All of the good will built up by Harsin is gone after this game.

AUlurker

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

But what is his scheme and what is Bobo’s? Neither are apparently working. And I’m sure he’ll hop on the presser and say “we got to get better the plays weren’t there” or whatever bull**** he likes to say. 

Bruce Pearl will legitimately say what the exact problem is, even lightly call out players by their names. And you know what? That results in an eager, gritty, basketball team that actually answers to adversity instead of bending over. Everyone loves him from fans to players to even other fanbases. Pearl is the best coach to step foot on the AU campus in 30 years, and everyone knows it.

We need a football coach like Bruce Pearl. 

PS I’ve been saying this during Gus’s tenure as well. 

I'd love to have a football coach that is like Bruce Pearl, in fact we should get work on cloning ole BP and installing the football chip instead of basketball.  We can call him Pruce Bearl.

To answer your question about scheme, HArsin's is a multiple scheme based out of 10, 11, 12 personnel that works a complex route tree involving the run game and and tight ends in the passing game.  Its very similar to a BA's Pro Scheme at Tampa Bay, which I love. Of course TB12 helps.  just a little.  As for Bobo, i have no idea what his scheme is supposed to be.

Muschamp and Grimes (Jeff) will rebuild the lines. Please throw some money at them and make them say no. Let Harsin be the CEO and do his thing

Edited by au302

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Aren't you one of the biggest jackazzes on this site?

Yeah, I am fortunately, I don't mince words or suffer fools to my own detriment but that comment was unnecessary, and I was actually meaning to take it down and apologize.

24 minutes ago, Didba said:

Honestly, I have no idea what he is doing, I am assuming overall game and gameplan management.  He definitely is not calling the plays and IMO the bad playcalling by Bobo was the reason we lost tonight.  I hope Harsin does something to rectify that, I don't how he will do that, maybe fire Bobo, maybe start to insert himself more with play calling decisions on key downs.  I know if I was Harsin and Bobo told me he was running that long 50/50 ball on 4th and 1 I'd have told him the hell you are, pick a quick pass to a tightend, run the ball or QB sneak it. 

Okay. 

1. I have no idea what [Harsin] is doing

2. I’m assuming he is managing the game 

but then 

3. he [harsin] is definitely not calling the game 

4. the BAD play calling by Bobo

Logically this is in a damn mess and is not objective or analytical. You’re going off the same hunch me and any of the pissed off people are. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I was at the game tonight with my family, our first in 7 years because we live in Charlotte NC. A few things that was obvious 

Our DBs have slow feet and slow hips. It's obvious why we play like we do

Dline is weak. Got pushed around much of the night. A few good plays here and there but we are not SEC ready

That 4th and 1 killed any momentum we had and , IMO cost us the game

There are a lot of I's on this team. Not naming names but it is obvious.

Feed our RB's was all we had to do and we win easily. Oline was crushing their dline all night.

Wide receiver's had zero separation almost every play.

We should not have lost to this team and it is disheartening to see us out

Anyway, War Eagle and IGTBAAT

Hope y'all had a good time together outside of the result. Agree on you with pretty much everything you said. Definitely too many I's. Need to run all of those off, regardless of who the coach is

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, au302 said:

Hope y'all had a good time together outside of the result. Agree on you with pretty much everything you said. Definitely too many I's. Need to run all of those off, regardless of who the coach is

In spite of the end result we had a absolute blast !! Especially around the Auburn Family ! 

I still like Harsin as our HC. He just needs to fix his staff. I know he wanted to mix in coaches that know the landscape of the SEC. However, at this point, just bring in guys he knows that will execute what he wants. If that's all former Boise St. guys then so be it. Personally, if i go down, i'm going down may way and with guys I've previously built and grew a program with.

3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I still like Harsin as our HC. He just needs to fix his staff. I know he wanted to mix in coaches that know the landscape of the SEC. However, at this point, just bring in guys he knows that will execute what he wants. If that's all former Boise St. guys then so be it. Personally, if i go down, i'm going down may way and with guys I've previously built and grew a program with.

