DD transfer rumors

AUGunsmith

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This is why we don’t post rumors.  

D3AB4701-6417-4006-A255-09A9CA3B0291.jpeg

“I will not be the next head coach at Alabama” - Nick Saban 

Student athletes are capable of lying. It’s a silly rumor though I will agree. 

50 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

What the hell does "cap" even mean in this context?

(Asks the 51 year old...)

46 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Ok I am completely lost here or just an idiot. Please tell me what it means?  CAP? I thought it was for Cameron Artis Payne. 

24 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I just thought he left an r out 😂

You Gen Xers or Boomers shouldn't even try.  Just let it go, it's beyond you now 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiger1992 said:

What the hell does "cap" even mean in this context?

(Asks the 51 year old...)

The expression “cap” is slang meaning “lie” or “bullsh

11 hours ago, AUreo said:

Bo, TJ, Geriner next year, that’s tough competition.

+ I read somewhere that we might be recruiting Tanner Bailey.

Bailey will be signing with Oregon. His dad, a big AU fan, posts on another site and said this a few days ago… He said he does like Harsin but Oregon has been recruiting him for a long time.

Edited by gr82b4au

I hope he gets some reps, but not sure how likely that is with 2 SEC opponents left (unless Finley is god awful, which is also unlikely). Surely DD came in expecting a redshirt.

Grenier should expect the same next year. With a starting QB that still has eligibility left, it seems unreasonable to think otherwise. DD should stay and see if he can move up the depth chart in the spring. If not, then maybe it's time to think about a transfer if that's what he feels is best.

The portal has made transfer speculation too rampant IMO.

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Bailey will be signing with Oregon. His dad, a big AU fan, posts on another site and said this a few days ago… He said he does like Harsin but Oregon has been recruiting him for a long time.

I do wonder what's going to happen when Cristobal takes a job in the southeast this cycle.

22 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

The portal coupled with no requirement to sit out a year has made transferring too rampant.

33 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

I hope he gets some reps, but not sure how likely that is with 2 SEC opponents left (unless Finley is god awful, which is also unlikely). Surely DD came in expecting a redshirt.

Grenier should expect the same next year. With a starting QB that still has eligibility left, it seems unreasonable to think otherwise. DD should stay and see if he can move up the depth chart in the spring. If not, then maybe it's time to think about a transfer if that's what he feels is best.

If he feels the need to leave that’s what he should do. I think the portal helps to keep coaches truthful. I sure hope we can find some players to help us out through that mechanism.

A part of me would like see DD get a little time this weekend (forcing full time 11 vs 11 football). Selfish of me I know, but I don't think he would lose his red-shirt (would he)?

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

You Gen Xers or Boomers shouldn't even try.  Just let it go, it's beyond you now 😁

Which is exactly why I didn't ask my two high schoolers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

The only reason I know anything about current slang is because I have 3 teenagers in the house.  After they're gone, I'll be lost as everyone else... and happy that I don't know what words like "cap" mean, lol.

signed, grumpy gen-xer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, creed said:

Rule #5. No unsubstantiated rumors

the rumor started on facebook. lol it seems he took down everything auburn related on his page but has not said a word. but he said this on instagram with no link so take it for what it is worth. supposedly DD has shut down the transfer rumors on his Instagram.so if anyone can look that up we probably have an answer. i do not do instagram not twitter......................

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The portal coupled with no requirement to sit out a year has made transferring too rampant.

Nah.  These kids need freedom.  It's BS to lock them down.

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Nah.  These kids need freedom.  It's BS to lock them down.

Agreed.  Coaches can come and go regardless of contractual obligations, why should players be forced to stay somewhere?  I agreed to work for a company last July, in March they announced they were selling to a new management company, who I did not have any desire to work for, so what did I do?  Found a better situation for me to succeed and left.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AU North said:

A part of me would like see DD get a little time this weekend (forcing full time 11 vs 11 football). Selfish of me I know, but I don't think he would lose his red-shirt (would he)?

I agree and also don’t believe he would lose it.

8 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Agreed.  Coaches can come and go regardless of contractual obligations, why should players be forced to stay somewhere?  I agreed to work for a company last July, in March they announced they were selling to a new management company, who I did not have any desire to work for, so what did I do?  Found a better situation for me to succeed and left.

I think the 1 time rule is a good compromise.  Free movement would be a bit of chaos.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of Harsin not playing freshmen. Very few of the last signing class have made it on the field. I think this is a deterrent for signing new players and hurts their development. Also doesn't keep guys engaged if they know they are not playing. I loved how Steele and Co rotated guys in and out of the lineup. Great for building depth and keeping guys engaged from week to week. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

i will say this. if dd should happen to leave i would be very disappointed in harsin. this season has been hard enough already. but to continue the rumor thing the rant is saying the university of washington is interested in hiring harsin. and it was stated by some cat that harsin did not realize what he was up against in the sec and is not happy. not i do not believe it at all but i thought someone might get a laugh out of it.

now i am gonna start a rumor. harsin goes to washington and takes dd with him................grins. oh snap! i forgot harsin will also require all assistants to dye their hair purple.lol  and if any of you believe that lord help us.

These kids want attention. They remove or post stuff and everyone flocks to their messages to stroke their egos and make them feel better. I've stopped worrying about it for a few years now. If he leaves we have Geriner. The only two players on offense that are irreplaceable imo are Tank and Jarquez. I would hate to see guys like Bo, Kobe, or DD leave due to their potential, but no one should lose sleep over it

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i will say this. if dd should happen to leave i would be very disappointed in harsin. this season has been hard enough already. but to continue the rumor thing the rant is saying the university of washington is interested in hiring harsin. and it was stated by some cat that harsin did not realize what he was up against in the sec and is not happy. not i do not believe it at all but i thought someone might get a laugh out of it.

now i am gonna start a rumor. harsin goes to washington and takes dd with him................grins. oh snap! i forgot harsin will also require all assistants to dye their hair purple.lol  and if any of you believe that lord help us.

I don't know if it would be fair to be disappointed in either Harsin or DD if this happens. DD was Gus's QB commit so he and Harsin aren't really tied to each other from that standpoint

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

How could one NOT know what you are up against in the SEC when coming to Auburn.  It's not like Bama and Saban are all of a sudden good out of nowhere...

• Thanks 1