Next Man Up: Big Uno Edition

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Alright TJ fans, what do we see out of your boy these next few weeks?

3BA486FA-B2F4-474D-8EDE-03A81A40D436.jpeg

Hopefully the O-line blocks like they did in the 1st half of the State game and not the 2nd half.  

• Like 4

TJ fans? I hope everyone is behind him. I'm hoping the big man lights it up. I expect him to do well. Not super star, just stretch the field. I'm not any one quarterbacks fan. Just find a guy that can fit this offense and execute it well. If TJ does great, awesome. If he doesn't, next man up until we find our guy

• Like 8

Hopefully this will lead to a renewed focus on the running game. There's been festering issues all season hindering our rush offense and contrary to popular opinion, it's not all the fault of the OL. 

I think TJ can get it done, but just like Bo, he's going to need the guys around him to step it up a notch. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Hopefully this will lead to a renewed focus on the running game. There's been festering issues all season hindering our rush offense and contrary to popular opinion, it's not all the fault of the OL. 

I think TJ can get it done, but just like Bo, he's going to need the guys around him to step it up a notch. 

I could see with TJ us going under center a lot more. Play-action and feed it to the two beasts. Kid has a canon so it's pretty exciting to think of him off play action. Hopefully like Ga. State we see Capers and Canion get some run with him since they run with him at practice. We'll see

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Hopefully the O-line blocks like they did in the 1st half of the State game and not the 2nd half.  

I genuinely hope TJ and the team get some help from the Offensive and Defensive Coaches this Saturday night or we will get embarrassed at South Carolina. 
Hoping the entire team plays hard for 4 quarters Saturday night like they did for 2 quarter’s yesterday. THAT is the coaches responsibility to find the way to keep them motivated, not just at the start but though to the finish. Close the game out!!

Edited by au701948
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

I could see with TJ us going under center a lot more. Play-action and feed it to the two beasts. Kid has a canon so it's pretty exciting to think of him off play action. Hopefully like Ga. State we see Capers and Canion get some run with him since they run with him at practice. We'll see

I agree, but I'm primarily relying on Hudson, Robertson, and an emerging Ja'Varrius plus the TEs.

• Like 1

I want to see him let it rip. We’ve got nothing to lose at this point and no choice even if we did. Lace it up and do what you do. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I agree, but I'm primarily relying on Hudson, Robertson, and an emerging Ja'Varrius plus the TEs.

For sure. Johnson needs a minimum of 3 deep balls. Kid is lightning and seems to create separation. Hit the TE's and the others over the middle. Not all doom and gloom. Maybe it's disastrous but TJ fits Bobo well

28 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Festering issues hindering our rush offense not involving the OL?

pray tell?

we tried to run the ball against Stste but State had a top of the SEC run defense. We were aching about 2 yds a rush in 2nd half. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Festering issues hindering our rush offense not involving the OL?

pray tell?

we tried to run the ball against Stste but State had a top of the SEC run defense. We were aching about 2 yds a rush in 2nd half. 

Man, I've been beating this drum all year.

The RBs, particularly Tank, are culpable that they don't always read the defense correctly on the zone run schemes. It goes bang/bend/bounce and it's a read by the RB. It may not always be pretty, but if the OL has a hat on a hat that's winning in a zone scheme and then it's up to the RB to make the right choice. They get impatient and try to make something happen that's not there and sometimes it's detrimental to a drive.

Also, there's time when we inexplicably abandon the run game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Some of you are taking this thread the wrong way; we’re clearly all fans and want TJ to set the world on fire.

Maybe you should think about how the first post sound

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

This qb versus qb fan stuff been going on since the SW days. If you are an Auburn fan you are rooting for any starter QB for Auburn. 

• Like 5

Looking back at Hudson’s TD Saturday, TJ was the first guy down thereto celebrate with him. I would expect to see TJ look for Hudson as his go to guy much like Bo looks for Shed Jackson. Just seems to be a natural friendship between TJ and Kobe. 

I think he will take us to a W @ South Car. Some people were saying it was "so unfair" to Finley to come in cold Saturday. They have now found out there was a good reason for it, Bo had a damn broken ankle. It's Finley's job to be ready and "fair" has got nothing to do with it. He will be ready for this game and hopefully do a very fine job. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Man, I've been beating this drum all year.

The RBs, particularly Tank, are culpable that they don't always read the defense correctly on the zone run schemes. It goes bang/bend/bounce and it's a read by the RB. It may not always be pretty, but if the OL has a hat on a hat that's winning in a zone scheme and then it's up to the RB to make the right choice. They get impatient and try to make something happen that's not there and sometimes it's detrimental to a drive.

Also, there's time when we inexplicably abandon the run game.

All I know is that Tank and Hunter haven't looked quite the same over the last 4-5 games.  Not many YAC, breaking tackles or making a guy miss.  They just look... off.  Somethings not clicking.

1 hour ago, SRBautigerfan said:

All I know is that Tank and Hunter haven't looked quite the same over the last 4-5 games.  Not many YAC, breaking tackles or making a guy miss.  They just look... off.  Somethings not clicking.

I think the issue is mostly that the only yards available to them is YAC because there is very rarely a legit hole to run through. And the contact is mostly being made behind the line of scrimmage. It has been the case at AU for several years now and I hope we have 5 new starters up front next year. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1