Amen.   Maybe he wanted to make the fan base feel like he was getting guys from the south that knew the SEC and how to navigate.   Don’t get me wrong, the scheming and game planning lately is head scratching, but Auburn’s defensive players are completely clueless.   As a player, if you can’t tell that every time they ran the ball with #11 that he was going to bounce the play outside and use his speed to get to the edge, you aren’t very bright (or have football savvy)

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
7 hours ago, Taco said:

Okay two things. 

1. I know we’ve been preaching to quit comparing Harsin to Saban. But can we also knock the Harsin to Dye’s first year as well? 

2. And serious question, what from Harsin have you seen in this recruiting cycle that he’s going to recruit his tail off to get this “rebuild”??? 

On #2 we’ve had some absolutely HUGE recruiting weekends with one having over 40 4 and 5 stars alone. Apparently that was the biggest recruiting weekend anyone has ever seen at AU by a long shot.  There is also some murmurings that we are very high on many guys lists and if we get a certain percentage of those guys we could end up near top 10. Of course that’s all speculation but it’s been discussed in the recruiting forum. 

Guest MustardSeed
4 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

This. 
Harsin took a chance and went outside his comfort zone and hired the guys who appeared to be pretty good coordinators and had plenty of experience in the SEC. On paper it wasn’t a terrible move (well Mason was but a lot of people thought he was an amazing coordinator for some silly reason).  Both were big name guys. They didn’t pan out. Time to cut bait and get some more lines in the water.  Masons scheme is the worst I’ve ever witnessed. I actually like Bobo’s scheme but he can’t call plays that adjust to defenses adjusting.  Once a defense adjusts his day is over. That’s not very repairable IMO. What we don’t know is how much freedom Harsin was given to hire his guys.  I think we find out soon  

IT IS A REBUILDING YEAR

We can’t compare it to other’s rebuilding years because it’s different. Take a chill pill and learn to just enjoy watching a sport and look for improvement next year and if it doesn’t come start planning your next desired coach. If you can’t do that then you have a problem anyways and likely need a break from “FANatacism”. Why anyone lets the result of a game played by a bunch of college kids most have never even met have such a negative effect on their lives baffles me.  Of course most of society baffles me these days

Pat Dye came to Auburn.  We were down.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off.  He turned it around.  Saban went to Bammer.  They were down after all the Mikes.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off.  Three years later they are national champs.  Kirby went to UGA.  They were OK just needed some more players.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off, bringing in more 4* and 5* talent than any team in America.  They have been on the brink for several years now and are about to be undefeated and have a great chance to win it all.  The common thread, they all recruited their a** off.  Our new guy, on the other hand, seems to think he can take 3* talent with a half a** coaching staff and compete with the best.  Maybe at Boise that worked because he didn’t have to play but a couple of games a year against talented teams.  It ain’t gonna work.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Why anyone lets the result of a game played by a bunch of college kids most have never even met have such a negative effect on their lives baffles me.  

I'm a recovering one of these fans you've mentioned but I've been clean for several years now. It's not easy to admit that my team is average but once I did it a huge weight was lifted off. 

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm a recovering one of these fans you've mentioned but I've been clean for several years now. It's not easy to admit that my team is average but once I did it a huge weight was lifted off. 

I am too from back when I thought it was cool to live like hell. Once I saw the Truth of what I was and where I should be I let it all go and it is sooooooooooooo much better to watch games now 😂

19 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Pat Dye came to Auburn.  We were down.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off.  He turned it around.  Saban went to Bammer.  They were down after all the Mikes.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off.  Three years later they are national champs.  Kirby went to UGA.  They were OK just needed some more players.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off, bringing in more 4* and 5* talent than any team in America.  They have been on the brink for several years now and are about to be undefeated and have a great chance to win it all.  The common thread, they all recruited their a** off.  Our new guy, on the other hand, seems to think he can take 3* talent with a half a** coaching staff and compete with the best.  Maybe at Boise that worked because he didn’t have to play but a couple of games a year against talented teams.  It ain’t gonna work.  

