All of the good will built up by Harsin is gone after this game.

AUlurker

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Dye lost to one of the sorriest Alabama teams in the last 50 years.   It’s hard for some on here to take, but this is Auburn’s MO.   Great for a year or so, good for most years, average some years and stink for a year or two.   It’s Auburn.   There is a reason people say, JABA.  

Well said. Truth hurts sometimes

• Like 3

Could Harsin have held out on the vaccine just in case things went “south”( like they have). If so , kudos to him for having that much foresight. I’m not vaccinated either but don’t think my kids would let me out of being an Auburn fan that easy🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Pat Dye came to Auburn.  We were down.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off.  He turned it around.  Saban went to Bammer.  They were down after all the Mikes.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off.  Three years later they are national champs.  Kirby went to UGA.  They were OK just needed some more players.  He instilled discipline and recruited his a** off, bringing in more 4* and 5* talent than any team in America.  They have been on the brink for several years now and are about to be undefeated and have a great chance to win it all.  The common thread, they all recruited their a** off.  Our new guy, on the other hand, seems to think he can take 3* talent with a half a** coaching staff and compete with the best.  Maybe at Boise that worked because he didn’t have to play but a couple of games a year against talented teams.  It ain’t gonna work.  

This. Absolutely this. 

Where’s this discipline and this “1-0 mentality” The 2nd half debacles the past few weeks isn’t something we see from teams with discipline and culture in my humble opinion. 

And our recruiting is off the mark right now with a lot of battles coming up heading into early NSD. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Unless some of them sign with us it makes it the biggest recruiting bust of all time. This isn’t horseshoes and hand grenades, close doesn’t count. Harsin needs to prove he’s got what it takes and currently our recruiting won’t get it done. Getting them for a visit is a nice start but let’s see him finish. 

Gotta actually make it to signing day first 😉

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, aucom96 said:

We have a rebuild, but how many years of 6-7 win football seasons do you think Harsin will get?

Well we are literally on year 1 and most including you have admitted it’s a rebuild. Changing a culture often comes with some highs and lows. Will Harsin complete the rebuild?  Only time will tell

1 hour ago, Taco said:

This. Absolutely this. 

Where’s this discipline and this “1-0 mentality” The 2nd half debacles the past few weeks isn’t something we see from teams with discipline and culture in my humble opinion. 

And our recruiting is off the mark right now with a lot of battles coming up heading into early NSD. 

Harsin is recruiting his ass off, but that is not how you beat Alabama and Georgia in recruiting.  First, you have authority over the NCAA and second you threaten Georgia and Alabama to turn them in if they interfere with your recruiting.  When Dye coached, you get someone on probation by reporting them.  Behind the scenes, Dye threatened the opposition not to interfere with his recruiting and he wouldn't interfere with their recruiting.  Now, the NCAA is run by Saban and Kirby is getting to do what he wants.  

A recruiter wins at the highest levels before he even gets to the player.  This is why Dye wanted Kirby.  Kirby would not be at Georgia cheating and we would have had the goods on Saban.  Now, Kirby would have not had any sway with the NCAA.  Still, I hope you get my point in the skills we should be looking for in a coach.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pod said:

Harsin is recruiting his ass off, but that is not how you beat Alabama and Georgia in recruiting.  First, you have authority over the NCAA and second you threaten Georgia and Alabama to turn them in if they interfere with your recruiting.  When Dye coached, you get someone on probation by reporting them.  Behind the scenes, Dye threatened the opposition not to interfere with his recruiting and he wouldn't interfere with their recruiting.  Now, the NCAA is run by Saban and Kirby is getting to do what he wants.  

A recruiter wins at the highest levels before he even gets to the player.  This is why Dye wanted Kirby.  Kirby would not be at Georgia cheating and we would have had the goods on Saban.  Now, Kirby would have not had any sway with the NCAA.  Still, I hope you get my point in the skills we should be looking for in a coach.

I get it pod!   I might be the only one though.  Some on here don’t think Auburn has ever done that.  

3 hours ago, Taco said:

This. Absolutely this. 

Maybe 1-0  means 1st qtr  only

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do remember and if I recall one talented QB was eventually run off campus. Different era but you knew without a doubt Dye was going to bring in players. Never lost a game with the feel of last weeks total collapse. Can not remember going into the Bammer game on a three game losing streak.

