Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lots of sites have stated we're going to be heavy on OL in the portal and that they have already been talking to players via back channels.

I hope he waits and sees what we do before he bolts.

If that’s the case I hope so too. Hard to develop freshmen right out of HS to be ready for SEC. An above average line changes a lot. 

16 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

If that’s the case I hope so too. Hard to develop freshmen right out of HS to be ready for SEC. An above average line changes a lot. 

I never understood why we didn't snag a single OL last year, but Harsin has shown he understands the portal. Hopefully we can upgrade the OL 

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lots of sites have stated we're going to be heavy on OL in the portal and that they have already been talking to players via back channels.

I hope he waits and sees what we do before he bolts.

This is the exact way it needs to be done for portal OL imo. A lot of the ones that enter are because they suck. Find some good ones who start at their schools and would benefit from the spotlight of Auburn and go back channel 

3 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

Geriner plays AAAA ball in GA. His region is not very good but the non-region schedule was tough for him this season. They will likely win AAAA, he is legit.

Thanks...we certainly need Legit!  I also recommend we go to the portal on QB, again.  

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

Just looking at some of the reports coming out of how the weekend went for recruiting and I think we are about to see some nice pickups. Recruits appear to be raving about the time they had yesterday. I’ve seen a 5 star say his eyes were opened and a 4 star LSU LB commit say the visit was a 10 out of 10. It might just turn out ok 🙂

9 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

What were the rules around the extra Covid year?

They all have it if they were freshmen or older that year, but some used it this year (5th/6th year seniors).

So Tank for example could play 5 + 1 redshirt season.

9 hours ago, japantiger said:

Thanks for this.  I finally got around to watching Geriner's film.  What level of competition does he play against in HS?  It appears to be a small military prep school.  Is this basically 1A? or do they play upper classification talent?

He throws a nice ball; I didn't see film of him throwing under pressure.  He runs good enough; and appears to know when to run...his release is quick; not high.  But at 6'3" that is probably not a major issue.  

Small classification but they play a ridiculously tough non-conference schedule. 

6 hours ago, meh130 said:

Good info. With the COVID year, it is possible some seniors will stay to get another year to try to impress the NFL scouts. Others will leave even without NFL prospects to get on with their lives. Some may transfer to use their extra year elsewhere.

For the draft-eligible underclassmen, much will depend on how they score in NFL draft evaluations.

Do we know which Seniors are already COVID “Super Seniors”, and which could potentially stay or transfer because they have one more year of eligibility.

Nope. It's wrestling season so I'm too slammed to try and get that together. I think Tony Fair, Dreshun Miller, and Demetris Robertson all have exhausted their eligibility IIRC.

6 hours ago, au302 said:

Going to be fun to watch the melts on here this offseason when 15 or so reserves enter the portal. Going to be a lot of turnover, but it's needed

Watched it last offseason. I doubt we'll see that many. Demetris Davis, Elijah Canion, and ZeVian Capers are probably my top 3 potential transfer candidates based on lack of reps and some Twitter stuff. A little curious about Lee Hunter and Brooks as well.

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You forgot Colby Wooden. He is draft eligible. 

I think the only one who possibly leaves is Pappoe but I believe he comes back, too.

Chandler Wooten and Colby Wooden always confuse me when I make these lists.

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

For what it is worth, Owen Pappoe did not walk out with the seniors.  In the past, if they know they will declare, they walk out with them.  

Injury and already fighting an undersized label is a bad combination for a draft stock.

6 hours ago, woodford said:

Not being selfish but none of these juniors or RS sophomores should leave early. Would be a silly decision.

Agreed. Someone does every year and I feel bad for them when they go undrafted. Hoping this staff gives better guidance.

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I count 23 senior scholarship contributors.  Going to be tough to hit the 85 scholarship mark when you account for typical attrition.  Do transfers count against the 25 rule this year?

The NCAA has no idea what they're doing with transfers. They are trying to make it so they don't cripple your 25 high school spots. 

