My fear is it's too quiet

AUght2win

On 11/25/2021 at 10:02 AM, Gr82batigr said:
I doubt our team heard this kind of pep talk last week when the zero to zero reference was preached by our HC.  Some coaches just know what motivates their players more than other. The audio puts it out in a better perspective….

Leaked Audio: Kirby Smart's halftime speech at Florida
Views
Nov 16

This audio is supposedly from Kirby Smart's halftime speech vs Florida. Language warning!! Transcript: "I still remember, like yesterday, walking out this b*tch at the half. The look and the feeling I had, looking at Tyson, looking at Stokes, looking at those guys…You know what guys? This is our f*ckin year, this is our f*ckin year and we do it by how we play. It’s zero to f*ckin zero and you make ‘em never want to play again. All that sh*t they’re talking - I love it Jamaree – you didn’t say sh*t. You don’t say sh*t to ‘em, you just laugh and point at the scoreboard. Let me get a picture JD, point at the f*ckin scoreboard. DON’T SAY SH*T to their undisciplined a$$. Because we are, WE ARE DISCIPLINED! And our asses are gonna kick the f*ckin sh*t out of ‘em, physically! Physically I want to break ‘em, I’m talkin’ bout f*ckin break these b*tches on defense and offense.”

I wish for once Auburn had a HC this intense. Georgia is not stopping anytime soon.  

Guest MustardSeed
On 11/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, AUght2win said:

I'm just afraid Harsin won't pull that trigger. The Boise fans have said he will keep assistants for spite. We'll see if it's true. Man, I do NOT want Gus 2.0.

Dude literally fired a coach mid season 😂

31 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Position coaches really are expendable if they aren't elite recruiting vets. Coach Corn had virtually no resume. Let's see if he'll ax Bobo. 

• Facepalm 1

On 11/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, pensacolatiger said:

I see some things that worry me too.  Defensive players that leave their feet and try to tackle with no arms.  An offensive coordinator that’s supposed to recruit but not.  Weak lines.  And no fight when a team gets off the ropes.  I know our talent is down, but I’m seeing some things that indicate we’re crumbling as a program.  I don’t think harsin has a plan that fits auburn.

The national recruiting emphasis scares me. A lot of time and resources spent on reaching waaaaay out there as opposed to recruiting this talent rich region. Look at all the effort we put into Clemmons flying across the country. Time that could be used on guys in our backyard. I'll be pumped when we get a big committ from California or Washington. But as for now, we've gotten nobody.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, woodford said:

I wish for once Auburn had a HC this intense. Georgia is not stopping anytime soon.  

Do you live in Nutsburg?. Foul mouthed reprobate, is all I read. 

• Haha 2

This is one of the worst threads that's been started since I've been here. "Uhuh uh it's too quite" "We're going to ignore the coaches comments thread, and Bo Nix complaining about officiating". "I want a fired up coach only when I want him to be!" 🤦

Edited by Randman5000

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

This is one of the worst threads that's been started since I've been here. "Uhuh uh it's too quite" "We're going to ignore the coaches comments thread, and Bo Nix complaining about officiating". "I want a fired up coach only when I want him to be!" 🤦

You see that is the thing. It is common in people to complain about the status quo. Always wanting different with no patience for what is. This is greatly exaggerated in football unless the coach is winning. It is why the backup QB is often the most popular person on the team. Auburn's fanbase is no different in this regard. But look at bama. They have no problem with the douche that runs their program. They do not care how rude, condescending, or the outright butthole behavior he displays consistently. The only reason for overlooking it is his winning and rightly so. A couple of bad seasons and they will turn on him. Harsin is experiencing this due to the unexpected loses. 

I will say that the Auburn fanbase has been beaten down over Gus' tenure and as a result have lower expectations. At this point Auburn fans for the most part only expect wins over TAMU, LSU, bama, uga, Florida occasionally. When it comes to MSU, Ole Miss, Vandy, USCe, and Kentucky, those wins are expected almost every time. Where Harsin ran afoul is that he lost to two of the later. Auburn fans were chalking those up as wins. It was expected to lose to TAMU, bama, and uga. There was a toss up with Penn State. OK so if Auburn loses those four games, no big deal. But he lost to MSU and USCe. Those aren't going to be accepted kindly. The almost loss to Georgia State won't be accepted. 

For my part, I made it through the Gus tenure but did give up after the contract extortion and crappy SEC title game performance. Gus sucked the joy out of it for me. I no longer grilled on Saturdays or planned my weekends around the game so I could watch. I might listen on the radio but if I had to go into a store, I had no issue not listening. With great joy I welcomed anyone but Gus. Harsin fit that bill. I will give him time to succeed. If he doesn't, it really isn't a big deal. It's not like Harsin took over a dynasty. In four years if we are at our current level or worse he will be gone. Because the money won't be flowing in like it should which threatens the bell cow for Auburn. Maybe then the powers whomever they may be will get their crap together because they do more damage to Auburn than any one coach can. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

And he deserved it. WR play was terrible. I do not agree with the War Rapport guys that he was scapegoated. Kiesau has done a good job with the WR room. There is a drop here and there but they are greatly reduced. The first game Kiesau coached was rough but after that, the WRs showed improvement. Shed has been somewhat productive even in SEC play. The WRs aren't having issues lining up and costing timeouts and penalties. I'd say that they are one of two groups that have improved over the season.

Now if only Kiesau can recruit.

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Position coaches really are expendable if they aren't elite recruiting vets. Coach Corn had virtually no resume. Let's see if he'll ax Bobo. 

More to it than performance or recruiting prowess…

7 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

For my part, I made it through the Gus tenure but did give up after the contract extortion and crappy SEC title game performance. Gus sucked the joy out of it for me. I no longer grilled on Saturdays or planned my weekends around the game so I could watch. I might listen on the radio but if I had to go into a store, I had no issue not listening.

Fine but that's on you, not Auburn or Gus. Most AU fans still cared about their team and watched every play when possible.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I'd take this comment more seriously if it was from someone who could spell "quiet" correctly.