I'd like to point out re: Tennessee that that was the year after the 42-0 game. Then we took them to the wire at their own place, resulting in one of the greatest speeches in our history. It was clear better times were ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EjuEc2QBw8

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

I get it pod!   I might be the only one though.  Some on here don’t think Auburn has ever done that.  

You think Auburn moved an entire family from Hawaii, gave them a house, cars, and jobs, and a scholarship for little brother?  No one batted an eye either. The media even touted it as a feel good story. Same with Trent Richardson. 

I'm sure Auburn has crossed the line many times. People are not as naive as you think. But there is no school who has done it on the same level as bammer because no one else has the REC and Emmert in their pocket. Kirby is probably working up to it and the nickster may or may not be able to stop it. They could even have a mutual understanding....who knows. 

Dye was not dealing with Emmert and the little tyrant, and he still got in trouble. Hugh Freeze was, and he got destroyed. The threat of retaliation is real.

I doubt Harsin will be able to take on bammer and the REC and the NCAA right now....if ever. Plus Kirby and Dabo working on their own empire building. Gus struggled with it and he was clued in after the witch hunt of 2010. 

Hopefully the opportunity to make money openly will help loosen the death grip that bammer has had on recruiting. But I expect them to find a loophole or some other aspect to exploit somewhere.

4 hours ago, jluvah said:

Well said. Truth hurts sometimes

So in reference to this should Georgia fire Kirby because he's not JGBG?? Humans are creatures of habit and the ones who stay in their comfort zone and don't embrace change fall behind

It might be a good idea to step back and relax.

As the season went on, we started to become hopeful, many even believing that this team was better than it actually was.

Now many are mad due for a lot of reasons, and the most obvious solution to some is to fire everyone.

We forget that this was always going to be a tough year. Recruiting in the past was poor overall, players were not developed, schemes were not conducive to putting players into the NFL.

Now we do have an overall culture change, with changes in scheme on both sides, and with poorly developed players.

The schemes have been difficult, but they have gotten better. Learning Zone will put McCreary into the 1st round. Some players that start for is probably would not see playing time if they were with Georgia or Alabama. Players have routinely said the play calls were correct, but execution held them back.

The true test of a culture is when adversity strikes. It is easy to have a good culture when everything is going well. It is a lot harder when things get tough. All it takes is one negative attitude to start causing cracks.

As others have already alluded to, there are a few players on this team who are in it for themselves. It might be a good idea to let them go on their way, no matter how good they are.

I am a big believer in addition by subtraction. Sometimes a team will improve by leaps and bounds once people who did not fit the culture leave.

I don’t know how this will all pan out- no one does. I think there is a plan, and we have seen glimpses of it.

7 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

It might be a good idea to step back and relax.

As the season went on, we started to become hopeful, many even believing that this team was better than it actually was.

Now many are mad due for a lot of reasons, and the most obvious solution to some is to fire everyone.

We forget that this was always going to be a tough year. Recruiting in the past was poor overall, players were not developed, schemes were not conducive to putting players into the NFL.

Now we do have an overall culture change, with changes in scheme on both sides, and with poorly developed players.

The schemes have been difficult, but they have gotten better. Learning Zone will put McCreary into the 1st round. Some players that start for is probably would not see playing time if they were with Georgia or Alabama. Players have routinely said the play calls were correct, but execution held them back.

The true test of a culture is when adversity strikes. It is easy to have a good culture when everything is going well. It is a lot harder when things get tough. All it takes is one negative attitude to start causing cracks.

As others have already alluded to, there are a few players on this team who are in it for themselves. It might be a good idea to let them go on their way, no matter how good they are.

I am a big believer in addition by subtraction. Sometimes a team will improve by leaps and bounds once people who did not fit the culture leave.

I don’t know how this will all pan out- no one does. I think there is a plan, and we have seen glimpses of it.

I will respectfully disagree about recruiting being bad in the past unless u are referring to last year. They were under developed but food for thought. Even with bad coaching and scheme what allowed Auburn to overcome that.

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I will respectfully disagree about recruiting being bad in the past unless u are referring to last year. They were under developed but food for thought. Even with bad coaching and scheme what allowed Auburn to overcome that.

I would say it’s a combination of a couple of things.    A) the teams weren’t as good last year.   B)it shows that star rankings aren’t an exact science 

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

No worries.

maybe it was overreach to say it has been bad.

a better wording would be sub-optimal.

