Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

Thanks for this.  I finally got around to watching Geriner's film.  What level of competition does he play against in HS?  It appears to be a small military prep school.  Is this basically 1A? or do they play upper classification talent?

He throws a nice ball; I didn't see film of him throwing under pressure.  He runs good enough; and appears to know when to run...his release is quick; not high.  But at 6'3" that is probably not a major issue.  

Good info. With the COVID year, it is possible some seniors will stay to get another year to try to impress the NFL scouts. Others will leave even without NFL prospects to get on with their lives. Some may transfer to use their extra year elsewhere.

For the draft-eligible underclassmen, much will depend on how they score in NFL draft evaluations.

Do we know which Seniors are already COVID “Super Seniors”, and which could potentially stay or transfer because they have one more year of eligibility.

Going to be fun to watch the melts on here this offseason when 15 or so reserves enter the portal. Going to be a lot of turnover, but it's needed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Players with a line through their name are not returning. Players' whose names are bolded will return for next season. Players with an orange name have entered the transfer portal.

Seniors and draft eligible players:

• Bo Nix - Junior - QB - Draft Eligible
  • Jalil Irvin - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Kilian Zierer - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Kameron Stutts - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Dre Butler - Junior - DL - Draft Eligible
  • Caleb Johnson - Junior - DL - Draft Eligible
  • Eku Leota - Junior - DL - Draft Eligible
  • Owen Pappoe - Junior - LB - Draft Eligible
  • Zion Puckett - Redshirt Sophomore - DB - Draft Eligible
  • Nehemiah Pritchett - Junior - DB - Draft Eligible
  • Jacob Quattlebaum - Junior - LS - Draft Eligible
  • Grant Loy - Senior - QB
  • Shaun Shivers - Senior - RB
  • Jacob Jasinski - Senior - RB
  • Demetris Robertson - Senior - WR
  • Malcolm Russell - Senior - WR
  • Jackson McFadden - Senior - WR
  • Shedrick Jackson - Senior - WR
  • Caylin Newton - Senior - WR
  • John Samuel-Shenker - Senior - TE
  • Hayden Brice - Senior - TE
  • Nick Brahms - Senior - OL
  • Brenden Coffey - Senior - OL
  • Tashawn Manning - Senior - OL
  • Brodarious Hamm - Senior - OL
  • Alex Jackson - Senior - OL
  • Austin Troxell - Senior - OL
  • David Shannon - Senior - OL
  • Brandon Council - Senior - OL
  • Tony Fair - Senior - DL
  • Marquis Burks - Senior - DL
  • TD Moultry - Senior - DL
  • Barton Lester - Senior - LB
  • Russ Logan - Senior - LB
  • Brooks Walton - Senior - LB
  • Chandler Wooten - Senior - LB
  • Dreshun Miller - Senior - CB
  • Zakoby McClain - Senior - LB
  • Malcolm Askew - Senior - DB
  • Bydarrius Knighten - Senior - DB
  • Smoke Monday - Senior - DB
  • Trey Elston - Senior - DB
  • Roger McCreary - Senior - DB
  • Devin Guice - Senior - DB
  • Anders Carlson - Senior - K
  • Aidan Marshall - Senior - P

Current additions:

• 4* QB Holden Geriner - commit
  • 4* RB Damari Alston - commit
  • 4* WR Omari Kelly - commit
  • 3* WR Jay Fair - commit
  • 3* TE Micah Riley-Ducker - commit
  • 3* OL Eston Harris Jr. - commit
  • 3* OL Drew Bobo - commit
  • 4* DL Caden Story - commit
  • 3* Powell Gordon - commit
  • 4* DB Tre Donaldson - commit
  • 3* DB Ja'Kobi Albert - commit
  • 3* DB Caleb Wooden - commit
  • 3* K Alex McPherson - commit

I believe all of our Juniors and Redshirt Sophomores will not yet declare for the NFL Draft. Owen Pappoe is the only one I think really might be likely to depart. Last I read he was leaning towards returning.

Will update this throughout the offseason/postseason.

You forgot Colby Wooden. He is draft eligible. 

I think the only one who possibly leaves is Pappoe but I believe he comes back, too.

For what it is worth, Owen Pappoe did not walk out with the seniors.  In the past, if they know they will declare, they walk out with them.  

3 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

What were the rules around the extra Covid year?

Essentially 2020 doesn't count against your eligibility. So you either get a 5th year if you didn't RS or a 6th year if you did RS

Anyone know of Dreshun Miller has an extra year available? I know he was JUCO then WVU, but not sure if this was his 5th year or not

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Essentially 2020 doesn't count against your eligibility. So you either get a 5th year if you didn't RS or a 6th year if you did RS

Thanks.  That’s what I thought.  Hopefully we get a few seniors that stay the extra year.  I’d love to see Worm again for one. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You forgot Colby Wooden. He is draft eligible. 

I think the only one who possibly leaves is Pappoe but I believe he comes back, too.

Does Wooden or Pappoe have a chance to be drafted??  

4 hours ago, japantiger said:

Thanks for this.  I finally got around to watching Geriner's film.  What level of competition does he play against in HS?  It appears to be a small military prep school.  Is this basically 1A? or do they play upper classification talent?

He throws a nice ball; I didn't see film of him throwing under pressure.  He runs good enough; and appears to know when to run...his release is quick; not high.  But at 6'3" that is probably not a major issue.  

Geriner plays AAAA ball in GA. His region is not very good but the non-region schedule was tough for him this season. They will likely win AAAA, he is legit.

• Love 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that was alot of senior leadership to go 6-6. Say what you want about the talent level of that leadership, but that really makes you tepid on predicting much out of 2022 

That's what I was thinking.  35 freaking SR's... wow.  

• Like 2

I count 23 senior scholarship contributors.  Going to be tough to hit the 85 scholarship mark when you account for typical attrition.  Do transfers count against the 25 rule this year?

On 11/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that was alot of senior leadership to go 6-6. Say what you want about the talent level of that leadership, but that really makes you tepid on predicting much out of 2022 

Friend is gonna have to perform some miracles next year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I count 23 senior scholarship contributors.  Going to be tough to hit the 85 scholarship mark when you account for typical attrition.  Do transfers count against the 25 rule this year?

5 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

From my understanding the 85 limit is back and next year potentially could sign up to 32 initials if you have the room.  

Transfers count against the 25, but for the 22 class you get up to 7 replacement slots for each transfer out. So if we have 7 guys enter the portal, we can add 7 transfers that don't count against the 25.  They are in a +7 replacement pool

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Good god, that was alot of senior leadership to go 6-6. Say what you want about the talent level of that leadership, but that really makes you tepid on predicting much out of 2022 

Agree. I also think Tank could hit the portal. Why should he stay here behind the line AU trots out? A lot of holes on this team and needs to address and that includes the coaching staff. This is a few recruiting cycles, which obviously need to be better assessed than the last few, away from really challenging UGA. We hung w Bama and w less talent, but that’s not unheard of over this rivalry the last few years when AU plays them at home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Does Wooden or Pappoe have a chance to be drafted??  

I think potentially either of them could be, but I think it makes a ton of sense for both to come back and improve their odds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. I also think Tank could hit the portal. Why should he stay here behind the line AU trots out?

Lots of sites have stated we're going to be heavy on OL in the portal and that they have already been talking to players via back channels.

I hope he waits and sees what we do before he bolts.

• Like 2