DD transfer rumors

AUGunsmith

Seeing more and more smoke about DD transferring if not given any PT. 

Anyone else seen this or have any reputable people saying one way or a other?

As of now 100000% a random rumor, just curious is it's making it rounds. 

Edited by AUGunsmith
  • Facepalm 1

I haven't, but he would be an idiot to transfer before the season is over. He could be literally 1 play away from being on the field....and in the national spotlight vs. bammer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

I haven't, but he would be an idiot to transfer before the season is over. He could be literally 1 play away from being on the field....and in the national spotlight vs. bammer. 

His dad or uncle or whoever makes his decisions probably don’t see the big picture so it’s not surprising if this is true. 

• Like 1

I have a love/hate relationship with the transfer portal. 

• Like 6

Rule #5. No unsubstantiated rumors

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's been speculated that it could happen since Harsin took the job it seems. Smoke picking up now that we are nearing the end. Saturday will be telling. If Loy or Trey Lindsey trot out there before him than I think the writing is on the wall at that point. I won't blame either party, as he is not a fit and Geriner is their guy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

No way it's true. It makes no sense. He's redshirting and has 4 years left. 

He hasn't taken a single snap. He's listed behind Loy as 4th string on the depth chart. I have no information, but common sense says if the staff thought he had a future here he would have been put into a game at some point.  Both Davis and AU might be better off if he goes somewhere else where he is a better fit.  Liberty will be needing a QB after this season.....

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, GAAubie said:

He could be literally 1 play away from being on the field....

Nope.  Harsin said in his presser that Loy is the backup.  I doubt DD was too happy to hear that.

THAT SAID, I doubt he transfers.

Edited by AcUmen

Regardless on if the guy will have much of a future going forward here (and that's seemed incredibly unlikely with how his time here has panned out), the coaching staff is making a massive gaffe if he doesn't see any time in 3 meaningless games (in terms of stakes). The only value gained is developing, and he's your QB that you know the least about. 

Hopefully we get up big on USC and whoever we play in the bowl game and the onus is put on the head coach to put the guy out there 

I doubt if anything would happen until the season is over. I really like DD and his potential but, even if he denies it now, it would make sense for him to transfer. He would be a RS Freshman, could transfer anywhere in the country, find a better fit for his talent and possibly even start. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, woodford said:

Has he ever taken snaps with the first or second team in practice this year?

If not then Harsin knew this was coming. 

Every RSFR dands to take 1st 2nd team snaps???  At best he's 3rd. Maybe even now.

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This is why we don’t post rumors.  

D3AB4701-6417-4006-A255-09A9CA3B0291.jpeg

Thank you @DAG for teaching me that word so I understand these kids. 

At times I struggle to understand my fellow younger millennials...these Gen Zers are build different 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting.  My high school daughter told my 10 year old son to quit using the word Cap the other day because it was played out.  I overhear things and often act accordingly, but now I'm not so sure, b/c if it's good enough for DD, it's good enough for me.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Interesting.  My high school daughter told my 10 year old son to quit using the word Cap the other day because it was played out.  I overhear things and often act accordingly, but now I'm not so sure, b/c if it's good enough for DD, it's good enough for me.

Ok I am completely lost here or just an idiot. Please tell me what it means?  CAP? I thought it was for Cameron Artis Payne. 

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
21 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Ok I am completely lost here or just an idiot. Please tell me what it means?  CAP? I thought it was for Cameron Artis Payne. 

I just thought he left an r out 😂

32 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

What the hell does "cap" even mean in this context?

(Asks the 51 year old...)

Had to look it up because I have no younger ones in the house. 

Apparently it's slang for lie, which is so much more complicated to spell and say than cap. :dunno:

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 5