This was the concern so many had about Harsin. A coach no one knew coaching in a mid major conference. When hired, our players probably did not know who he was much less any recruits. High school coaches did not know who he was, and his staff has too many guys stepping up to this level for the first time. To make an impact with recruits was to have a good to great year on the field. That is not happening. In fact if things do not change this could be one of the lowest ranked AU classes in 20 years or so. 

I see many saying to relax that it is a rebuilding year. If that is the case why bring Harsin in. He has no history or background rebuilding programs. The programs he has inherited have remained status quo or regressed. I do not see any area of this team that is improving. 

While the staff looks incompetent, this all lays at Harsin feet. The future is not bright. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

I like Harsin but his sideline personality bothers me.   Guess I want more emotion, idk

What would you like? Booger picking? “BOOM”? or deer-in-the- headlights? We had those with the last idiot.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

IT IS A REBUILDING YEAR

True, but the team got worse over the course of the season. 

Bobo was brought in to recruit and develop QBs. Mason was brought in because he has multi-year SEC experience. 

Our recruiting stinks. 

We have a rebuild, but how many years of 6-7 win football seasons do you think Harsin will get? From what I've watched this season, this guy has a lot of growing as a coach himself to succeed at this level. 

8 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I was at the game tonight with my family, our first in 7 years because we live in Charlotte NC. A few things that was obvious 

Our DBs have slow feet and slow hips. It's obvious why we play like we do

Dline is weak. Got pushed around much of the night. A few good plays here and there but we are not SEC ready

That 4th and 1 killed any momentum we had and , IMO cost us the game

There are a lot of I's on this team. Not naming names but it is obvious.

Feed our RB's was all we had to do and we win easily. Oline was crushing their dline all night.

Wide receiver's had zero separation almost every play.

We should not have lost to this team and it is disheartening to see us out

Anyway, War Eagle and IGTBAAT

What you said. 

I've been saying all year we are painfully slow in the secondary. 

Our receiving corps scares no one.

8 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

What you said. 

I've been saying all year we are painfully slow in the secondary. 

Our receiving corps scares no one.

Speed kills, if you have it

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

On #2 we’ve had some absolutely HUGE recruiting weekends with one having over 40 4 and 5 stars alone. Apparently that was the biggest recruiting weekend anyone has ever seen at AU by a long shot.  There is also some murmurings that we are very high on many guys lists and if we get a certain percentage of those guys we could end up near top 10. Of course that’s all speculation but it’s been discussed in the recruiting forum. 

Unless some of them sign with us it makes it the biggest recruiting bust of all time. This isn’t horseshoes and hand grenades, close doesn’t count. Harsin needs to prove he’s got what it takes and currently our recruiting won’t get it done. Getting them for a visit is a nice start but let’s see him finish. 

10 hours ago, japantiger said:

Most on here don't remember Pat Dye's 1st team....PAINFUL.  Anyone here besides me remember the AU vs TN game that year?  Bad calls, poor QB play, poor D play, winnable game; lost inside their 5.  And there were others.  It was a beginning though.  

This is a 4 year rebuild at least.

Do remember and if I recall one talented QB was eventually run off campus. Different era but you knew without a doubt Dye was going to bring in players. Never lost a game with the feel of last weeks total collapse. Can not remember going into the Bammer game on a three game losing streak.

I think the difference in Harsins situation vs Kirby or Saban’s is…. Those coaches were not saddled by a pandemic that prevented visits.  We were in a dead period til June.

Plus,  Harsin had no name rec down here.  all of this has made our 1st yr recruiting pitch much more difficult 

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do remember and if I recall one talented QB was eventually run off campus. Different era but you knew without a doubt Dye was going to bring in players. Never lost a game with the feel of last weeks total collapse. Can not remember going into the Bammer game on a three game losing streak.

Dye lost to one of the sorriest Alabama teams in the last 50 years.   It’s hard for some on here to take, but this is Auburn’s MO.   Great for a year or so, good for most years, average some years and stink for a year or two.   It’s Auburn.   There is a reason people say, JABA.  

There is a huge difference between the Group of 5 and the Power 5.

What works in the Group of 5 does not necessarily work in the Power 5.

This is why hiring a top Group of 5 head coach to be a Power 5 head coach is a risk.

• Like 1