Post game - Iron Bowl

AUBwins

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I absolutely wished we had gone for 2 on first OT, due to our personnel situation. 

I thought the same thing, roll the dice there. We're not gonna last through multiple overtimes.

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Not even close. 

My stomach says otherwise.  Moo State was definitely worse, but that last UAT drive was nauseating.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

This will make the participation  trophy crowd happy I guess. For the rest of us, not so much. We gave this away. 

I can stomach this one over the last two giveaways. Losing Bo was the nail in the coffin for this season. 

• Like 4

It took 4 years but TD finally played the game we thought he could.  Thought we would get a safety on that last drive, another chance to ice the game.  

• Like 1

I wish we had a healthy Bo for this game. That defense, plus not getting sacked every other drive would've made for something special.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Our defesnive performance, both by players and coaches, was simply incredible. The offense had so many chances to close the deal and put this one away and Bobo couldn´t dial up a single point in the 2nd half, until OT. Just a field goal and we win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUGnome said:

I wish we had a healthy Bo for this game. That defense, plus not getting sacked every other drive would've made for something special.

With bobo calling plays I am not sure it would have been an advantage 

Edited by tigerrules

3 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

My stomach says otherwise.  Moo State was definitely worse, but that last UAT drive was nauseating.  

Of course it hurts to lose this game. But, personally, I am much more disgusted when the team underperforms. AU was much better than I expected today. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Heck of a game by Auburn. Defense played lights out. Was going to be hard to beat them with a back up QB. We gave them Hell!!

Just think if we had an OC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Jesus you guys really don’t get sarcasm unless someone colors the words yellow or puts /s do you? 

Like good grief that’s impressive.

It was the comment about Mason and Bobo, that caused all that. Mason did a great job this game. I'm not a fan of Bobo. 

• Love 1

Sting of the loss aside today should be huge for recruiting, especially in '23. Remember, 'cruits aren't fans and aren't looking at it emotionally, like we are

• Like 2

Players played hard, they can be proud of their efforts. This game was setting up like a classic AU win. Instead we got loss number 4 in a row. There are no moral victories. Coaches this is loss 4 in a row…. This was your chance to be somebody. Guess what you get Bama and Georgia on the road next year. Best of luck.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

TJ is a damn man for playing as he did at the end, but Harsin is an idiot for letting him.  

That's twice he's played a hurt QB. Having never seen DD play myself, I'm not sure what that means, maybe they don't like him. Also I thought they officially had Grant Loy was the backup.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

It was the comment about Mason and Bobo, that caused all that. Mason did a great job this game. I'm not a fan of Bobo. 

Mason I’ll mostly give a pass. Probably should put Harsin there instead.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Of course it hurts to lose this game. But, personally, I am much more disgusted when the team underperforms. AU was much better than I expected today. 

Agreed on that statement.  They exceeded everyone’s expectations by far and hopefully snagged some recruits tonight.  

I just hope that Harsin grows from this season as a whole.  

• Like 1

Just now, ToomersRevenge said:

Mason I’ll mostly give a pass. Probably should put Harsin there instead.

You keep digging a deeper hole for yourself, but carry on. I'm done. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 key plays in regulation that kept us from winning.

Late in the 3rd qtr or early in the 4th, we get the ball at our 45 and TJ throws that interception. We had a chance to put them away and instead they come away with a field goal. That's where the tide turned.

2. That phantom holding call on the 40 yard swing pass to Hunter. Another chance to put the game away taken away.

3. Tank not having the wherewithal to stay inbounds killed our chances.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AUGnome said:

I thought the same thing, roll the dice there. We're not gonna last through multiple overtimes.

If we had done that and not converted, people would be on here calling for Harsin's head (more than they already are 😂)

• Like 1