All of the good will built up by Harsin is gone after this game.

AUlurker

5 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I would say AU hiring Briles is par for the pathetic course this program has been on for years. The LSU job is such a more appealing job to any coach with a bit of a brain. LSU has been a top tier program over the years. AU has and is now a SEC bottom feeder program. 6-6! Wow and we got rid of one self proclaimed genius, just to hire another. We are now 4 to 5 years behind GA and Bama, Tamu and both Miss teams. Pathetic uninspired football. 

Who would you suggest then? Because while I would have concerns, Briles is an accomplished HC. Baylor, to the best of my knowledge, had never been worth a crap before he got there (correct me if I'm wrong). Aside from 2017 they've been a solid to even great program ever since he got there.

Edited by AUwent

17 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

Someone please come get me when we begin rebuilding 

We may have less talent, but I see 0 from Harsin recruiting that makes me think we have a shot. We are a bottom tier SEC team and i don’t see that changing in even 2 or 3 years. I will eat crow, because for all of Gus’s faults, he at least pretended to know what he was doing. Harsin looks worse and more confused than some of the top tier HS teams coaches. 

• Like 1

This was gone take time, I didnt expect much coming into this season but the most confusing thing is recruiting. I don’t understand what the vision is or anything. It’s like we’re not even on the trail.

Hopefully we have a good finish to recruiting but it ain’t looking good right now. We’re not gone keep getting lucky by pulling a team full of Jarquez Hunter type players. We have to actually win some of these recruiting battles for big time players and we losing all of them 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, japantiger said:

It is not an honest assessment to pretend the talent is equal to last year.  We are not regressing with the same talent.  We have less talent than we had last year and are playing commensurate with it.  Look at WR, OL and Defense.  We've won 2 games we shouldn't have won and lost two we should.  Either way, we are a 6-6 team going into Alabama.  Had we won tonight; we would have been at the absolute top end of what anyone (at least me) should have expected.  

We will play in a s*** eating bowl because we kept Gus 3 seasons too long.  O-line talent is bottom tier in the SEC and we have below average SEC QB's.   Not sure if DD can change that or the incoming freshman next fall (doubtful on a freshman to solve our problems; but it could be a step up); but that is what will have to happen to change this offense materially.  Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.  Most on here don't remember Pat Dye's 1st team....PAINFUL.  Anyone here besides me remember the AU vs TN game that year?  Bad calls, poor QB play, poor D play, winnable game; lost inside their 5.  And there were others.  It was a beginning though.  

This is a 4 year rebuild at least.

We are about to be 12 games in and u still blaming Gus. He isn’t making these questionable play calls and having historical bad losses . Did u not see Tanks level of frustration tonight. The oline was blocking tonight but somehow the staff felt more passing was needed.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.  Most on here don't remember Pat Dye's 1st team....PAINFUL.  Anyone here besides me remember the AU vs TN game that year?  Bad calls, poor QB play, poor D play, winnable game; lost inside their 5.  And there were others.  It was a beginning though.  

Okay two things. 

1. I know we’ve been preaching to quit comparing Harsin to Saban. But can we also knock the Harsin to Dye’s first year as well? 

2. And serious question, what from Harsin have you seen in this recruiting cycle that he’s going to recruit his tail off to get this “rebuild”??? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Okay two things. 

1. I know we’ve been preaching to quit comparing Harsin to Saban. But can we also knock the Harsin to Dye’s first year as well? 

2. And serious question, what from Harsin have you seen in this recruiting cycle that he’s going to recruit his tail off to get this “rebuild”??? 

I would also add Harsin is in a different day and age than Dye

• Like 1

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

It is not an honest assessment to pretend the talent is equal to last year.  We are not regressing with the same talent.  We have less talent than we had last year and are playing commensurate with it.  Look at WR, OL and Defense.  We've won 2 games we shouldn't have won and lost two we should.  Either way, we are a 6-6 team going into Alabama.  Had we won tonight; we would have been at the absolute top end of what anyone (at least me) should have expected.  

We will play in a s*** eating bowl because we kept Gus 3 seasons too long.  O-line talent is bottom tier in the SEC and we have below average SEC QB's.   Not sure if DD can change that or the incoming freshman next fall (doubtful on a freshman to solve our problems; but it could be a step up); but that is what will have to happen to change this offense materially.  Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.  Most on here don't remember Pat Dye's 1st team....PAINFUL.  Anyone here besides me remember the AU vs TN game that year?  Bad calls, poor QB play, poor D play, winnable game; lost inside their 5.  And there were others.  It was a beginning though.  

Holy moly batman I concur! What a rational reasonable take from an objective standpoint.  I love this take and wish I had penned it myself.  Take notice my people.  JapanTiger knows his stuff.

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

We are about to be 12 games in and u still blaming Gus. He isn’t making these questionable play calls and having historical bad losses . Did u not see Tanks level of frustration tonight. The oline was blocking tonight but somehow the staff felt more passing was needed.

oof, another Gus apologist that cannot see the forest for the trees.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Didba said:

oof, another Gus apologist that cannot see the forest for the trees.

Obviously U don’t believe in accountability. It’s everyone else fault . Even the guys that have been backing CBH even saying it’s fault. Look at the facts historical lost to MSU and historical win for MSU. First coach to lose 3 consecutive games since 2012.  CLose to last in recruiting. 4 straight games offense collapse but yea keep making  excuses. This team is trending backwards and if u are recruit u might be second guessing yourself 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

You should care if he replaces them with Boise bois. That would turn out to be more disastrous for Auburn.....especially with recruiting. 

