The Stat to Fire Bobo

AUght2win

21 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Bobo and Friend have to go. Preferably next Sunday morning 

The replacements are going to be the WR coach and then moving pur TE coach to OL.  All Boise.

I'm not sure if thats good or bad

Edited by W.E.D

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

When a handful of us were accused of being Gus lovers or Gus apologists this is the point I (we) were trying to make. Did people actually think Mason was going to do a better job than Kevin Steele? Did people actually think Bobo and Harsinwere going to do a better job then Gus? Now look we’re about to go six and six barely bowl eligible.

I was for letting Gus go because, after about 8 years at Auburn, the program had become mired in mediocrity and it seemed like it was time for a change. And I still believe that and support Harsin. But, it´s hard to deny that Gus at least showed flashes of offensive briliance while at AU. It´s just painful to watch Bobo´s offense, especially the last three games.

48 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Bobo and Friend have to go. Preferably next Sunday morning 

I think they will be. Iron Bowl will be fun for 2 quarters. I bet it’ll be 17-14 Bama at half. It will look just similar to OM, MSU, and USC games. 

Alabama will make adjustments and Auburn won’t score in the second half. Final score 34-14. 

I said this a week ago but without a serviceable Oline it doesn’t matter who the OC is.  Last night also further exposed how deficient Auburn is at WR.  To run a pro style offense it’s going to take a year or 2 of recruits and transfers to get the right personnel.  This offensive transformation from Gus> pro style is going better than 2012 at least.   Bham Bowl here we come!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nurbis said:

Bobo has been much worse. Technically, over the past 4 games, the defense has only had one bad game against MSU unless you want to count the first half of Ole Miss. But Bobo's offense has managed 3 points in the second half of Ole Miss, 3 points the whole game against A&M, 6 points second half of MSU, and 3 points in the last 3 quarters tonight. There are major issues on offense.

Agreed.  I am inclined to give Mason at least another year.

But the stubbornness in rushing just 3 against MASU is baffling.  At some point, you just have to try something different.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

I said this a week ago but without a serviceable Oline it doesn’t matter who the OC is.  

Okay but how does that explain scoring 14 in the first quarter against SC and then 3 the rest of the game, or 28 in the first half against MSU and then 6 the rest of the game, or 28 in the first half against Ole Miss and 3 the rest of the game.  I get it if the offense looks like crap the entire game like we did against A&M but in those games, at least for a brief period, the offense looked like a juggernaut and then nothing. And this isn't the typical scripted drive success Malzahn would have early and then sputter the rest of the game. I feel like something else is going on but I can't explain it. We could argue depth is the issue but that doesn't really fit for the o-line because teams don't really rotate o-line players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nurbis said:

Okay but how does that explain scoring 14 in the first quarter against SC and then 3 the rest of the game, or 28 in the first half against MSU and then 6 the rest of the game, or 28 in the first half against Ole Miss and 3 the rest of the game.  I get it if the offense looks like crap the entire game like we did against A&M but in those games, at least for a brief period, the offense looked like a juggernaut and then nothing. And this isn't the typical scripted drive success Malzahn would have early and then sputter the rest of the game. I feel like something else is going on but I can't explain it. We could argue depth is the issue but that doesn't really fit for the o-line because teams don't really rotate o-line players.

I'd say its the exact same thing that happened under Gus.  The scripted stuff at the beginning of the games works and then the adjustments or lack there of don't work.  NOt running Tank more was a bad coaching call but I saw Finley running for his life a lot more starting in the 2nd quarter than I did to begin the game.  Miss State was a classic example of taking your foot off the gas and not being able to get it restarted formerly known as the Tubbershell.

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I said this a week ago but without a serviceable Oline it doesn’t matter who the OC is.  

A running back can not rush for 164 yards on 22 carries behind a line that isn't serviceable. Our line was more than good enough to win last night. Our coaches kept them from it. Stop deflecting. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

I was for letting Gus go because, after about 8 years at Auburn, the program had become mired in mediocrity and it seemed like it was time for a change. And I still believe that and support Harsin. But, it´s hard to deny that Gus at least showed flashes of offensive briliance while at AU. It´s just painful to watch Bobo´s offense, especially the last three games.

