Anders Carlson Update

RunInRed

Kicker Anders Carlson sustained an injury during Auburn’s loss to Mississippi State and will be out this weekend against South Carolina, and potentially longer, a source confirmed to AL.com.

It was unclear Sunday evening the extent of Carlson’s injury or how long he will be out, according to the source. Carlson injured his leg late in the fourth quarter of the Tigers’ 43-34 loss while attempting to recover an onside kick following Auburn’s final touchdown.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/11/auburn-kicker-anders-carlson-out-with-leg-injury.html

• Sad 1

• RunInRed changed the title to Anders Carlson Update
5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Who is our backup Kicker in this scenario? 

With Carlson sidelined, Auburn will likely turn to Ben Patton at kicker. The sophomore has been Carlson’s backup on the depth chart throughout the season. He has not attempted a field goal in his Auburn career but has connected on three extra-point tries.

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Why were you derogatory towards Watts?

Have you noticed the decline in everything special teams not named Chapman? I honestly can't tell any positive impact he's had on his position group AND he's done absolutely nothing on the recruiting trail. 

Just saying...

Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Have you noticed the decline in everything special teams not named Chapman? I honestly can't tell any positive impact he's had on his position group AND he's done absolutely nothing on the recruiting trail. 

Just saying...

I said this 2 weeks ago - special teams have regressed big-time this year. Penalties & place kicking are the most obvious to me. 

• Like 1

That’s it!  I’ve had it with this dump!

Bo is out for the season, Carlson is out for the season, and our pets heads are falling off!

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

Sucks for Anders.  Another reason to kick the PAT.   Went for 2, didn’t get it, forced us to try onside kick at that point and bam—-kicker knee gets walloped.  Awful all the way around 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I said this 2 weeks ago - special teams have regressed big-time this year. Penalties & place kicking are the most obvious to me. 

I recognize that special teams is a group effort among many different coaches and staff assistants, but it's been one issue after another all season on ST.

Watts is the supposedly the general in charge of it all and he's certainly in Harsin's ear during games so he gets all the blame from me.

Plus, we can't afford to fall too much further behind in recruiting. The state of Florida is prime for the picking. Gimme a replacement with strong Sunshine state inroads if it's my choice.

• Like 2

Just now, TigerPAC said:

Sucks for Anders.  Another reason to kick the PAT.   Went for 2, didn’t get it, forced us to try onside kick at that point and bam—-kicker knee gets walloped.  Awful all the way around 

THAT and it was a poorly designed and executed onside attempt at that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good thing is there is not enough games left to burn any redshirts. Like DD for example,  at least make some packages for him. Has this staff utilized the 4 game rule at all? Or are those red shirting not playing at all? 

13 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

THAT and it was a poorly designed and executed onside attempt at that. 

Byrum perfected that design.

We've blocked some kicks/punts this year right?

KO returns have been decent except for there's always holding/block in the back which negates it.

Punt returns have been bad for a long time.

But yeah, I'd be happy to just not have anything bad happen to us on special teams at this point.

43 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Byrum perfected that design.

We've blocked some kicks/punts this year right?

KO returns have been decent except for there's always holding/block in the back which negates it.

Punt returns have been bad for a long time.

But yeah, I'd be happy to just not have anything bad happen to us on special teams at this point.

IIRC there's been rule changes since Byrum left that made that style onsides kick harder to execute, especially when the opponent is expecting it.

• Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
15 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

AND he's done absolutely nothing on the recruiting trail. 

#1 kicker in the country committed. Not sure who his lead recruiter is but he is certainly ST…

14 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Or just attempt to put pressure on the QB instead of letting Will Rogers build a condo back there and work all day. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I didn't agree with you then but I do now. 

• Like 2