot to learn while working in a pressure cooker. 

Harsin is in the very same position.....he's a coach in training and the Mountain West is no better than Gus being the OC in 2010 and the year at Arky State. The hope is that Harsin will learn faster....time will tell. But he is not prepared right now.

harsin is not the type to air his dirty laundry so to speak. and time will tell. harsin cannot fire every single coach he has right? lets see what he does after the season is over along with december when most recruits sign now. unless he is scheming stuff like a three man line to keep players fresherbecause we have no quality depth  i expect him to make some changes on the staff. and again, if he is not running some weird schemes to get us through games then there are some changes that need to be made with coaching. harsin seems like a smart guy so there has to be some kind of reason he is letting things go on like they are instead of preaching tech and fundamentals. i have read on other boards that harsin is really hard to work for. if this is true plus he is still learning we might be in trouble. when he took the arky state job i believe he struggled to win 7 games. i am just thinking out loud and reserve the right to change my mind.

3 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Yeah...I mean EXACTLY like Bo.  Was he trying to be like Bo, or are they being taught this crap?

He was thrown into an impossible situation. 

That's not TJ's fault, that's on Harsin/Bobo.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

harsin is not the type to air his dirty laundry so to speak. and time will tell. harsin cannot fire every single coach he has right? lets see what he does after the season is over along with december when most recruits sign now. unless he is scheming stuff like a three man line to keep players fresherbecause we have no quality depth  i expect him to make some changes on the staff. and again, if he is not running some weird schemes to get us through games then there are some changes that need to be made with coaching. harsin seems like a smart guy so there has to be some kind of reason he is letting things go on like they are instead of preaching tech and fundamentals. i have read on other boards that harsin is really hard to work for. if this is true plus he is still learning we might be in trouble. when he took the arky state job i believe he struggled to win 7 games. i am just thinking out loud and reserve the right to change my mind.

I get the feeling that the team doesn't feel very connected to him. I can see him being difficult to work for and that does not surprise me at all. He just has that vibe.....

• Like 1

3 things: Harsin made some terrible decisions today and it was truly eye opening in a bad way. He has a lot of work to do.
Also Gus was freaking terrible and he needed to go.

We need to stop comparing Harsin to Saban. 

• Like 1

Just now, homersapien said:

He was thrown into an impossible situation. 

That's not TJ's fault, that's on Harsin/Bobo.

Well....the back up often goes in when the situation is not the best.....injury or poor play.  That's just the nature of the job sometimes. Baptism by fire.

2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

I will just say this is about as lame ass post that I've ever seen on this forum. Whatever maroon. Every one in the stadium watched him limp.

can bobo make the call to pull bo out? if the other guys suck and dd is not ready harsin has to play who gives him the best chance to win if it does not cause a serious threat to bo's health tho right? just thought i would throw another angle at you. i am certainly no coach and just making a guess from this mess.

Edited by aubiefifty

Just now, gr82b4au said:

3 things: Harsin made some terrible decisions today and it was truly eye opening in a bad way. He has a lot of work to do.
Also Gus was freaking terrible and he needed to go.

We need to stop comparing Harsin to Saban. 

I think most people know that a change was needed. 

That has nothing to do with correcting actual the history of the nickster's start at bammer. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I get the feeling that the team doesn't feel very connected to him. I can see him being difficult to work for and that does not surprise me at all

Then you missed the post game locker room celebrations after LSU, Arky, and OM. They were plenty connected to him then. And he is difficult to work for. So is every great military and corporate leader I’ve worked for in my career. Ask former AU players if Coach Dye was easy to work or play for. Today was a step back in a foundational year, no question. But it’s fair to give him time to set his culture and roster. Then we can judge him.

• Like 1

So who is gonna get fired first BoBo or Mason? Also if either gets fired I really hope we go out and actually get some good coordinators and not good ol boys that Harsin knows cause if he does that he definitely won't be here very long. Eff BOBO especially right now Im so sick of him and his s***ty playcalling he needs to be fired tonight IMO.  He was brought on for recruiting and not doing a very good job of it so... Please just fire his ass. 

You don't have to agree honestly I don't care either way I'm just so freaking pissed that we lost the way we did and to top it off it was against freaking MSST I'm just done with this s***ty offense. 

