Iron Bowl Score Prediction

Proud Tiger

uat.   45

AU.    21

Harsin postgame comments:  “We’re gonna watch the film, make some corrections, and get ready for the Birmingham Bowl against UCF.”

14 minutes ago, dilligas said:

uat.   45

AU.    21

Harsin postgame comments:  “We’re gonna watch the film, make some corrections, and get ready for the Birmingham Bowl against UCF.”

Maybe he can call Gus for pointers because I think that is one of the only bowl games that Gus actually won. 

• Like 1

Bama 34 - Auburn 17

I'd 100% call for the Auburn win if Bo was starting.  Sad he won't get to play this game at JHS again.  2019 was a lot of fun.

Edited by Win4AU
  • Like 1

AU wins 38-34

Here's how it happens.  Auburn called for targeting third play of the game (I had to get that in there), Alabama moves the ball at will and leads 24-0 at halftime.  Saban feels the ghost of JHS in the second half and begins to self-destruct as usual.  Bama's QB gets rattled after a couple of sacks and throws a pick six.  The change of momentum inspires Auburn's offense.  Finley starts completing passes and Tank starts running like a man possessed.   Auburn brings the game to within a field goal late in the 4th quarter.   Bama looks to run out the clock but inexplicably throws an out route that results in another pick six and an Auburn victory.  Saban says "JHS is the devil" and walks out of his post game press conference.  That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

So their entire starting lineup caught Covid or something?

Greased the railroad tracks and they had to walk several miles.

Oh wait, that was Georgia Tech. 

• Thanks 1

Let me put it this way: Bryce Young is done by half time, and their back up starts the third quarter. Then his back up takes over for the fourth quarter. Same for all their starters. In fact, by the time the fourth quarter is over, they’ve subbed in relatives and fans to finish out the game.

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Maybe he can call Gus for pointers because I think that is one of the only bowl games that Gus actually won

Sadly, he lost to UCF too...but you're right he did win the Birmingham Bowl one year didn't he?

Edited by johnnyAU

2 hours ago, e808 said:

It this turns into a Tubs final iron bowl beat down. How would everyone’s patience level be. 

Patience is all we have left after the piss poor showing in the last 3 losses.  I'm as indifferent as I was this time last year.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Bama 34 - Auburn 17

I'd 100% call for the Auburn win if Bo was starting.  Sad he won't get to play this game at JHS again.  2019 was a lot of fun.

He would absolutely pull off one of those scramble plays. I have zero faith in TJ Finley this weekend. Hope I’m proved wrong. 

I think Auburn might be able to run it at times. I don’t trust our leadership in this game. I don’t think they’ll have them ready because only a couple of them have Iron Bowl experience. If the DSOR was an appetizer, Saturday is going to be the main dish for CBH. He is about to find out the hard way. 

48 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

I think bama is getting a lot more love than they deserve. FL and LSU both dang near beat them - have have since fired their coaches. aTm did beat them. Arky played them tough and hung in. Kiffin basically scored for them. I have no problem taking the points in this game. I doubt a butt-whoopin by any means, but fall short of thinking we win. 24-31 with a shot that falls short in the 4th quarter.

That's a great thought, and I could almost be convinced of the "31" next to Bama. I just don't see the "24" next to Auburn being realistic. But good luck if you're dropping a buck on the points!

16 minutes ago, AUGREG89 said:

AU wins 38-34

Here's how it happens.  Auburn called for targeting third play of the game (I had to get that in there), Alabama moves the ball at will and leads 24-0 at halftime.  Saban feels the ghost of JHS in the second half and begins to self-destruct as usual.  Bama's QB gets rattled after a couple of sacks and throws a pick six.  The change of momentum inspires Auburn's offense.  Finley starts completing passes and Tank starts running like a man possessed.   Auburn brings the game to within a field goal late in the 4th quarter.   Bama looks to run out the clock but inexplicably throws an out route that results in another pick six and an Auburn victory.  Saban says "JHS is the devil" and walks out of his post game press conference.  That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.  🙂

That's your best post so far.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Since 2001, Auburn has only really been destroyed twice at home by Alabama. 2001 and 2011. Guess we’re due for the 10 year butt whooping 

Hmmmmm. Easily similar to Bodi and the 50 year storm. 

Prediction - AU comes up short by at least 1 point. 😀

I will be shocked if Auburn scores more than 13.   Alabama will probably score in the 40’s, or if Auburn completely goes in the tank, they will get in the 50’s.  

44-10 bama.  Mid way through season I really thought we could keep it close. If BO was playing I might make it 44-24 not that Bo is better than TJ but bama's D has at times had some issues with mobile QB's. My real fear is the bama O and our D. We can't get pressure on QB's and Young with time will pick you apart. If we do get pressure on Young he is very mobile and will buy time to throw or pick up good yardage with his legs. Over last few games, teams have realized if they isolate Simpson he is not our best cover man. bama has great WR's and a great TE, a very good O-line and RB's.  If we give Simpson help that leaves other players on an island against the bama WR's who will get open because you can only cover a great receiver for a limited amount of time before he will get open.

I am usually a bit of a sunshine pumper and I really want to be positive as my youngest son bought tickets for game so I will be there with one of my best friend's who lives in Auburn area and there is nothing I would like to do more than get an opportunity to roll Toomers corner. 

Here is hoping I don't know what I am talking about and that we find a way to beat bama.

War Eagle 

If we run Tank and Hunter a lot it will be a good game. If we resort to the last 2 games I'll be turning the channel at halftime...War Eagle and IGTBAAT. 

uat 41 - AU 3 because the BOT's have already made the teams agree to keep everything inbounds and the timekeeper bleeds clock conspicuously. Else, it might get out of hand. 

But, as likely as any other miracles proscribed above, AU wins 3 -2, causing the message boards to start to become conflicted over Mason. Rumplestiltskin fractures his new hip in tirades. 😆

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

That's a great thought, and I could almost be convinced of the "31" next to Bama. I just don't see the "24" next to Auburn being realistic. But good luck if you're dropping a buck on the points!

I am almost relying on the fact that we have had a chance to win every last game we have played this season when entering the 4th quarter. In what has turned out to be a disappointing season after beating Ole Miss I need something to cheer for if I don't expect a win. This is not the same bama team they have had in years past. They have a stud at LB who will affect the game at some point but the defense as a whole is not a brick wall. We just have to avoid a scoop and score when Anderson gets his nearly inevitable sack.