Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The Ole Miss game is just pissing me off more.  We'd be back in control of our destiny if we finished the job today.

Yup. Now we can only hope to keep the wheels from coming off and playing spoilers. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Being difficult is not an asset like you think..

I’m not sure anyone outside of that locker room knows for sure how the players and his staff feel about him. But if he is so difficult why did most of his coaching staff and almost all of his support staff willingly relocated their families from Boise to AU? The cultures and geography couldn’t be more different but yet they eagerly came.  With many of them stepping into lesser roles. Today was ugly but it was coached by the same guy who beat LSU and Arky in the road and toppled a top 10 Ole Miss team. I share everyone’s frustration over today but I didn’t indict Harsin’s likability after the wins and I’m not going to do it after this loss. Let’s close strong and win a bowl game for a change. 

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well some say leach is the best O guy in the country. shrugs. it is year one. it is still hard but i am thinking at least we did not lose to mullins today which would have made me lose it. i cannot stand that lying sack of garbage or his wife. they smeared cam and i have not forgotten.

Karma seems to have finally gotten around to paying him a visit.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m not sure anyone outside of that locker room knows for sure how the players and his staff feel about him. But if he is so difficult why did most of his coaching staff and almost all of his support staff willingly relocated their families from Boise to AU? The cultures and geography couldn’t be more different but yet they eagerly came.  With many of them stepping into lesser roles. Today was ugly but it was coached by the same guy who beat LSU and Arky in the road and toppled a top 10 Ole Miss team. I share everyone’s frustration over today but I didn’t indict Harsin’s likability after the wins and I’m not going to do it after this loss. Let’s close strong and win a bowl game for a change. 

Increasing your salary by 4 X is a great motivator.  Seriously though, anyone that wants to further their career wants to coach at a high profile place like Auburn. The ceiling at Boise is the roof.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Karma seems to finally have gotten around to paying him a visit.

i want more. much much more. i want him to get fired and exposed for any cheating he did.

That was a disgrace, I cannot believe we led by that much and choked it away. Mason should have to answer for this, first year and all or not. This was historically bad. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Karma seems to finally have gotten around to paying him a visit.

And how beautiful it is. 

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

That was a disgrace, I cannot believe we led by that much and choked it away. Mason should have to answer for this, first year and all or not. This was historically bad. 

As smart as he is, he hasn’t figured out rushing 3 guys at @800 total pounds into 5 guys @1600 pounds over and over will limit your chances to limit a QB. So frustrating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Then you missed the post game locker room celebrations after LSU, Arky, and OM. They were plenty connected to him then. And he is difficult to work for. So is every great military and corporate leader I’ve worked for in my career. Ask former AU players if Coach Dye was easy to work or play for. Today was a step back in a foundational year, no question. But it’s fair to give him time to set his culture and roster. Then we can judge him.

There is a difference between being difficult in terms of expectations and work ethic and being difficult as in putting people off and being difficult to relate to or respect on a personal level.  The latter uses fear of consequences as their primary motivational tool. The former uses the conscience of those that he leads and their desire to not disappoint the man they respect.   I have had to work for and play for men that were incredibly demanding. The type men than can be difficult and actually get results are the type that know how to convey their expectations in a way that impresses upon those that they lead a sense of duty and responsibility.  I have never known a leader that ruled by fear alone that was able to attain any level of success, much less sustain it.  However, when a leader has the respect of the men he leads, the motivation becomes a fear of disappointing him and losing his respect.  That kind of motivation goes much farther than fearing ridicule.  When you want the respect of the one that leads you, you will lay it all on the line. 

This is Harsin’s first “bad” loss of the season. Yes all losses are bad, but by bad I mean inexcusable.

It happens to all coaches/teams 

I’m more interested in how we respond the next two weeks than today’s loss.

17 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Auburn already has a poor pass rush. But to compound the situation Mason, for the most part, only rushed three. After seeing how ineffective it was, he kept doing it.:dunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

So, Gus "restored" Auburns place in the SEC.. hmmm..  sadly comical was Gus's record on the road vs the rest of the SEC. So Gus supporters revising what all he did for Aubie. He won early with Chizik's recruits. He couldn't coach up what he recruited and now the leftovers remain.

I support Auburn, just so we are clear on that.  Unless you weren't born in 2012 - 2013, you know what saving our ass looks like.  I don't make comments with the intent of it sounding like someone praising Gus.  I simply get tired of some people having incredibly short memories or ignoring facts for the sake of rewriting a narrative to fit their current need to moan and blame.