Edited by autiger88

As 1 poster said earlier, I'm not jumping ship after 1 game in Harsin's 1st season. But I am now concerned that the guy now piloting the ship may not know how to right it. I hope he does, but I'm not nearly as hopeful as I was 2 weeks ago. We had a really good October, very encouraging, which allowed us to play 2 important games the 1st 2 weeks in Nov., & we crapped the bed in both of those games. The 2nd even worse than the 1st. There's just no way to sugarcoat blowing the biggest lead in our history, & doing it at home. And personally, I need to hear more from Harsin than harping on being consistent & preparing "each & every day" again. Because apparently that approach isn't working so well. I need to hear more than "I thought we started well but didn't finish." Thank you Coach Obvious! I don't want him to call players or coaches out or anything like that. But I'd like him to show that he's upset. I'd like him to say that he's embarrassed to now own the Auburn record for a blown lead. I'd like him to say that he's going to look into what we're doing at halftime because we've come out poorly in the 2nd half in several games. I'd like him to show that he knows Auburn people care so much & therefore are really down & disappointed after a loss like this one. I want him to be the right guy, I really do. But today just did a number on my confidence that he is. I hope he can persuade me otherwise.

Edited by TigerTennis80

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think most people know that a change was needed. 

That has nothing to do with correcting actual the history of the nickster's start at bammer. 

I don’t care anything about that. I am not getting into your conversation with others where you are defending Gus. 

All I care about the fact that Harsin went for 2 after that TD when we still needed another TD. That is a rookie Coaching move and it is very troubling to me. So many things are bad. 

I don't recall seeing Bo pull down the ball and take any intentional runs today, early or late- in many moments where he would've gashed them. So when exactly was he hurt?

O-line + CDM need to GTFO

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

I don't recall seeing Bo pull down the ball and take any intentional runs today, early or late- in many moments where he would've gashed them. So when exactly was he hurt?

I remember one in the first half for around 5 but that’s it.  Are we thinking he was hurt before today 

44 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Little Nicky went 6-6 his first year because there were serious locker room issues.....drugs and other shenanigans. bammer had been in a nose dive for a while because they had coaching upheaval and probation before the little gnome got there. He had the help of the REC when he was rebuilding and no one else in college football has ever had that luxury.  Auburn's situation is hardly the same. I really dislike that comparison because it is so inaccurate and has no relevance to Auburn today. I would say it was more comparable to when Gus took over after the 4 arrests and all that went on with that fiasco. The team was in disarray. Gus walked in to as much of a mess as the nickster did. That's the real history...not the re-write.

Harsin did NOT face anything like that.....not even close.

Sorry you don't like my comparison.

I disagree with yours also.

23 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I get the feeling that the team doesn't feel very connected to him. I can see him being difficult to work for and that does not surprise me at all. He just has that vibe.....

i have no idea. i know the video's after a big win in the locker room with harsin and the team both celebrating make it look like free love at woodstock.  lol  anyway we have harsin for another two years i imagine so i will get behind him like i did gus. i have loved some auburn coaches but at the end of the day a coach does not really dictate my love for auburn. i just love auburn for auburn. and i will pull for auburn no matter how bad we look. it is a very special and sacred place for me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Refs are trash    Did anyone else catch the clock continuing to run after Hudson's catch to the sideline for a first down with like 4:30 left. 

Thank God for that, or they’d have scored 50..

15 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I thought it was on the long throw away.

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

can bobo make the call to pull bo out? if the other guys suck and dd is not ready harsin has to play who gives him the best chance to win if it does not cause a serious threat to bo's health tho right? just thought i would throw another angle at you. i am certainly no coach and just making a guess from this mess.

I was only making the point that he was trying to blame the stupid 2pt conversion on Bo bcause he supposedly lied about being hurt. Total idiotic assumption and and an extreme lame attempt to blame a player for a coach's dumbassery. No player worth his mettle is just gonna take himself out if he thinks he can play.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have read on other boards that harsin is really hard to work for.

No idea if this is true or not, but it raises the question: if he’s so hard to work for why did so many of his assistants and off field staff move from Boise to follow him? And some of the on field staff took lesser roles at AU to remain with him.