All of the good will built up by Harsin is gone after this game.

AUlurker

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Well said. And heads should definitely roll. 

Bobo has to go. Playcalling was bad in key moments.  It was like I was watching Gus call the plays again... long low percentage pass on 4th and shor with an inaccurate QB bb what is you doing?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Except in the Ga state game, right? Finley was the spark in that one. 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. 

1 minute ago, Didba said:

We get off the script and Bobo makes weird playcalls that are opposite of what most OCs would call in a certain down and distance.  Like that long pass on 4th and short.  My call would've been a quick pass to a tight-end after the TE had faked the block since the defense had stacked the line. I call it the Gronk Tuddie play bc how well Gronk does it with Tom.

I would be interested to know if there were more options on that play. Bad play call if that was the only option. Looked like he was going to come free but didn’t.

1 minute ago, Mcbowen327 said:

I realize a college coach can hardly ever if any other than one or two can please every fan. The fact that the supporters of CBH biggest arguement is by comparing him to a coach that left the team in shambles supposedly speaks for itself. I think everyone agrees someone is at fault for why we have lost the past 3 games in a row in shameful fashion and it isn't the players. How high up the coaches list should the fault be placed upon?

The responsibility belongs to Harsin. He is ultimately in charge. 

• Like 1

It is not an honest assessment to pretend the talent is equal to last year.  We are not regressing with the same talent.  We have less talent than we had last year and are playing commensurate with it.  Look at WR, OL and Defense.  We've won 2 games we shouldn't have won and lost two we should.  Either way, we are a 6-6 team going into Alabama.  Had we won tonight; we would have been at the absolute top end of what anyone (at least me) should have expected.  

We will play in a s*** eating bowl because we kept Gus 3 seasons too long.  O-line talent is bottom tier in the SEC and we have below average SEC QB's.   Not sure if DD can change that or the incoming freshman next fall (doubtful on a freshman to solve our problems; but it could be a step up); but that is what will have to happen to change this offense materially.  Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.  Most on here don't remember Pat Dye's 1st team....PAINFUL.  Anyone here besides me remember the AU vs TN game that year?  Bad calls, poor QB play, poor D play, winnable game; lost inside their 5.  And there were others.  It was a beginning though.  

This is a 4 year rebuild at least.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

It is not an honest assessment to pretend the talent is equal to last year.  We are not regressing with the same talent.  We have less talent than we had last year and are playing commensurate with it.  Look at WR, OL and Defense.  We've won 2 games we shouldn't have won and lost two we should.  Either way, we are a 6-6 team going into Alabama.  Had we won tonight; we would have been at the absolute top end of what anyone (at least me) should have expected.  

We will play in a s*** eating bowl because we kept Gus 3 seasons too long.  O-line talent is bottom tier in the SEC and we have below average SEC QB's.   Not sure if DD can change that or the incoming freshman next fall (doubtful on a freshman to solve our problems; but it could be a step up); but that is what will have to happen to change this offense materially.  Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.  Most on here don't remember Pat Dye's 1st team....PAINFUL.  Anyone here besides me remember the AU vs TN game that year?  Bad calls, poor QB play, poor D play, winnable game; lost inside their 5.  And there were others.  It was a beginning though.  

Someone please come get me when we begin rebuilding 

47 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Yeah. I’m kinda ready to see him go. Recruiting is in the toilet, and he’s losing games he probably shouldn’t lose. He can’t be bad at both and keep his job. 

Agreed. As much as Gus’ recruiting dwindled, as I feared, Harsin can’t recruit in the South. His 2 main coordinators are a detriment to this team. I only hope the morons in control that Gus a huge buyout after 1 good year don’t fall for that again. Most uninspired D I have seen since the Bowden days. This program is the worst in the West and it’s not really close.

36 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I honestly predicted a 6-6 or 7-5 to a friend at the beginning of the season. I don’t know why I’m so pissed right now. I guess it’s because we lost games I had marked as wins.

The most concerning thing to me about all of this is the recruiting issue. We aren’t getting anybody really. That’s scary. 

You answered your own question. I wouldn't be angry about the last two weeks if we were in the top 20 in recruiting.

• Like 1

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Agreed. As much as Gus’ recruiting dwindled, as I feared, Harsin can’t recruit in the South. His 2 main coordinators are a detriment to this team. I only hope the morons in control that Gus a huge buyout after 1 good year don’t fall for that again. Most uninspired D I have seen since the Bowden days. This program is the worst in the West and it’s not really close.

Yeah. It’s sad to admit it. But it’s true. All of it. 

2 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

He can't even recruit in the PNW.

But no, we are not getting rid of him after this season unless he hasn't been poked.

If Art Briles is still on the market in a couple years, however, he might be worth looking at--though hasn't he been away from the game for a long time? Or has he still been involved in stuff? I could see it being a case of the Tiger Woods effect.

Edited by AUwent

27 minutes ago, Didba said:

Bobo has to go. Playcalling was bad in key moments.  It was like I was watching Gus call the plays again... long low percentage pass on 4th and shor with an inaccurate QB bb what is you doing?

I’m ok with that as I thought Finley throwing multiple fade routes weren’t scheming to his strengths. But realize that if this happens, Kiseau is likely the only option for Harsin. 

Edited by AUStew87

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

If he fires Mason and Bobo ill be ok, if not I will not really be paying attention next year like I did in Gus's last year. 

Same. 

• Like 1

This sucks because we have regressed. I guess magically all the talent on our team just disappeared after the Ole Miss game. 

And the 33rd ranked recruiting class doesn’t help. Because it’s obvious, we’re not going to be coaching anything up. 

19 minutes ago, japantiger said:

You do know what our recruiting is like right now, right?

@tightendoverthemiddle: Even by then it was clear how good their recruiting class was going to be.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He can't even recruit in the PNW.

But no, we are not getting rid of him after this season unless he hasn't been poked.

If Art Briles is still on the market in a couple years, however, he might be worth looking at--though hasn't he been away from the game for a long time? Or has he still been involved in stuff? I could see it being a case of the Tiger Woods effect.

I would say AU hiring Briles is par for the pathetic course this program has been on for years. The LSU job is such a more appealing job to any coach with a bit of a brain. LSU has been a top tier program over the years. AU has and is now a SEC bottom feeder program. 6-6! Wow and we got rid of one self proclaimed genius, just to hire another. We are now 4 to 5 years behind GA and Bama, Tamu and both Miss teams. Pathetic uninspired football. 

23 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Yes Agreed.. 

Here's the double whammy. I don't know what's worse:

1) The product that Harsin is putting on the field or

2) The abysmal recruiting prospects

If Harsin was recruiting lights out then I would be fine with seeing how his tenure turns out but with us becoming less and less talented each year because we can't recruit with the big boys then where does our proram go under this coaching staff.,..

• Thanks 1

Would people please stop comparing this clusterf#$k to Sabans first year at Alabama. Saban had proven himself as a coach by winning a Natty at LSU. He also had the #2 recruiting class in the country. This is a horrible comparison. 

Edited by tigers23
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2