Gus is an average coach. I am not saying you, but this is why Auburn fans can be a bunch of idiots. CBH might not be the guy either, but just because he might not be the guy does not mean the guy prior was the dude to get us to the promise land. Gus will be fired from UCF in the next couple of years. CBH will see the door too if he does not get his act together. We need to stop hiring these safe guys. It seems like Auburn does not want a cut throat guy or a guy who demands complete control of the program. We want a type of coach which is annoying. I think that is what loss Billy Napier to us whom I think will go to UF.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

A running back can not rush for 164 yards on 22 carries behind a line that isn't serviceable. Our line was more than good enough to win last night. Our coaches kept them from it. Stop deflecting. 

I agree. The line was blocking well and Tank had the hot hand last night and for some inexplicable reason, Bobo went away from him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

I agree. The line was blocking well and Tank had the hot hand last night and for some inexplicable reason, Bobo went away from him.

He has this stupid obsession with "balance".  We had 65 plays: 33 runs, 32 passes.  Never mind that Finley wasn't playing well and that Tank was averaging 7 yards per carry, so the game was screaming to pound the rock.  We must be "balanced".

Bobo is a BIG problem folks.  Mason and the D were fine last night.  We held SC to 1-for-9 on 3rd down and just a little over 300 yards total.  That should equal a win.

Bobo and Harsin blew the game with bad play-calling and ill-advised 4th downs.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

I understand. All I’m saying is, Bobo and Mason are Harsin hires. Harsin doesn’t appear to be the right guy. The coaching decisions, playcalling and mistakes have little to do with personnel or waiting for his players etc. just a lot of stupid coaching decisions and playcalling this season. 

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He has this stupid obsession with "balance".  We had 65 plays: 33 runs, 32 passes.  Never mind that Finley wasn't playing well and that Tank was averaging 7 yards per carry, so the game was screaming to pound the rock.  We must be "balanced".

Bobo is a BIG problem folks.  Mason and the D were fine last night.  We held SC to 1-for-9 on 3rd down and just a little over 300 yards total.  That should equal a win.

Bobo and Harsin blew the game with bad play-calling and ill-advised 4th downs.

Exactly, and the stupid playcalling and coaching decisions had nothing to do with personnel or Harsin waiting for his players. It was just stupid coaching!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Yes to both questions. When Steele ran out of Muschamp's players things went south. Absence must make the heart grow fonder on Malzahn's offense because he could play against a good UGA or LSU and not score for 3 weeks. People really are forgetting just how inept we were on offense outside of about 3 seasons. 

Not forgetting at all here. Just thinking Auburn is one of the greatest schools in the country, and we have the people, the schools, the population, the money, the facilities to support that. So why can’t we get one of the best coaches in America? My point, Hardin is not it! Gus wasn’t either especially after Sabin talked the NCAA into changing the rules.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Not forgetting at all here. Just thinking Auburn is one of the greatest schools in the country, and we have the people, the schools, the population, the money, the facilities to support that. So why can’t we get one of the best coaches in America? My point, Hardin is not it! Gus wasn’t either especially after Sabin talked the NCAA into changing the rules.

Yes we are one of the greatest schools, but the facilities for football aren't there yet. 

We can't get one of the best because we can't get out of our own way. The entire world sees our good ole boy, Auburn Man, inferiority complex, etc., and goes somewhere better.

Gus was a good hire. His stubbornness and lack of development cost him. His bubbly personality didn't help. 

Harsin is a good hire on paper, but his stubbornness and lack of recruiting may well cost him and it may be quick. His bubbly personality also may not help. 

Until we can finally get past ourselves, we will be what we are now. Maybe Harsin can get us there, but he's gonna have to move fast.

4 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Yes we are one of the greatest schools, but the facilities for football aren't there yet. 

We can't get one of the best because we can't get out of our own way. The entire world sees our good ole boy, Auburn Man, inferiority complex, etc., and goes somewhere better.

Gus was a good hire. His stubbornness and lack of development cost him. His bubbly personality didn't help. 

Harsin is a good hire on paper, but his stubbornness and lack of recruiting may well cost him and it may be quick. His bubbly personality also may not help. 

Until we can finally get past ourselves, we will be what we are now. Maybe Harsin can get us there, but he's gonna have to move fast.

Like a lot of what you’re saying, and I know I’m repeating myself, but I just see a lot of really stupid coaching decisions this season that have nothing to do with Harsin waiting for his recruits or his personnel etc. don’t forget it was Harsin that hired Bobo and Mason from South Carolina and Vanderbilt no less!