Just a reminder... The SEC West, since 2013, has been won 2 times by Auburn, 1 time by LSU and the rest by bama.  The only active coach in the country with 3 wins against Saban is Gus.  That doesn't mean that it wasn't time for Auburn to make a change.  It does mean that the man wasn't an idiot and when Auburn people whine and act like there was no success over the past 8 years, it only makes us look bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

those are great points i had not considered. sometimes being hard to work for is not a bad thing if you are not mistreating anyone. i have high hopes for harsin and altho i am baffled about today we do not know all the reasons and he is going to say very little. but this is his first year and i expect much better down the road. and i want him to learn from his mistakes if and when he makes them. the man left a cushy job to come down here for a chance to compete for natty's and that part i did notice. i believe on the auburn board on the rant some sports writer just gave him hell but a lot of it seemed off. but for the record i am a harsin guy.

That’s a very fair and balanced assessment. Today was a head scratcher on many fronts. The first half was such a statement in the way he had us prepared after last weeks loss. Then came the second half and  there are not words to describe how the wheels fell off. It was a blend of poor coaching, some holes in our roster (no speed rusher and passive O-linemen), and culture(too many upper-classmen talking trash and pointing fingers at each other) let’s hope for a big rebound next week and get ready for a competitive Iron Bowl. 

37 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Auburn already has a poor pass rush. But to compound the situation Mason, for the most part, only rushed three. After seeing how ineffective it was, he kept doing it.:dunno:

Here's the thing about Mason: he's the same as Gus, in that they both developed a scheme that was cutting edge (Gus with the HUNH and Mason D to stop Chip Kelly's HUNH). And, like Gus, he has not continued to develop. Other coaches have iterated and developed counters to those counters, but neither Gus or Mason seem to have moved on with the times. 

Bend but don't break is all well and good but it is inherently a gamble. He had absolutely no answers today.

In fact neither OC nor DC seem to have the ability to counterpunch. Things looked great on offense but when MSST adjusted, Bobo just started guessing. You saw it last week too. No plan, just throwing it against the wall to see what sticks. No imagination, no overall strategy, just hope. 

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

That’s what I don’t understand.  It’s not working so let’s keep on doing it.  We gonna rush 3 and we don’t care how long he stands back there picking us apart.  

• Like 1

What the hell happened? It was 3-28 when I had to duck out. Unreal. First year Coach and all but 3-28 with our defense playing pretty well. Don’t get it. 

Just a very deflating loss.

We have the talent to play well with teams like LSU, Ole Miss, and Penn State, but then we also almost lose to GA State, and then have a historic blown lead to a team that is supposedly one of the less talented teams in the SEC.

Harsin is having a very inconsistent first year where we are flip flopping from good to terrible on a week to week basis. I don't really know what to make of it.

Edited by CoffeeTiger

Can't win for losing...would've been perfectly fine winning out and possibly even losing the iron bowl but not losing to this team in the worst way possible with very important recruits watching! I don't even know how to feel about the future now..Im so tired of this BS man. I'm not even surprised anymore..been that way for years. 

11 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Can't win for losing...would've been perfectly fine winning out and possibly even losing the iron bowl but not losing to this team in the worst way possible with very important recruits watching! I don't even know how to feel about the future now..Im so tired of this BS man. I'm not even surprised anymore..been that way for years. 

This team was not going to beat UGA like people fell for two weeks ago , nor are we ready to beat Bama. With that being said this loss was unacceptable. The inconsistency from this coaching staff is just off putting. It feels like everyone is on different wave lengths . 

First year coaches. If you thought this season was going to be great, you really fooled yourself.

We definitely need more Jimmy’s and Joe’s.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This team was not going to beat UGA like people fell for two weeks ago , nor are we ready to beat Bama. With that being said this loss was unacceptable. The inconsistency from this coaching staff is just off putting. It feels like everyone is on different wave lengths . 

I only thought we maybe would've won the iron bowl because it's at home and this being one of the weaker Bama teams in recent memory. This team itself looks so defeated plus Bo might have a broken ankle.. We were supposed to be over this stuff. In the same year where we defy history and beat LSU at the stick we also have one of, if not THE, worst loss in history. Biggest comeback in Miss st history. JABA just seems like something this program can't shake.

• Like 1

Just now, WFE12 said:

I only thought we maybe would've won the iron bowl because it's at home and this being one of the weaker Bama teams in recent memory. This team itself looks so defeated plus Bo might have a broken ankle.. We were supposed to be over this stuff. In the same year where we defy history and beat LSU at the stick we also have one of, if not THE, worst loss in history. Biggest comeback in Miss st history. JABA just seems like something this program can't shake.

It’s disgusting . We had no business loading this game. I am still baffled 

Hm. Some troubling injury rumors coming around the bend late this evening. I won't spread them, but there's chatter on Twitter, you can go see for yourself if you're interested. Bout to get even harder from here on out, if true.

Interesting rules conundrum...I know we don't post rumors...but can we post rumors of rumors?