Would Washington Pursue Harsin?

woodford

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

If Harsin leaves, give Mario $10 million a year.  We know he can recruit and coach.  I like Harsin, but no way we should restructure his contract year 1.  

I like the guy to but I'm not as excited about the hire now as I was from day one. Partially because of the past two weeks. Partially because recruiting is abnormally bad for Auburn

A couple of things that I've heard and I will say that I do NOT have definitive info on this. I don't think its really rumor, because it is so vague.

1. There is a mentor relationship between Peterson and Harsin, so I believe we need to have a smidge of worry here. They are close. My woman's intuition has me wondering if Harsin is All In at Auburn. I stated in another thread that I would wait until the end of the season to discern how I really feel about that, after he's had the chance to coach in the SEC and experience rivalry games. It's definitely a culture change for him and for his family. I have also heard that his family LOVES Auburn, so who knows???

2. I have heard that we are flying under the radar in recruiting and that we will actually have a great recruiting class with a few surprises. I don't follow recruiting much, but my husband has a friend that is third party connected to recruiting info. Who knows. I only say this because I want to point out that we don't really know, so I'm not ready to criticize the staff in this area.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Man dont do this shizz to me !!!  I just got out of re-hab from the last coaching debacle change 

Yeah, and I’ve still got a case of bbq Vienna sausage and two industrial sized cans of easy cheese from the last party you threw. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

If Harsin leaves, give Mario $10 million a year.  We know he can recruit and coach.  I like Harsin, but no way we should restructure his contract year 1.  

The guy we fired beat him head to head with a true freshman Qb making his first start after Mario surrendered a 4th quarter lead. Not sure paying him $10 million a year would go over well with everyone. 😅

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

A couple of things that I've heard and I will say that I do NOT have definitive info on this. I don't think its really rumor, because it is so vague.

1. There is a mentor relationship between Peterson and Harsin, so I believe we need to have a smidge of worry here. They are close. My woman's intuition has me wondering if Harsin is All In at Auburn. I stated in another thread that I would wait until the end of the season to discern how I really feel about that, after he's had the chance to coach in the SEC and experience rivalry games. It's definitely a culture change for him and for his family. I have also heard that his family LOVES Auburn, so who knows???

2. I have heard that we are flying under the radar in recruiting and that we will actually have a great recruiting class with a few surprises. I don't follow recruiting much, but my husband has a friend that is third party connected to recruiting info. Who knows. I only say this because I want to point out that we don't really know, so I'm not ready to criticize the staff in this area.

I pray you are correct about recruiting. Those few surprises would have to be some of this year's top recruits for us to haul in a comparable class to our rivals. I've always used our good recruiting classes to make me feel better during disappointing seasons. I wish I could get over the internal optimism I have for Auburn athletics. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
10 hours ago, aubaseball said:

it’s going to take everyone to be fired up about the coach

Which is not likely to ever happen until a coach starts winning NCs…and even some on this board will still claim luck or a coordinator is the reason.  I’ve been an AU fan for a LONG time and I’ve never seen it. 

I have been an Auburn fan a long time too! In my memory the only coach everyone was onboard with from the beginning was Coach Dye. Of course, we all know how that turned out!

• Like 1

Top three reasons to not coach football at WU:

1)      The climate/weather for coaching football sucks.

2)      You’re coaching in the very large metro of Seattle

3)      Washington-Seattle culture is nothing like Idaho or Alabama

3 minutes ago, AUwartigerAU said:

Top three reasons to not coach football at UW:

1)      The climate/weather for coaching football sucks.

2)      You’re coaching in the very large metro of Seattle

3)      Washington-Seattle culture is nothing like Idaho or Alabama

6 hours ago, keesler said:

Agreed, and we hopefully have Administrators with a stronger backbone that the idiots that gave xCGM that ridiculous one-sided, guaranteed contract with zero accountability. :realmad:

For sure need to wait it out with no adjustments. It would surprise me if Harsin would consider it anyway.

15 hours ago, gravejd said:

I think its more likely Washington has interest in Harsin than Harsin has interest in Washington. He could have stayed at Boise St and got all the pac12 head coaching offers he wanted. 

LOL; and what Pac 12 coaching jobs was he offered?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, and I’ve still got a case of bbq Vienna sausage and two industrial sized cans of easy cheese from the last party you threw. 

