Tank’s Post

WarEagleHunter1221

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think that is a over simplification of the situation.

Normally I’d agree, but in this case it was really was as simple as not asking TJ to drop back on 1st down when your stud running back is making plays nearly every carry.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Normally I’d agree, but in this case it was really was as simple as not asking TJ to drop back on 1st down when your stud running back is making plays nearly every carry.

Well, obviously you and I didn’t watch the same game.   I saw Tank picking up yards between the 20’s but when it got down inside 10, besides the first two drives, them stopping us or Auburn self imploding.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Definitely. Would be in an even better position transferring to UGA after this year because their top two backs will go pro. Have been feeling pessimistic about it since Penn State. 

Dude if he goes to The Dwags and puts it on us next year, I'm done. That's it, that's my limit with Auburn football.  One of the only stars we had this year and we'd let him go to a rival. The rival I absolutely loathe at that. Fml. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Well, obviously you and I didn’t watch the same game.   I saw Tank picking up yards between the 20’s but when it got down inside 10, besides the first two drives, them stopping us or Auburn self imploding.   

We didn’t get to the red zone at the end of the game.  My beef is that we were wearing their D down and with 5 minutes go it was the perfect time to march down almost exclusively with Tank. I firmly believe that was his moment to carry the team on his shoulders like we’ve seen past AU running backs do.  

Bobo obviously thought Tank did a great job setting us up to take advantage of our putrid passing game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Dude if he goes to The Dwags and puts it on us next year, I'm done. That's it, that's my limit with Auburn football.  One of the only stars we had this year and we'd let him go to a rival. The rival I absolutely loathe at that. Fml. 

That would definitely be one big ole kick to the Auburn nuts if that comes to fruition.

6 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Same! I won’t watch another football game. Between the horrible refs, stupid rules, and our rivals being unmatched powerhouses, I’m pretty much there already. It’s not even fun anymore.

• Like 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Same! I won’t watch another football game. Between the horrible refs, stupid rules, and our rivals being unmatched powerhouses, I’m pretty much there already. It’s not even fun anymore.

Not giving your players a fighting chance doesn't help us a whole lot either.  We've clearly got talent and depth issues but the baffling coaching decisions compound the problems.  We're definitely in a perilous junction in Auburn history with no clear leadership or direction to get us out of it without a lot of pain and embarrassment over the next few years.

He’s got one more year before he can declare for the draft.   Pretty short sighted move if he bails to go sit out a year, play somewhere else for a season, then go to the league.  

I don’t blame him one bit for being pissed, but the big picture matters.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

I feel the same. It may just be me being a pessimist and a worrier. I just HATE UGA and that sounds like something that would happen. 

• Like 1

I mean, Tank isn't wrong. He was tearing it up, and auburn's oc was calling a balanced offense with a backup qb. Bobo and Mason need to be on the hot seat. As bad of a coach as Gus was, we would have won if he was still here. Gus would have given Tank 35 carries.

36 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

He’s got one more year before he can declare for the draft.   Pretty short sighted move if he bails to go sit out a year, play somewhere else for a season, then go to the league.  

It’s not guaranteed that he will sit. He could ask for a waiver.

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I feel the same. It may just be me being a pessimist and a worrier. I just HATE UGA and that sounds like something that would happen. 

If that happens and I don’t think it will at least it will get rid of some of the idiot posters on this site…😜

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Taco said:

He said in his post game presser: 

“Felt like in practice, that play was a good play for us, and we felt like it was a good opportunity there to be aggressive and take that shot opportunity.”

it was his call lol

Of course it worked in practice, they were going against our defense 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

I thought instant-eligibility after a transfer was a 1-year deal because of Covid-19?

I try to pay attention to things NCAA, and as far as I know, the "first transfer without sitting out" rule is permanent and in no way related to Covid. A player's 2nd and any subsequent transfers,  he has to sit out a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

He had 23 targets/carries. He had a great night. Can’t say he was underutilized because we didn’t call his number on 1play. Needs to be about the team getting better IMO.

His number also wasn't called on the most critical drive of the game. 5 passes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’ve been saying this for weeks. Tank ain’t staying here. This is what happens when you f around. We are going the Tennessee route. 

We are about 3 bad coaching hires before we get to UT.  Our recruiting will drive us further towards ur tho

1 hour ago, MCPeePants said:

I thought instant-eligibility after a transfer was a 1-year deal because of Covid-19?

No. Players can transfer once without sitting out. It's a good rule and the players deserve options

1 hour ago, AUFlyer99 said:

He doesn't have to sit out. He can transfer and be eligible immediately to any team in the country

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’ve been saying this for weeks. Tank ain’t staying here. This is what happens when you f around. We are going the Tennessee route. 

I said this last year when everyone was wanting to fire Gus. Wouldn't surprise me if Harsin leaves for Udub.

So the question is what is supposed to change for next season. Does he try and use more of his guys to build like have Grenier start and take his lumps (which is highly doubtful but just saying). Pretty much all of the receivers and tight ends aren’t his recruits. Just trying to be rational most of his guys will be just getting their feet wet in year 3 which in theory year 4 is it if Auburn is willing to be patient 

1 hour ago, creed said:

If that happens and I don’t think it will at least it will get rid of some of the idiot posters on this site…😜

We're not leaving this place that quickly.

• Like 1