Iron Bowl Score Prediction

Proud Tiger

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Tom Ritter had our number at JH in 2015.

Yes that was the game where the holding was so blatant and Muschamp got flagged after saying “ we just want a fair  game” among other things. The help from the refs for bammer in the Iron Bowl goes all the way to the call on Gossom being out of bounds to take away our touchdown. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wde21 said:

Yes that was the game where the holding was so blatant and Muschamp got flagged after saying “ we just want a fair  game” among other things. The help from the refs for bammer in the Iron Bowl goes all the way to the call on Gossom being out of bounds to take away our touchdown. 

Muschamp was insane that game. I loved it. 

• Like 1

Zackoby McClain with 5 pick sixes, Auburn goes for two each time, gets two of them = 32

Bama scores on the four drives that aren’t pick sixes, goes for two on the last one, but doesn’t get the ball back as Tank runs out the clock= 29

30 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Zackoby McClain with 5 pick sixes, Auburn goes for two each time, gets two of them = 32

Bama scores on the four drives that aren’t pick sixes, goes for two on the last one, but doesn’t get the ball back as Tank runs out the clock= 29

Please tell me math wasn’t your major 🧑🏼‍🎓

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, AUstere said:

Please tell me math wasn’t your major 🧑🏼‍🎓

That’s the point. Even with instant replay, Auburn gets screwed again. Fortunately, we win any way.

3 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Just once before I die I would love to see Auburn beat them like a red headed step child with freckles.

So you’re saying you weren’t alive in 1957?

11 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

No reason to think Auburn will win this game, but that's why we will 😂

Auburn - 31

Bama - 24

And Harsin will be hailed as a genius who lulled Saban into complacency.

Q1 - AU 21 Updykes 3
Q2 - AU 31 Updykes 10
Q3 - AU 34 Updykes 17
Q4 - AU 37 Updykes 34   while  saban's  injuring list adds  1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1DE, 1LB, 2CB...

No reason to think Auburn will win this game at all, but that's why we will get so close

Edited by aucat

6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Just once before I die I would love to see Auburn beat them like a red headed step child with freckles.

That's gonna be a tough ticket. 2017 game had one of the wider margin of victory for Auburn at 12 points, 26-14, thank you CGM but other than that I don't recall in my 54 trips around the sun where Auburn just absolutely layed the wood to them so much that we cleared the bench and everyone got to play in the game.  It would be enjoyable though.

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/opponent-history/university-of-alabama/1

Edited by SRBautigerfan

I don't actually think we will even come close to winning but I'll go ahead and make my first prediction this year and say we will by a FG 24-21 AU 😎 and our new kicker will go down a hero and Harsin will too 🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

That's gonna be a tough ticket. 2017 game had one of the wider margin of victory for Auburn at 12 points, 26-14, thank you CGM but other than that I don't recall in my 54 trips around the sun where Auburn just absolutely layed the wood to them so much that we cleared the bench and everyone got to play in the game.  It would be enjoyable though.

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/opponent-history/university-of-alabama/1

It could have easily happened in 2005 but Tubby took his foot off the gas.  Game was 28-7 at the half.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 12:49 PM, sevenlee36 said:

Don’t really care, but hope the players do

I’m debating not watching. I sat through 2008, 2012, 2018 and 2020, knowing the outcomes. But those were all road games. The home games we usually show up, but not this time. Can’t stomach watching us get bludgeoned at home. 

• Like 1

42 -27 Auburn, absent Auburn turnovers.

Reference our not great performance that still handled an Arkansas roster that gave Bama all it could handle IN Tuscaloosa. Bama's D is just as flakey as our O line.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:02 PM, wde21 said:

Yes that was the game where the holding was so blatant and Muschamp got flagged after saying “ we just want a fair  game” among other things.

There is still shrapnel of Carl Lawson’s jersey sprinkled about Pat Dye Field. 

On 11/23/2021 at 9:56 PM, TexasTiger said:

So you’re saying you weren’t alive in 1957?

Yeah but I was only four years old. And I would like to see Auburn do it more than once every forty years

Acidic Algae Bloom scores early and often and we're playing their bench in the second half. 

Good guys lose big but not by enough to fire Harsin. 

Scum: 56  -  Heroes: 13

I mean, really, why sugar-coat it or dig into my dwindling stash of hopium for this game?  

This should be a good matchup for the Iron Bowl..

333.png&h=110&w=1102.png&h=110&w=110

Alabama WR Jameson Williams vs. Auburn CB Roger McCreary

Matchup: Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS

Williams has thrived as the top target for the Crimson Tide since transferring from Ohio State earlier this year. After a three-touchdown performance against Arkansas, Williams became the first player in program history to have four touchdown receptions of 75-plus yards in a single season. An explosive route runner at multiple levels of the field, he has played himself firmly into the first-round discussion. The Crimson Tide's go-to target is tied for second in the country in touchdown receptions (13). He also ranks in the top five in yards after the catch (557) while also being one of only 12 players averaging at least 20 yards per catch (20.6, ninth best in the FBS).

Williams ranks in the top 15 in both Kiper's and McShay's rankings, and I slotted him to the Bills with the 30th pick in my latest mock draft.

This matchup with McCreary has the potential to be the best positional battle of the Iron Bowl. The Tigers cornerback, who I projected to the Bucs at No. 27 in my mock draft, has held his own in coverage this season, allowing a 48.1% completion rate on throws when he's the nearest defender in coverage. This is a loaded cornerback class, and McCreary has a chance to be one of the best. Williams is a receiver unlike anything that McCreary has faced so far this season, however, because of Williams' versatility. The Alabama target will test him vertically while also being able to attack the underneath areas.