When I say recruiting has been bad, I am talking about recruiting from an overall approach that addresses and develops needs.

I am not referring to Stars.

But if that is the only thing you disagree with, I am good with that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Didba said:

lmao, how is this on Harsin when Mike Bobo is making the calls losing us games? smh.

Who hired Mike Bobo? This so-called no nonsense head coach made an example of the wide receivers coach by firing him on the spot after the GA State game saying it couldn't wait but decides to allow the OC to continue to do his job  even though he's been terrible at it. Talk about being a hypocrite. If he had any stones, he would have taken over the play calling duties long ago.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Who hired Mike Bobo? This so-called no nonsense head coach made an example of the wide receivers coach by firing him on the spot after the GA State game saying it couldn't wait but decides to allow the OC to continue to do his job  even though he's been terrible at it. Talk about being a hypocrite. If he had any stones, he would have taken over the play calling duties long ago.

I love this post. You are spot on.

The hypocrisy is at an all time high right now......I wonder what will happen after bammer curb stomps Harsin's no-nonsense next weekend.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Dye lost to one of the sorriest Alabama teams in the last 50 years.   It’s hard for some on here to take, but this is Auburn’s MO.   Great for a year or so, good for most years, average some years and stink for a year or two.   It’s Auburn.   There is a reason people say, JABA.  

Know our history as well as most on this board. Don’t get your point.

20 hours ago, Didba said:

Some of y'all are joke...

facts man, most of these guys have never played the game. They can't stop being a fan, and unemotionally evaluate the game/program.  Bobo needs to go but anything beyond that would be Knee jerk and reactionary.

Don’t think you need to have played the game to evaluate the past month….not really complicated. 

I couldve called the game tonight its an easy W. 

Could you have called a second half to win the State game last week? We were beaten by a coach that never played the college game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Don’t think you need to have played the game to evaluate the past month….not really complicated. 

Could you have called a second half to win the State game last week? We were beaten by a coach that never played the college game.

hey man some of these takes were hot after the game.  I am all for fire Bobo and the STs coach rn.  If Harsin doesn't fix the staff he needs to be gone. Fast.  And yeah I could've won the Moo State game if I was the OC and Bo was taken out for Finley as soon as he was hurt.

Also, Mike Leach is a genius and an anomaly. Dude is super smart.  He literally went to law school, passed the bar then said naaaaaaaaaaah think imma coach football instead. I LOVE Mike Leach.

Edited by Didba

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

hey man some of these takes were hot after the game.  I am all for fire Bobo and the STs coach rn.  If Harsin doesn't fix the staff he needs to be gone. Fast.  And yeah I could've won the Moo State game if I was the OC and Bo was taken out for Finley as soon as he was hurt.

Your thinking my way. It became obvious something was going on with Bo. Understand hot after the game. Agree that we have blown two games to folks with equal or less talent?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Your thinking my way. It became obvious something was going on with Bo. Understand hot after the game. Agree that we have blown two games to folks with equal or less talent?

100% blown the games bc of playcalling.

In regard to the OP,  it is certainly true for me.  If all "the good" isn't gone, it's totally disappeared.

And I say this as someone who was high as a kite about him from the end of his first press conference.

I totally understand we don't have the Jimmies and Joes to compete in this conference, particularly along the line of scrimmage.  In fact, my prediction for this year was 6-7 wins.

Close, competitive losses aren't a problem, but I never expected for us to lose the way we are losing - extremely poor coaching. 

I played the game (allbeit 50 years ago).  But I never actually expected to feel I could possibly do better than these professionals being paid insane amounts of money. (Fourth down attempt in your own territory at that point in the game?  And then pass with your RB averaging over 7 yds/carry??  Hell, I could do better than that.

I feel Harsin is owed at least another year - if for no other reason to keep Auburn from looking crazy.  I am done with Bobo. Again, I am smart enough to keep feeding the RBs instead of apparently trying to achieve "balance".

Mason has been a mixed bag.  But even I would have figured out rush rushing 4-5 in the MSU game.  After all, what we are doing was already getting us beat.

Now Harsin's tenure depends on recruiting.  We could have success with that had we kept improving.  But they way we've been losing - points in the second half, bone head game coaching, I am not so sure we can recruit the kind of classes we need.   Same goes for pulling in talent from the transfer portal, which is after all, recruiting.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 4