Tank’s Post

WarEagleHunter1221

The brains of this outfit baffle brighter minds than mine. Any time we have played a team with a decent defense we have trouble running the football. Last night we are having great success but yet, we go awày from it.

Has anyone heard any kind of explanation on that WTF kind of call was that on fourth and one?

Just now, milehighfan said:

The brains of this outfit baffle brighter minds than mine. Any time we have played a team with a decent defense we have trouble running the football. Last night we are having great success but yet, we go awày from it.

Has anyone heard any kind of explanation on that WTF kind of call was that on fourth and one?

He said in his post game presser: 

“Felt like in practice, that play was a good play for us, and we felt like it was a good opportunity there to be aggressive and take that shot opportunity.”

it was his call lol

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

“Felt like in practice, that play was a good play for us, and we felt like it was a good opportunity there to be aggressive and take that shot opportunity.”

it was his call lol

I feel better now. It was like they drew it up in the dirt and no one had a clue as to what they were supposed to do. 

1 minute ago, Taco said:

it was his call lol

That explanation is pretty disturbing. He's clueless. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Taco said:

it was his call lol

I heard a few swear Harsin doesn’t have a say in play calling. This can’t be true

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

I heard a few swear Harsin doesn’t have a say in play calling. This can’t be true

He's the boss. If he doesn't have a say then there are even worse problems going on than we thought. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He's the boss. If he doesn't have a say then there are even worse problems going on than we thought. 

I don’t want to get into name calling because most of us are probably pretty heated. The thing is CBH has apologized for bad coaching at Boise as well they are a few articles on the net. Pretty much all the coaches in the west has prior experience in the SEC and Leach has Power 5 experience. I just though when CBH was hired he really had no clue on the task at hand. All we can do is see what happens next

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

Again I’m out of likes. But if I could I would love this post, print it off, and mail this every time somebody says the contrary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

I've been adamant that CBH gets three years, but *IF* Tank transfers his seat will be on fire next year. Don't give me this "no player is bigger than the team" diatribe. When you run off a player of Tank's caliber because you aren't utilizing him, I have no sympathy.

More like Bobo has to go. He was already a questionable hire from the start. Bobo couldn't even last at his alma mater. Both of our coordinators need to be fired after the season. We're complaining about the same things UGA did during his time there. 

• Like 1

Harsin has been depicted as a very rigid person and I’ve definitely seen that in his handling of the transfer/snap dynamic. Not that Gus was good at it (Asa Martin), but I was hoping the next hire would be more modern and understand how these things work. 0 snaps for DD, multiple games being lost on the back of our passing game instead of riding out the RB duo. 

I felt like it was a bad omen when he was really exuberating a lot of joy getting himself going even after multiple regressive passing plays (like the celebration was after an inc). The example I’m thinking of was late 3rd 

this game felt like a guy who has made his mind and is trying to show his value for the next squad 

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Didn’t they pose this as a combination of their two ideologies? I don’t know how you’d have a marriage of offenses without Harsin implementing his own plays. There’s no way the guy hasn’t called a play when he has clearly initiated multiple game changing 4th down attempts. It just doesn’t fit his background or the concept of a collaborative offensive design  

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

I've been adamant that CBH gets three years, but *IF* Tank transfers his seat will be on fire next year. Don't give me this "no player is bigger than the team" diatribe. When you run off a player of Tank's caliber because you aren't utilizing him, I have no sympathy.

Run off????  Come on man, the guy is gonna play in the nfl no matter where he plays in college.   He played really well last night and not sure why he hasn’t run that way all year.   Could he have been utilized better? Of course, but if, he chooses to leave, it’s all on him and he is wanting to leave.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Run off????  Come on man, the guy is gonna play in the nfl no matter where he plays in college.   He played really well last night and not sure why he hasn’t run that way all year.   Could he have been utilized better? Of course, but if, he chooses to leave, it’s all on him and he is wanting to leave.   

He's been hurt.  He has played with a badly bruised foot and it has just now gotten ALMOST 100% healed.

Anyone see tank last night when the camera focused on him while sitting down? Even the commentators figured it out. Tank was obviously upset and said clear as day " This Aint Right" 

37 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Anyone see tank last night when the camera focused on him while sitting down? Even the commentators figured it out. Tank was obviously upset and said clear as day " This Aint Right" 

Yeah it was right after the failed 4th down conversion. 

7 hours ago, e808 said:

If Auburn is competitive he might be ok. Then there’s the two game home win streak against Bama. Might as well go for broke. Nothing to lose

tackle-eligible jump passes on 4th-and-1?

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

Just wondering how not utilizing Tank looks like from your perspective against USCe.

6 hours ago, Taco said:

it was his call lol

Why the **** do we need to take a shot on 4th and 1.

That isn't a "take a shot" down

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

He had 23 targets/carries. He had a great night. Can’t say he was underutilized because we didn’t call his number on 1play. Needs to be about the team getting better IMO.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Taco said:

it was his call lol

He as in Harsin said this? or Bobo said it?

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

He had 23 targets/carries. He had a great night. Can’t say he was underutilized because we didn’t call his number on 1play. Needs to be about the team getting better IMO.

He was underutilized on the last 2 drives. No reason for anyone else to touch the ball unless it was 3rd and long.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

He was underutilized on the last 2 drives. No reason for anyone else to touch the ball unless it was 3rd and long.

I think that is a over simplification of the situation.

6 hours ago, Taco said:

Felt like in practice, that play was a good play for us, and we felt like it was a good opportunity there to be aggressive and take that shot opportunity.”

it was his call lol

In practice, against our defense? Imagine that.  🤔

• Haha 1