Post game - Iron Bowl

AUBwins

Just now, AUBwins said:

I absolutely wished we had gone for 2 on first OT, due to our personnel situation. 

Couldn’t agree more. We had the throw back to Shenker still in the bag. That was the time to use it. Instead we put our hurt QB back out there to try and drive the ball. Thats the only thing I’m pissed about. Otherwise, well done Auburn.

• Like 5

This game was just as nauseating as the last three.  

How in the name of everything holy do you trot out a busted up quarterback.  Davis cold and no reps in practice would have been better.  

TJ is a damn man for playing as he did at the end, but Harsin is an idiot for letting him.  

• Dislike 3

Proud of the team. They played so hard. We are what we are- a 6-6 team with a hurt backup QB and no OL. Very poor recruiting in the past caused this issue. Poor coaching in this game also was an issue. 

War eagle anyway!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Couldn’t agree more. We had the throw back to Shenker still in the bag. That was the time to use it. Instead we put our hurt QB back out there to try and drive the ball. Thats the only thing I’m pissed about. Otherwise, well done Auburn.

Was hoping we would go for 2. When you are outmanned like we were at that point, your best chance of winning is getting 3 yards on one play. 

• Like 3

This hurt more than any game I can remember.  Gonna be a lot of fans in the transfer portal.  

Too many MIA players this year with no information.  How many leave?  I think more than we're comfortable with. 

That new overtime rule is absolutely horrid.  

• Like 1

Our guys sure deserved it.  👏  this would have been one of my favorite wins ever.  Stinks we were hobbled at QB the final 10 mins of the game.  As far as Tank, yes definitely a mistake not to get down, but it looked like he could get to the first down which would have iced the game as well.  We had like 6 chances to ice the game and couldn't find a way to do it.  But we sure scared the crap out of them.  Damn wanted this one. 

2 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Waiting for Farmer Brown’s amazing hot takes. Since he’s clearly a special mind.

Well, you are the one who thought it was an away game...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I absolutely wished we had gone for 2 on first OT, due to our personnel situation. 

I thought the same thing, roll the dice there. We're not gonna last through multiple overtimes.

The team was on fire. 

Mason's 4-man front worked well.

Mike Bobo is a Grade A choker from the Malzahn School of Choking and should be replaced ASAP.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Waiting for Farmer Brown’s amazing hot takes. Since he’s clearly a special mind.

At least I know they aren't flying home tonight.

• Haha 3

Great effort by our D, but we lost it. Sad thing is this might have been our best shot at bama for several years going forward.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, cbo said:

Was hoping we would go for 2. When you are outmanned like we were at that point, your best chance of winning is getting 3 yards on one play. 

That was the best chance we were going to get to win the game at that point. Why put Finley back out there on the 25 with a back up kicker? Bama had the momentum. Our defense had already done everything we could have asked of them and more. Offense needed to win the game there. Just my take.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I agree, but that's a damn if you do, damned if you don't play. I would not have had a problem with it this time.

• Like 1

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

Well, you are the one who thought it was an away game...

Jesus you guys really don’t get sarcasm unless someone colors the words yellow or puts /s do you? 

Like good grief that’s impressive.