Tank’s Post

WarEagleHunter1221

3 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I don’t see him transferring. Too much downside.  Get to another school and they have an up and coming  stud and you find yourself getting few carries…..certainly a possibility at UGA.  Plus he’s a team player. More than likely he was just venting like the rest of us. But, serious question, when has a true RB1 from a good program, hit the transfer portal? I literally don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. I think a couple of QB1s from mediocre, declining programs, have transferred but has a true RB one ever transferred?

Michigan State RB.

Tank has no reason to transfer if he is focused on the NFL. If he wants to win a national title, however, sure. But transferring or sitting out next year won't help him for his future profession. He's already set wherever he plays football next fall, regardless of their team's record.

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Tank has no reason to transfer if he is focused on the NFL. If he wants to win a national title, however, sure. But transferring or sitting out next year won't help him for his future profession. He's already set wherever he plays football next fall, regardless of their team's record.

I don’t think he would have to sit out…apparently NCAA passed a 1 time free transfer rule this spring.

Can somebody confirm this?

2 minutes ago, AUreo said:

I don’t think he would have to sit out…apparently NCAA passed a 1 time free transfer rule this spring.

Yes. Each athlete can transfer 1 time without having to sit out a year. After the first transfer then they must wait a year for to play

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUreo said:

I mean sitting out as in resting for the pros.

4 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

If he’s seriously upset about getting over 20 touches in a game then he is not a team player and the last thing this team needs is a bunch of Is only in it for themselves. That type of attitude is an absolute cancer. Hoping that’s not the case. If it is we are better without him (even though he is certainly talented). Playing in the SEC requires teamwork and supporting each other. ANYONE who isn’t up for that I’m happy to see them leave after the season is over. Period. 

Do you seriously think the reason he was upset was because he wasn’t getting the game stats he felt he deserved?

Edited by PigskinPat

8 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Do you seriously think the reason he was upset was because he wasn’t getting the game stats he felt he deserved?

This. I think it was more he felt he gave us the best chance of winning. And if that's what he was thinking. I was and still do agree with him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I don’t see him transferring. Too much downside.  Get to another school and they have an up and coming  stud and you find yourself getting few carries…..certainly a possibility at UGA.  Plus he’s a team player. More than likely he was just venting like the rest of us. But, serious question, when has a true RB1 from a good program, hit the transfer portal? I literally don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. I think a couple of QB1s from mediocre, declining programs, have transferred but has a true RB one ever transferred?

The transfer portal has changed the transfer game.

11 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Who besides Michael Dyer had Tank’s kind of impact on the field? And Dyer flamed out because of his personal issues.

Brandon Jacobs is one I can think of. He went to Northern Illinois after Auburn.

5 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

Brandon Jacobs is one I can think of. He went to Northern Illinois after Auburn.

Brandon Jacobs ended up being a heck of a back, but he did not have a huge impact on the field while he was at Auburn. Brandon was the third string running back and left because of playing time because he had the huge misfortune of being at Auburn at the same time Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams. 

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

He doesn't have to sit out a year.  He can go play immediately for any team in the country.

Edit: Saw your follow up and agree on purely sitting out.  That will do him no favors.  Regarding transferring to another team, I think that's 50/50 if it could help him or not.  Some risk going to an unknown....but also if he's staying here and see his OL become even worse in his final year, kid has to make a business decision for himself.  People will get mad and cry family/quitter/etc, but this is a bigger financial decision than nearly anyone on this board will ever make.  He's gotta do what is best for him

Edited by W.E.D

Guest MustardSeed
10 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I have no idea obviously. But this is what people on here are suggesting.  I don’t know which is why I said “if”

Tank had 22 carries and gained 164 yards. He was upset because we lost, as was everybody else associated with the program. I see no need for the transfer talk, it's beyond silly.

• Like 2