Would Washington Pursue Harsin?

woodford

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Hopefully! They pursue him successfully. 

I think we have to give Harsin a chance. It's too soon to write him off. I remember Pat Dye making some bonehead calls and losing to MSU early on. Also it was two years before Dye got the sidelines organized. That hire turned out ok, so this one might be ok as well.

• Like 5

Even with Saturday's loss, Harsin still gets the benefit of the doubt. These aren’t his players (for the most part). We really need to finish strong in recruiting and pull in some OL and WR talent in the portal. 

I and others have said it plenty of times before. We are a few pieces (especially on OL and other playmaking positions) away from really competing for the West. We were a meltdown Saturday away from doing it year one. 

Running the ball will fix so many problems. Our schedule rotation sucks next year with UGA and Bama on the road (thanks former AD) but I still feel good. Let’s see how the respond tomorrow and next week. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, woodford said:

Even with Saturday's loss, Harsin still gets the benefit of the doubt. These aren’t his players (for the most part). We really need to finish strong in recruiting and pull in some OL and WR talent in the portal. 

I and others have said it plenty of times before. We are a few pieces (especially on OL and other playmaking positions) away from really competing for the West. We were a meltdown Saturday away from doing it year one. 

Running the ball will fix so many problems. Our schedule rotation sucks next year with UGA and Bama on the road (thanks former AD) but I still feel good. Let’s see how the respond tomorrow and next week. 

This x1000, can't judge him off that 1 game, it wasn't even a big deal....

If I had a dime for every time a AU coach gave up a 28-3 lead at home I'd have, like 10 cents.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think we have to give Harsin a chance. It's too soon to write him off. I remember Pat Dye making some bonehead calls and losing to MSU early on. Also it was two years before Dye got the sidelines organized. That hire turned out ok, so this one might be ok as well.

Yes, time will tell.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hopefully he works out. I’m not impressed so far. He’s the most boring speaker I have ever seen.  I’m very concerned about recruiting. Certainly not any better off than we were. But I DONT want to see him get pursued and Auburn match offers. Just let him go. That’s what I’m saying about pursuing him successfully. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seriously guys I need some entertainment. How would a search play out? My prediction. They'd fire AG the day after Harsin leaves. They will then convene a search committee with the usual figures to find an AD. After two weeks they will end up promoting either Rich McGlynn or Tim Jackson. Probably Jackson. Then, Jimmy Rane will demand we hire Steele this time. Bobo would be kept on as OC

• Haha 1

This or AG makes the hire.  As inexcusable as the last two games were, do we really need Greene or the other clowns making the decision? Especially in a year that already has USC, LSU, Miami (likely) Florida (Monday) and others with openings. Yes we love Auburn and believe it’s he best job in the country, but would we seriously compete with those destination jobs already open - weeks before signing day.  

22 minutes ago, au302 said:

Seriously guys I need some entertainment. How would a search play out? My prediction. They'd fire AG the day after Harsin leaves. They will then convene a search committee with the usual figures to find an AD. After two weeks they will end up promoting either Rich McGlynn or Tim Jackson. Probably Jackson. Then, Jimmy Rane will demand we hire Steele this time. Bobo would be kept on as OC

giphy.gif

madea1.jpg

Just now, jluvah said:

If Harsin  goes, who in the hell would take this job? Serious question, other than Steele.

Plenty of people would take the job. They would just negotiate a big buyout. 

Dave Clawson at Wake. They score a ton of points. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jluvah said:

If Harsin  goes, who in the hell would take this job? Serious question, other than Steele.

It would probably be Steele, maybe Neal Brown. I'm not joking. Now, if Gogue somehow hires an outsider AD or somehow lets AG make the hire again (not happening), then maybe we pull Billy Napier this time since LSU probably ain't happening for him. Best case we'd get Aranda with Jeff Grimes tagging along

1 hour ago, au302 said:

It would probably be Steele, maybe Neal Brown. I'm not joking. Now, if Gogue somehow hires an outsider AD or somehow lets AG make the hire again (not happening), then maybe we pull Billy Napier this time since LSU probably ain't happening for him. Best case we'd get Aranda with Jeff Grimes tagging along

I would be OVER THE MOON with Aranda and Grimes. Would obviously love Napier. The Mississippi schools got good coaches, one of whom TENNESSEE could've easily had. So, so can we. (Heck, I would happily take Beamer, and USCe faces Georgia and Clemson every year.)

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...