Tell me about it. I saw you eat a whole can of Rotel without the cheese. You washed it down with Hot Cheetos and Scotch. Couldn't wait I guess

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Harsin were to bolt for another job, we’d be screwed. Not a good year to have to replace a coach.

More screwed than we are right now? Don’t think so? I like CBH but it’s not like we are moving mountains currently. 

I don't believe he'd be interested in leaving Auburn for Washington on the surface. However if he were to become their guy and he was interested then Auburn should wish him well and say goodbye. Money can buy a lot of things but it cannot buy the heart of a person. He either wants to be here or he doesn't, there isn't an in between for me. I like him but last week's second half lay down was un-Auburn. That can't happen again. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wde21 said:

I have been an Auburn fan a long time too! In my memory the only coach everyone was onboard with from the beginning was Coach Dye. Of course, we all know how that turned out!

I love me some Coach Dye. Legend for sure. But if he had been hired in todays message board /social media world, many would’ve questioned bringing in an East Carolina/Wyoming coach. 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

LOL; and what Pac 12 coaching jobs was he offered?

You think a coach with a 64-17 record at Boise St wasn't getting interest from schools? I don't keep up with Pac12 coaching searches but your are pretty dumb if you think ADs did not reach out to him over the years. 

14 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I sure hope you are right.  UCF is about to pass Auburn in recruiting rankings on 247. I am not sure how to feel about that.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

I don't believe he'd be interested in leaving Auburn for Washington on the surface. However if he were to become their guy and he was interested then Auburn should wish him well and say goodbye. Money can buy a lot of things but it cannot buy the heart of a person. He either wants to be here or he doesn't, there isn't an in between for me. I like him but last week's second half lay down was un-Auburn. That can't happen again. 

As others have said, I'm not ready to want the guy gone or anything. We need stability and it's not a good year to go coach shopping again. However, what truly can't happen again is a ridiculous panicked contract extension to a guy who is basically still an unknown. Recruiting isn't good and improvement on the field has been very marginal. I think even an SEC assistant with promise could deliver that much in the short term. 

• Like 1

I mean if this helps anything, he isn't on any list that Ive seen for Washington atleast so far so.....🤷 But if I'm being honest if he goes let him, It would suck having to look for a coach right now with all the openings but I think we would be ok. Maybe we will open the checkbook and go get somebody worth a damn.( not saying Harsin isn't)

Edited by autiger88

Sadly 10 games in and we are discussing the possibility of Harsin picking up and bolting. And the fans don't seem to upset about the possibility. It's the recruiting that worries me the most. I know it's early but if you don't recruit lights out in the SEC you aint gonna compete. Nothing indicates that this staff is going to bring elite recruits to Auburn. That's the problem. Compile that with questionable game time decisions and I'm left pulling for the Poachers. 

23 hours ago, woodford said:

Washington fired HC Jimmy Lake over the weekend. Any reason to think they would go after Harsin seeing that he has ties to the area?

Not saying he would leave but they could sell that the PAC-12 North is much easier than SECW, etc. Not a rumor I literally just thought of this in the last 5 mins. 

not sure why folks are giving you negs but the rumor is all over the rant so their might be something to it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shabby said:

Sadly 10 games in and we are discussing the possibility of Harsin picking up and bolting. And the fans don't seem to upset about the possibility. It's the recruiting that worries me the most. I know it's early but if you don't recruit lights out in the SEC you aint gonna compete. Nothing indicates that this staff is going to bring elite recruits to Auburn. That's the problem. Compile that with questionable game time decisions and I'm left pulling for the Poachers. 

i am not upset because i am not totally sold on harsin. i like him but the dd thing bothers me. he came out and said when playing against the second string he was tearing it up. and now they think he might not fit? this just bothers me. the kid played high school ball in the toughest league in texas and texas is as big as a lot of countries. and i am pretty sure they talked about how accurate he was and what a pretty ball he throws. i know this because i posted the article. that might not have been word for word but it was close. so to me something is not right unless it was just the normal crap talk coaches do about certain players that are not starting.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I mean if this helps anything, he isn't on any list that Ive seen for Washington atleast so far so.....🤷 But if I'm being honest if he goes let him, It would suck having to look for a coach right now with all the openings but I think we would be ok. Maybe we will open the checkbook and go get somebody worth a damn.( not saying Harsin isn't)

he and peterson were really close so maybe peterson is pushing for him behind the scenes. just a guess and nothing more.