Bigsby was pulled out of bounds

eagle12

Exactly!  My understanding was that the player had to go out of bounds on their own in order to stop the clock.   Every other time I've seen someone get pulled out like Tank was, the clock continues to run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagle12 said:

Does the rules let this stop the clock until the snap?

Maybe he was, but he damn sure did  not turn the ball upfield with authority. And he did not understand the assignment!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Does the rules let this stop the clock until the snap?

Yeah he was def pulled out of bounds. Idk the rule either. It may be NFL that if you are pulled out, clock still runs. That play and the bs holding call on Hunters run were the 2 plays that killed us imo.

• Thanks 1

It's a fine line. I think he, in the split second decision, thought he could get the first down, so he powered ahead.

In the end it's nobody's fault. It just was a product of all season. Tank was trying to get the first down as hard as he could on 2nd down. On 3rd down, the coaches were trying to learn from the past. They had a hobbled QB and everyone had given them a hard time on short yardage situations for not going to Tank. If they had run a play action pass and failed, everyone would have killed them saying why do that with a hobbled QB, give it to your best player.  That other team knew all that, so they stacked the line betting we would run Tank, and we did.

Reality is, the 3rd down play should have been a play action pass to the flat. Might have misfired and gone incomplete, might have been successful and got a first down. With the way they were selling out on the run, might have scored a touchdown. But that play would have been lambasted if it failed, so I don't blame them for doing what the fans have asked them to do all season. Fans aren't always right, fact is they are rarely right.

Coach Harsin seems to be a guy who reflects and tries to learn from the past. This one will now go in his memory bank and he'll get better. Unfortunately the fans won't.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

It's a fine line. I think he, in the split second decision, thought he could get the first down, so he powered ahead.

Exactly, not going to fault him. Sure it looked a lot different from his view point. Thought he was going to get the first down for a fraction of a second.

• Like 2

This play with Tank did NOT determine the game....where we lost it was when we stopped them on downs (4th) in the 4 quarter, we called a pass play and TJ was intercepted, this is when we should have run the ball 3 times and either forced them to call a timeout, or let the clock run off a couple of minutes....

• Thanks 2

• WarTiger changed the title to Bigsby was pulled out of bounds

Plenty of blame to go around. But Tank has to know and be reminded that he can’t go out there. Once he got near the side he had to get lower and leaned back inside. He gave 100% effort so I don’t question his heart. His head, which is on the coaching is what I fault. 

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Should of went down like a 100 pound sack of taters

No. One more good step and he gets the 1st down and all we have to do is take a knee twice and Auburn wins. Watch a replay. 

Should’ve been a tackle in-bounds and clock running.  It was obvious.   There is a lot of subjectively to it, but go back and watch early in the game.  Folks make contact with ball carrier before they go out of bounds, clock runs.  See it every Friday and Saturday.  Our HS rules are very similar if not exact.  They almost always call it that way with any contact by the defender.  Just add it to the list