Giving Coach Harsin a pass this season

tbone4jc

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Im sure your "giving" him a pass while brushing doritos off your belly is important to coach harsin. There are some folks with seriously delusional self images on this board.

What the heck does that even mean?  I hope that is not meant as an insult.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Gave up 6 TD drives in a row 😂😂😂

Name a team that stopped Moo State that Isn't named bama.  Ill wait bc you can't. No one stopped Moo state. if you expected us to shut them out you are an idiot.  What did you think was gonna happen to the defense when the offense couldn't stay on the field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

What the heck does that even mean?  I hope that is not meant as an insult.

It was meant as an insult and its a bad one a that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

And this is something to taken seriously.   Lol

Right back at you homes. Lol

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Okay let's do this and don't run from this 

USCe averages 23 points a game. The defense gave up 21 ppg. You really want to blame the defense for the offense only putting up 17 points on a team that gives up on average 23 points per game? Vandy put up more points on USCe than we did.

The defense held every single SEC team we faced below their average PPG except Mississippi State.

The defense is in the top half of in rushing defense and scoring defense in the SEC. They are pitiful at passing defense and yards of course par bend don't break

The offense is in the bottom half in every metric of the conference statistically. But you are saying both the defense and the offense are on the same footing and you are calling me a liar? 

YES DAG, hold these dudes to the ACTUAL stats!

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Name a team that stopped Moo State that Isn't named bama.  Ill wait bc you can't. No one stopped Moo state. if you expected us to shut them out you are an idiot.  What did you think was gonna happen to the defense when the offense couldn't stay on the field.

Before they played us they were ranked SEVENTY FIRST in scoring offense. But what do I know. I’m just an idiot 😂

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

I don't think it's as much stopping them is it is not holding them to their average at least. Especially at home. We win it we hold them to their 31. 

Sure the offense faltered in a big way, but 34 should always be enough to win a game. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

There are some irrationally angry folks on this thread trying for some reason to prove the defense is good. Here’s the “facts” for year over from last year. 
Defense PPG ranking 

Offense PPG ranking

Whats the moral of the story?  The offense has improved, the defense has gotten worse and they both stink terribly.  I can’t even begin to fathom why there are people getting heated defending either of these  THEY BOTH SUCK  THATS THE FACTS  😂

18 minutes ago, Didba said:

They have four losses so somebody stopped them. Hell, they lost to LSU and a 5-6 Memphis team. Oh, they can score points but that defense is a train wreck and all Auburn could muster in the 2nd half was a consolation TD when the game was done and dusted. 

20 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

There are some irrationally angry folks on this thread trying for some reason to prove the defense is good. Here’s the “facts” for year over from last year. 
Defense PPG ranking 

Offense PPG ranking

Whats the moral of the story?  The offense has improved, the defense has gotten worse and they both stink terribly.  I can’t even begin to fathom why there are people getting heated defending either of these  THEY BOTH SUCK  THATS THE FACTS  😂

Bad facts tbh when half the players on that defense arent here anymore smh. Offense has improved we all know that lmao. We are talking bout playcalling

21 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Defense PPG ranking 

Offense PPG ranking

We arent saying the defense is good we are saying moo state was gonna do that to us regardless of how good the defense was lmao

38 minutes ago, Didba said:

YES DAG, hold these dudes to the ACTUAL stats!

Did you think we would bowl them over with points with a back up QB (yes there was a reason he was a backup) and a walk-in kicker?

3 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Bring in Ogeron has Defensive coordinator.

No thanks. Heck of a recruiter though. He's gonna take some time away to get his life back to whatever order he considers normal from what I understand.

13 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Bring in Ogeron has Defensive coordinator.

Hell no. If anything he could be like an assistant HC in title but not actually do anything. He can recruit but he shouldn’t be coordinating or coaching anything 

22 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Did you think we would bowl them over with points with a back up QB (yes there was a reason he was a backup) and a walk-in kicker?

lmao not bowl them over, but the playcalling was terrible, with better playcalling we win easily.

