Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

We have definitely overachieved this year, IMO. The fact that we could have been in the mix for the west, maybe made everyone expect more.

I don’t believe this. Outside of the win against a beat up Ole Miss I’m not sure where we really overachieved. I’d argue Gus & Co would have us at the same spot. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Saban blew a 24 pt lead once too.

Coaches were crap today, but I'm not jumping off the ship because of today.

To a team that won the National Championship, not Mississippi State. Nice try

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He played the first half well but played the second half terrible even Before he got hurt. Remember there were some great one handed catches in the first half that made Bo look better. There is plenty bad to go around. Line as bad on both sides, runners weren’t looking up when they ran. Three rushing a WB like Rogers was just insanity on Mason’s part and on Harsin’s part for allowing it. Our DBs couldn’t cover molasses if it was freezing outside. We can’t tackle, we cant catch and we sure don’t have any quality coaches. 6-6 and maybe no bowl. About the worst 1st year for a coach at AU in a long time. Greene needs to see if he can get a refund on the coaches. 🤔

I can’t explain the complete tackling breakdown or the defensive coaching breakdown by only rushing 3 the entire game.  I can explain the offensive failure.  Gus - 90%.  His failure and refusal to recruit quality Offensive Linemen is why we are where we are offensively.  His failure to coach up his QBs and WRs is why we are where we are offensively.  His failure to hire quality, experienced coaches is why we are where we are offensively.  
Unfortunately, Harsin does not have the recruiters needed to compete in the SEC nor does he have the experience in recruiting the 5*s needed to compete in the SEC.   I have faith he will figure it out but will he have enough time to get it done?

• Like 1

Just now, tigers23 said:

To a team that won the National Championship, not Mississippi State. Nice try

Doesn't matter.  Point remains that even great coaches crap the bed sometimes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Its not the same situation.  Gus was blowing 20 pt leads at LSU in year 5 of his tenure with a bunch of dudes he recruited.  This is game 10 for Harsin with a bunch of dudes he didn't recruit.

Harsin did some baffling stuff today (not kicking the extra point, the stupid onside kick, and the awful fake punt).  He needs to be held accountable because today is inexcusable.  But it ain't the same thing.

I agree it’s not the same. But I think this loss was still a bad look for Harsin & Co. I really don’t believe Mississippi has more talent or anything then us. Just they out schemed us and played better than us. 

oh and we 💩💩 the bed. 

6 minutes ago, Taco said:

I don’t believe this. Outside of the win against a beat up Ole Miss I’m not sure where we really overachieved. I’d argue Gus & Co would have us at the same spot. 

We def wouldn't  be any better off. And frustrations may be even higher. And bad attitudes and behaviors would be escalating. The change was unfortunately necessary. We will see in time if it pays off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

I'm not angry that we'll likely finish 6-6 in itself. Many people were just hoping for bowl eligibility pre-season, so we have met that goal. It's how our recruiting is in addition to that.

1 minute ago, Taco said:

I agree it’s not the same. But I think this loss was still a bad look for Harsin & Co. I really don’t believe Mississippi has more talent or anything then us. Just they out schemed us and played better than us. 

oh and we 💩💩 the bed. 

100% and you will get zero argument from me there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I guarantee you they have more depth than Auburn, at this point. WE also lacked one of our best linebackers. 

That’s all excuses Auburn was up 28-3 at home and was the ranked team. Even with the departures Auburn has equal if not more talent than Mississippi State. 

• Like 3

Just now, AUwent said:

I'm not angry that we'll likely finish 6-6 in itself. Many people were just hoping for bowl eligibility pre-season, so we have met that goal. It's how our recruiting is in addition to that.

Yeah I’m actually content with the 6-6 I just got my hopes up after Arkansas and Ole Miss. Penn State I felt like was a game we should have won as well. 

I am concerned about his recruiting. Guess we’ll sit and watch. 

I have been to 100’s of Auburn games and I think this may be the worst- especially at home- I put this total collapse on the coaches- no halftime adjustments- stupid play calls like the onside kick and running up the middle on 1st and 2nd down in the 3rd quarter and having to try to throw on 3rd and long. And then no pressure on the qb and staying in a soft zone while you are getting picked apart. It was awful all around from a coaching standpoint.

• Like 1

I mean let's be real losing to one of the Mississippi teams is always bad. No sugar coating. But we can discuss why we lost. I mean if people don't want to discuss stuff why would they be in a forum?

• Like 1

No reason to blame the players.. 100% on the coaches.. 

1. When Nix got hurt.. should have put in TJ.. When Nix can’t run and move around he is ineffective. And since you didn’t put TJ in why in the world are we calling plays that requires our hurt qb to roll out of the pocket.. ridiculous. 
2. I have no idea how anyone can say anything about TJ.. the man had 3 plays? The game was lost. 
3. the defensive game plan worked ok in the first half but I didn’t see many adjustments in the 2nd half and MSU made adjustments we didn’t. 100% coaching.. 

I feel like the coaching didn’t even give the players the chance to succeed. 
I do not think officiating lost the game for us but good lord they made several bad calls.. it seems they were calling PI on us but not them.. saw them holding receivers several times.. no flag.. 

we didn’t do ourselves any favors and I am not even mad at the players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A game ahead of where I predicted we'd be this season. No real surprises given talent. #realistic

• Like 1

I am going to have to put this loss worse than the Gus LSU game. 40 unanswered points at home is just unacceptable. How is that even possible ? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s all excuses Auburn was up 28-3 at home and was the ranked team. Even with the departures Auburn has equal if not more talent than Mississippi State. 

Maybe in a few positions, this would be true, but not depth wise. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I mean let's be real losing to one of the Mississippi teams is always bad. No sugar coating. But we can discuss why we lost. I mean if people don't want to discuss stuff why would they be in a forum?

I just don’t agree with its Gus fault or we lack depth. Auburn got up and collapsed is inexcusable. I could see is this was Georgia or Bama but this was Mississippi State

Regardless of the 28-3 I always thought was going to be a track meet. The defense has issues, but the crazy up and downs of the offense is literally bipolar. 

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

No reason to blame the players.. 100% on the coaches.. 

1. When Nix got hurt.. should have put in TJ.. When Nix can’t run and move around he is ineffective. And since you didn’t put TJ in why in the world are we calling plays that requires our hurt qb to roll out of the pocket.. ridiculous. 
2. I have no idea how anyone can say anything about TJ.. the man had 3 plays? The game was lost. 
3. the defensive game plan worked ok in the first half but I didn’t see many adjustments in the 2nd half and MSU made adjustments we didn’t. 100% coaching.. 

I feel like the coaching didn’t even give the players the chance to succeed. 
I do not think officiating lost the game for us but good lord they made several bad calls.. it seems they were calling PI on us but not them.. saw them holding receivers several times.. no flag.. 

we didn’t do ourselves any favors and I am not even mad at the players. 

I am, a little, for the bad tackling and bad angles and some bad coverage. Also the OL was just getting abused but I think we're used to that. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

I am going to have to put this loss worse than the Gus LSU game. 40 unanswered points at home is just unacceptable. How is that even possible ? 

U have to watch it bro. U might be able to remain a lot more calm than most of us

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I just don’t agree with its Gus fault or we lack depth. Auburn got up and collapsed is inexcusable. I could see is this was Georgia or Bama but this was Mississippi State

That is okay. Believe what you want. I think you are pushing to get everyone to agree with you, which they won't.