Bo Nix reportedly out for this week’s game

aubiefifty

Bo Nix reportedly out for this week’s South Carolina game; TJ Finley to start

Keith Farner | 3 hours ago
1 minute

Bo Nix suffered a serious injury on Saturday against Mississippi State, according to a report that said he will not play this week against South Carolina.

The Auburn quarterback was 27-for-41 passing on Saturday in the 43-34 loss with 2 touchdowns. It is not immediately clear how long Nix may be out, but the Tigers face Alabama next week.

TJ Finley will reportedly replace Nix for the game against the Gamecocks after he did in the third quarter against Mississippi State following a long pass to Ja’Varrius Johnson.

A source close to the Nix family confirmed to me that Bo Nix broke his ankle against Mississippi State last night.

It appears Auburn will come to Williams-Brice next week without it’s starting QB. Expect TJ Finley to be under center for the Tigers against the Gamecocks

— Cam Gaskins (@CamGaskinsTV) November 14, 2021

Guest MustardSeed

Well I hate it for Bo. But next man up. This will at least let us know what TJ really has. He has an opportunity and has to make the best of it. Sounds like it’s him or DD for bama. This is why he came here. It’s now or never.  Let’s see what he’s got 

6 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Not behind that line…

6 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Not behind that line…

Finley has cement blocks for feet and defensive coordinators know that. Be coming with pressure on him the entire game. Davis would give Auburn some options in the running game.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Harsin and Bobo should go with Davis the rest of the season.

I hope DD is the backup at least. I'm sure most will say....duh he's the back up but who knows. Harsin may not want to risk it with him and his future. But I'd love to see what he can do considering we're past the point in the season where he'd be at risk losing his redshirt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I appreciate Nix and wish him 💯 the best recovery. 

team we got two games left 

Get behind TJ and DD and fight like hell.

the next two games can be won by AU. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Confirmed by Nix himself

Screenshot_20211114-195123.png

That’s a respectable response by Bo. What I’m most impressed with by him lately is his maturing. He’s not a full grown man, but he’s certainly grown up a good bit since the new staff arrived. There are certainly some unpleasant growing pains occurring but I take this as a good sign

So I’d definitely let TJ be the guy but I’d find a way to get DD some playing time. There’s no reason at all from him not to play, even a little. He can still redshirt so there’s no downside I can see. The season is what it is at this point. Good luck to both Bo and TJ. We need to get behind all these guys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I admire Bo for his toughness in staying in the game and competing until (almost) the end. I do think he should have been pulled earlier in the game, it seemed obvious he was playing hurt. I look forward to seeing what Finley can do with this offense. I hope Harsin pulls out all the stops against SC and Bama because we have nothing to lose at this point.

47 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Not behind that line…

With whats coming after this year, this may be the best line Davis sees while at Auburn.

• Facepalm 1

TJ showed me a lot against Ga. State.  Without him, we'd be in a much worse place than we are.  He just needs receiver separation and a little bit of time to throw the ball. 

I'd be planning on scheming for blitzes this week in practice.