I’m holding Harsin accountable for this season, but I don’t want him to be fired. I recognize that Gus left the cupboard kind of empty last year since his recruiting class was abysmal. And that left Harsin somewhat handicapped with this year’s team. But I do think Harsin is responsible for what is being put onto the field now, and he is responsible for recruiting now. He’s had a year now. We should be higher than 13th in the conference or whatever it is. What’s gonna make or break his tenure here is his recruiting. 

I think firing him would be super foolish since we are still paying Gus, and coaches don’t seem to want to come here anyway. I’ll give Harsin his chances, but he’s still on the hook for this season. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

They have four losses so somebody stopped them. Hell, they lost to LSU and a 5-6 Memphis team. Oh, they can score points but that defense is a train wreck and all Auburn could muster in the 2nd half was a consolation TD when the game was done and dusted. 

Wow, way to show you don't know what you are talking about.  It was a good try though, bud. Only one team in their 4 losses stopped them. Bama. The other teams they lost to did not stop them.  Each of those teams gave up 400+ yards BUT they won the turnover battle allowing them to win the game. so that refutes your first point entirely.

However, I agree with your second point so carry on.

Edited by Didba

2 hours ago, DAG said:

There is no objective criteria. I get everyone wants to s*** on the defense and I will too when it is warranted. However, my biggest concern is the Jeckyl and Hyde crap going on. I am also deeply concern that we have an offensive mind coach and we go blank in the second half. 3 points to Ole miss, 3 points to USCe, 0 points to the Aggies, 6 against Mississippi State .  That is a major issue. But of course we need fall guys. 

Great take here

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Exactly, we know and it isn't rooted in logic. The point is the defense did more than enough to ensure a win based on the stats and averages of performances by both teams. To say this is an utter failure of the defense is simply based on your "ole eyeball metric." Who utterly failed was our offense based on their yearly average metrics. IF USCe is not a good team, why did the offense only put up a whopping 17 points against them, which is significantly lower than their normal output? The logic here is clueless.  Our defense typically gives up 22 ppg (Which is top four in the SEC btw). So you are saying the defense should've played better by their standard, while it is totally okay for the offense to be putrid? Since they didn't do that, it was an utter failure?

What you fail to see is that everything I wrote is my opinion.   Just like what you just wrote is your opinion.    All that you wrote, the opposite could be said in the same manner.    See how you do that.   It’s all just opinion 

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

What you fail to see is that everything I wrote is my opinion.   Just like what you just wrote is your opinion.    All that you wrote, the opposite could be said in the same manner.    See how you do that.   It’s all just opinion 

Hahah what alright guy. 

9 hours ago, Didba said:

You act like a turnover is not a stop.  Take away the Bama game, it only took the other teams 31 points to beat MSU.  

Guest MustardSeed
8 hours ago, Didba said:

We arent saying the defense is good we are saying moo state was gonna do that to us regardless of how good the defense was lmao

The stats show that MSU was SEVENTY FIRST in PPG before playing us as I’ve pointed out. If a team 71st in PPG was guaranteed to put up over 40 on you…it’s time to change it right?  Those are the facts. Not sure why people can’t comprehend them 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

The pass is in the contract. I have no confidence in the future though. These last two games had little to do with players. we got out coached. We would be better off with Gus this year. 

That's fine but I see it the other way. When I see a offensive lineman pull (time and time again) and just whiff on the first man that shows I go what the hell. Or a linebacker totally totally make the wrong read or a defensive line that can't get a push (actually gets pushed) I go what the hell. No coach can play the game for the players. Also, I think some fans think we have better players than other teams (for instance MSU) but I just don't see it. If you think so, outside of Tank, what players do you think we have better than MSU. 

We need to recruit and I mean recruit hard.

Edited by creed