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Friend is gonna have to perform some miracles next year

Yup I've been worried year 2 would be worse because of the huge OL losses. We gotta thrive in the portal. 

3 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. I also think Tank could hit the portal. Why should he stay here behind the line AU trots out? A lot of holes on this team and needs to address and that includes the coaching staff. This is a few recruiting cycles, which obviously need to be better assessed than the last few, away from really challenging UGA. We hung w Bama and w less talent, but that’s not unheard of over this rivalry the last few years when AU plays them at home. 

Tank isn't going anywhere dude loves Auburn.

I look for Derrick Hall to be a big time leader next year. That guy just has the look of a classic Tuberville era bully. Somebody get him a butterfly collar!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

The whole offensive line was seniors? They all could be gone….. ?

Keiondre Jones and Killian Zierer should be back. Imagine if we had started entirely seniors the whole year...

Anyway, we should return 11 starters from our best win of the year (Ole Miss), 12 if Pappoe comes back.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Just looking at some of the reports coming out of how the weekend went for recruiting and I think we are about to see some nice pickups. Recruits appear to be raving about the time they had yesterday. I’ve seen a 5 star say his eyes were opened and a 4 star LSU LB commit say the visit was a 10 out of 10. It might just turn out ok 🙂

Probably the best Auburn atmosphere since the 4th quarter of the 2019 UGA game, I’d hope that pays off some dividends 

4 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This may get buried with everything else going on currently but I’m hearing there will be an exodus of AU players into the portal over the coming week. Not sure how true but that’s the rumblings. 

Expect to see a good bit in the portal tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

That’s what I heard. Don’t have to share names but anyone significant? 

@bigbird's boy Tennison is one name that has been floated on a few sites.  Would be disappointing, he should be in line for a lot of playing time next year. 

I've hear Z Walker is another.  Not sure what happened to him, played a lot as a TrFr then seemed to get passed by a lot of people and didn't play much this year.  I thought he was going to be really good.

Wouldn't be shocked if a TE transferred.  We just have a lot of them.  A few WRs will transfer too. 

9 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

That’s what I heard. Don’t have to share names but anyone significant? 

Most of what I have heard are not starters or key contributors. Although some question why they weren’t on the field (Not speaking of DD). 

Just now, W.E.D said:

@bigbird's boy Tennison is one name that has been floated on a few sites.  Would be disappointing, he should be in line for a lot of playing time next year. 

I've hear Z Walker is another.  Not sure what happened to him, played a lot as a TrFr then seemed to get passed by a lot of people and didn't play much this year.  I thought he was going to be really good.

Wouldn't be shocked if a TE transferred.  We just have a lot of them.  A few WRs will transfer too. 

WRs are what I have heard the most of. 

1 minute ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

WRs are what I have heard the most of. 

Yeah feel like there are a handful of WRs that just need to go

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Thanks for the info. Definitely suspected more than 1 WR to go. Figured Capers would be one. Tennison surprises me though. Could see a lot of playing time next year. Man I’d feel better about this if we had better recruiting at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Most of what I have heard are not starters or key contributors. Although some question why they weren’t on the field (Not speaking of DD). 

This is what I figured. At least DD cleared things up today on Twitter. Might feel like th sky is falling coming the end of the week. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This is what I figured. At least DD cleared things up today on Twitter. Might feel like th sky is falling coming the end of the week. 

If you don’t think so yourself give it a couples days and check back in here and a few will convince you it is.

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

If you don’t think so yourself give it a couples days and check back in here and a few will convince you it is.

Hahaha. Oh I know, trust me. I stopped getting myself worked up a long time ago when I realized they’d never ask me to help make decisions. 😂😂

1 hour ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

The decision to limit the rotation on defense had to piss off a lot of players this year.  Someone (Harsin) should’ve seen that at some point.  On offense,I could see players like Worm wanting a lot more PT.