Aren't you one of the biggest Gus apologists on this site?

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Obviously U don’t believe in accountability. It’s everyone else fault . Even the guys that have been backing CBH even saying it’s fault. Look at the facts historical lost to MSU and historical win for MSU. First coach to lose 3 consecutive games since 2012.  Lose to last in recruiting. 4 straight games offense collapse but yea keep making  excuses.

I am not making excuses I am just able to acknowledge the poor state of the program that was left to Harsin unlike most of the Gus apologists on this board.  Its one of the main reason Gus was fired.

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Obviously U don’t believe in accountability. It’s everyone else fault . Even the guys that have been backing CBH even saying it’s fault. Look at the facts historical lost to MSU and historical win for MSU. First coach to lose 3 consecutive games since 2012.  Lose to last in recruiting. 4 straight games offense collapse but yea keep making  excuses.

He thinks we’re all just being irrational, which is fine. It’s his belief. He’s just gaslighting anybody that doesn’t see the world the way he does. Look at his other comments.

2 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

I was by no means a fan of Gus Malzahn, but the last 2 losses were 100% on Harsin, not Gus

if anything they are on Mike Bobo's playcalling and Gus's failure to recruit an olineman out of high school since 2017.  So no they were not 100% on Harsin.

• Haha 1

Just now, Didba said:

I am not making excuses I am just able to acknowledge the poor state of the program that was left to Harsin unlike most of the Gus apologists on this board.  Its one of the main reason Gus was fired.

This is solely on Harsin his decision making has directly cost Auburn two games. If u are ok with that knock yourself out. It doesn’t matter what type of players u get if bad coaching cause u to lose games

This one is completely on Harsin and that idiotic fourth down call in the second quarter.  He needs to go, but especially for his lack of recruiting and leadership regarding covid.  He needs to realize that he is in the big league now and not whatever BS league Boise state is in.

Just now, Taco said:

He thinks we’re all just being irrational, which is fine. It’s his belief. He’s just gaslighting anybody that doesn’t see the world the way he does. Look at his other comments.

I just call it like I see it man and I look at things from an objective, reasonable person point of view with my years of experience playing and then breaking down film/scheme.  Its hard to look at it differently due to my legal training in logical analysis.  Its mostly why Lawyers are no fun in discussions like this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

This is solely on Harsin his decision making has directly cost Auburn two games. If u are ok with that knock yourself out. It doesn’t matter what type of players u get if bad coaching cause u to lose games

lmao, how is this on Harsin when Mike Bobo is making the calls losing us games? smh.

30 minutes ago, e808 said:

Overall talent is on Gus.  Even this last class was ranked 43rd at the time Harsin inherited it on the day he was hired; he moved it up to 19th.   Oline, QB, WR's are all on Gus.  Lack of depth; on Gus.  Defections (we lost an entire recruiting class), on Gus.  

RB is the only position group that is competitive with the rest of the SEC.  We kept that coach and he improved it with the addition of Hunter...Caddy did that.  

Recruiting season for this year isn't over.  It's a total #'s game.  We'll see how he finishes and then what he's able to do with it...that will determine his fait.  

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

if anything they are on Mike Bobo's playcalling and Gus's failure to recruit an olineman out of high school since 2017.  So no they were not 100% on Harsin.

Who hired Bobo? Gus? No, it was Harsin. It's on Harsin

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Taco said:

Irrational that’s laughable. Tank is running wild but wait on 4 and 1 let’s throw the ball. Last week fake punt on 4 and 10. I could of sworn that happened or maybe I watched the wrong game 

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Overall talent is on Gus.  Even this last class was ranked 43rd at the time Harsin inherited it on the day he was hired; he moved it up to 19th.   Oline, QB, WR's are all on Gus.  Lack of depth; on Gus.  Defections (we lost an entire recruiting class), on Gus.  

RB is the only position group that is competitive with the rest of the SEC.  We kept that coach and he improved it with the addition of Hunter...Caddy did that.  

Recruiting season for this year isn't over.  It's a total #'s game.  We'll see how he finishes and then what he's able to do with it...that will determine his fait.  

Thank you! This is what I am trying to get across to these people.

Edited by Didba

Just now, Didba said:

I just call it like I see it man and I look at things from an objective, reasonable person point of view with my years of experience playing and then breaking down film/scheme.  Its hard to look at it differently due to my legal training in logical analysis.  Its mostly why Lawyers are no fun in discussions like this. 

Lol. Cool. 

So since I’m in the legal world I’ll bite. By your logic, since these past two losses really weren’t on Harsin. Were our big wins against Ole Miss and Arkansas because of Bobo’s and Mason’s play calling? And the recruiting of Bo Nix by Gus?

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Irrational that’s laughable. Tank is running wild but wait on 4 and 1 let’s throw the ball. Last week fake punt on 4 and 10. I could of sworn that happened or maybe I watched the wrong game 

You are literally repeating things that I have already said.  Playcalling has been terrible. Whomever is doing it, likely bobo, needs to seriously reevaluate things or get fired.  if that was harsin's call on the fake punt last week, then hell yeah that was a terrible call.

• Like 1