Men vs USF Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Really felt like my man crush 😻 Zep Jasper played the best game I have seen him play at Auburn. He plays with a very solid base on offense and defense. Always seems to be under control and is an amazing on ball defender. I would like to see him get more shot opportunities from the perimeter. He has a nice stroke and shoots a very soft ball that always looks like it’s going in. All our guards need to work on creating angles for entry passes though 

• Like 3

I was kind of waiting for this type of game to happen. We had some really bad offensive stretches in the first 2 games but ended up breaking out so final score looked good. I don’t think this will be the last game we have to win with defense. Bruce may need to call a few more set plays than he is used to. Gotta learn to get it inside when offense is struggling. Glad to scrap out the road win

1 hour ago, wcware said:

Really felt like my man crush 😻 Zep Jasper played the best game I have seen him play at Auburn. He plays with a very solid base on offense and defense. Always seems to be under control and is an amazing on ball defender. I would like to see him get more shot opportunities from the perimeter. He has a nice stroke and shoots a very soft ball that always looks like it’s going in. All our guards need to work on creating angles for entry passes though 

This offense doesn't and hasn't created many off ball looks for the main ball handlers, butI would love to get to a point where many of the off ball actions that get Cambridge (for example) open are used for Zep. I think we'll probably have to wait until they get Flanagan back and don't need to Jasper to do much on O.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This offense doesn't and hasn't created many off ball looks for the main ball handlers, butI would love to get to a point where many of the off ball actions that get Cambridge (for example) open are used for Zep. I think we'll probably have to wait until they get Flanagan back and don't need to Jasper to do much on O.

Yeah I still see a lot of standing around from the wings from time to time. Like you said I am sure a lot of looks and possibilities will change when Alan returns. This team is gritty which I like. I love our depth and our bench is really what  I think the strength of this team is. We seem to be wearing teams down in the second half because we are able to stay fresh and keep our defensive intensity up. I’m excited to watch this team grow and evolve. We have got to find away to get our bigs more shots. How this team gels when Alan returns will determine what our ceiling is. 

Edited by wcware
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

Yeah I still see a lot of standing around from the wings from time to time. Like you said I am sure a lot of looks and possibilities will change when Alan returns. This team is gritty which I like. I love our depth and our bench is really what  I think the strength of this team is. We seem to be wearing teams down in the second half because we are able to stay fresh and keep our defensive intensity up. I’m excited to watch this team grow and evolve. We have got to find away to get our bigs more shots. How this team gels when Alan returns will determine what our ceiling is. 

Yep, our bigs just don't stop going. Hell Cardwell probably got what, 8 minutes last night? The first game where it felt like Kessler was really asked to play extended minutes. Gonna be games where Jaylin demands more minutes and Jabari gets a relative rest. The front court is going to be FINE