So we have a staff made up of Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Boise State coaches. Had one from the mighty Troy Trojans but he was fired several weeks ago. I just feel that is definitely reason for concern. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by AU-24
Add on

10 hours ago, woodford said:

I think they will be. Iron Bowl will be fun for 2 quarters. I bet it’ll be 17-14 Bama at half. It will look just similar to OM, MSU, and USC games. 

Alabama will make adjustments and Auburn won’t score in the second half. Final score 34-14. 

If we held Alabama to under 50, it’d be an actual miracle. That 2018 team had a better secondary than us currently, and Tua in that second half….

Their OL is legit bad in pass blocking but our pass rush is legit bad. Really the only way we can get keep this semi respectable 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

It’s Gus’s fault Gus didn’t adjust but man, those tempo changes really don’t get talked about enough from neutral media when discussing that guy’s last few years. His spear was taken from him 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

The replacements are going to be the WR coach and then moving pur TE coach to OL.  All Boise.

I'm not sure if thats good or bad

You're probably right. I actually could see Harsin going all Boise after this year and succeeding or failing with his potato gang members. The reasoning is that he's familiar with them and could probably sleep better if he fails with them. If that happens, Jimmy Lake or Schmedding will be DC. Probably Schmedding. Kiesau or maybe Zak Hill will be OC. Bedell will probably be OL, which is not good according to Boise fans. I hope Eason is kept on because I think he has potential

16 minutes ago, au302 said:

You're probably right. I actually could see Harsin going all Boise after this year and succeeding or failing with his potato gang members. The reasoning is that he's familiar with them and could probably sleep better if he fails with them. If that happens, Jimmy Lake or Schmedding will be DC. Probably Schmedding. Kiesau or maybe Zak Hill will be OC. Bedell will probably be OL, which is not good according to Boise fans. I hope Eason is kept on because I think he has potential

What would that mean for recruiting?

15 minutes ago, AUreo said:

What would that mean for recruiting?

Probably not great lol. That being said, not like Bobo, Friend, and Mason are doing anything on the trail. If this happens, I'd hope they emphasize the WC more. We have only targeted Clemons, Agbo, and those two Juco DB's from out west. A chance we get 2/4 there imo. Then, use their midwest connections for OL and TE (Riley-Ducker)

Harsin also had some success with recruiting Samoans while at Boise I believe. Maybe recruit some for the lines and LB? LSU was doing that a couple years ago with some success. Clemons taught us that pulling kids from across the country is very difficult, but I think they'd have to rely on their WC and MW connections more than they are now. There are kids in Cali and the mid-west that would want to come to Auburn (Riley-Ducker, Agbo, the Juco Db's). Question is how talented are they.

And yes, they'd have to somehow keep emphasizing our backyard. Recruiting WC exclusively is not the formula. And also yes, I am probably a moron for thinking this would have any type of chance for success and am laughing as I type this

Edited by au302
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I doubt facilities do much for you these days unless you have Oregon-level facilities…(and they are upgrading once again). It’s just a must-have but NIL is currently a difference maker. If you don’t have nice facilities it will hurt you but many schools have nice facilities nowadays. Bama of course, UGA just upgraded, Florida and TAMU also starting to build new facilities soon,etc.

I think hiring Gus made sense at the time. Hiring Harsin was a decision made by the AD and had nothing to do with resources, etc.

11 minutes ago, au302 said:

Probably not great lol. That being said, not like Bobo, Friend, and Mason are doing anything on the trail. If this happens, I'd hope they emphasize the WC more. We have only targeted Clemons, Agbo, and those two Juco DB's from out west. A chance we get 2/4 there imo. Then, use their midwest connections for OL and TE (Riley-Ducker)

Harsin also had some success with recruiting Samoans while at Boise I believe. Maybe recruit some for the lines and LB? LSU was doing that a couple years ago with some success. Clemons taught us that pulling kids from across the country is very difficult, but I think they'd have to rely on their WC and MW connections more than they are now. There are kids in Cali and the mid-west that would want to come to Auburn (Riley-Ducker, Agbo, the Juco Db's). Question is how talented are they.

It’s already happening. Many WC kids receiving offers from AU now (esp. 2024 but also 2023 class). Most of these WC recruits are located in CA, WA, and UT including a number of Pacific Islanders. Won’t be easy to recruit against USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame, BYU, Utah, Oklahoma in these areas…

• Like 1