Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

38 minutes ago, e808 said:

So every player that’s transferring going to be labeled as not willing to put in the work. Maybe some of them feel they aren’t getting a fair shake. It would suck u practice just as hard as the next man but u never get an opportunity. The defense could have used a breather from guys like Hunter and Brooks on the back end of the schedule

Every player who does not start thinks their not getting a fair shake I know I did. Or maybe there was a reason he did not see the field this pass year. Wish him the best of luck 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, e808 said:

So every player that’s transferring going to be labeled as not willing to put in the work. Maybe some of them feel they aren’t getting a fair shake. It would suck u practice just as hard as the next man but u never get an opportunity. The defense could have used a breather from guys like Hunter and Brooks on the back end of the schedule

On Hunter, I know his work ethic was questioned in high school and that he was just more talented than everyone else, but I heard it had been solid this year at Auburn. He may remove himself from the portal, Auburn is gonna fight for him to change his mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

If getting fired from another school was a disqualification from coaching, Alabama wouldn’t have a staff.   This is a transitional time at AU.  If guys don’t want to put in what is asked or needed, they should leave.   Do you not think that other teammates don’t see who is willing to put forth the effort?  If slacking is allowed it only contaminates the whole team.   

I’m all for people leaving if they don’t buy in. I get that. I’m just not sold on Mason yet. Don’t care about early signing day. That’s sort of worn off. MSU game still fresh in my mind. I’d like to see what he can do next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodford said:

I’m all for people leaving if they don’t buy in. I get that. I’m just not sold on Mason yet. Don’t care about early signing day. That’s sort of worn off. MSU game still fresh in my mind. I’d like to see what he can do next year. 

I’m thinking you will.

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

On Hunter, I know his work ethic was questioned in high school and that he was just more talented than everyone else, but I heard it had been solid this year at Auburn. He may remove himself from the portal, Auburn is gonna fight for him to change his mind.

I didn't know about the work ethic questions of him, so that's interesting. The spring game was the first time I'd ever seen the guy in action. Of course many freshmen need time in the weight room, but I was surprised at how far it looked like he had to go. Looks like a two year minimum guy before he would be ready, which I wasn't expecting since he was so highly rated

More OL coming back.

We really need to find some guys with 3 years of eligibility to transfer in

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

A talented team player is better than a talented player.

I hear you but I hate to see an inference like this. I'm curious, do you have some kind of info that Hunter was not a team player ?  That would be significant, if true. I had never heard anything like that about him

Edited by IronMan70

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m glad to see Pegues leave if he gets a chance on offense in Kiffin’s system. I know they recruited him for a few things, but I imagine him out there in space with his horizontal offense just being a monster. 

I think Kiffin said he wanted him as a DL. 

That said, the kid could obviously play on offense. Just didn't project on offense at the next level. I came around to agreeing that his future was brightest on the DL and it looked like he's on track to be an NFL defensive lineman. Curious situation.

14 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Some of this is pretty simple, each player needs to be 100% committed to What now is Auburn football, if you can’t do that Harsin is not playing around.  This has been clear since day one.

Yup. Many of us have said over and over again that what is happening right now would happen right now. 

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’ll never get how guys can call getting a particular recruit a massive, class anchoring prospect that loved Auburn and 12 months later 

He didn’t believe in Auburn enough, he’s a slight loss, etc etc. 

I'm not going to project anything emotional or behavioral onto the guy but in terms of what he actually did or would have contributed to the program, the recruiting ranking is the only suggestion we've got that we're losing something impactful. 

I'm not sure he was a class anchoring prospect, and even if he was, it wasn't a class to write home about.

And he committed to Gus, not Harsin. Hunter would hardly be the first blue chip guy to not pan out under Gus. Seems there are reasons Gus won a lot of the battles for blue chip guys that he did. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, 80Tiger said:

I hear what you are saying, but how does anyone know that high football IQ was the theme? I could  have missed it but did Harsin say this? Did AU pass on higher rated players that were bigger, faster and recruited by everyone else because they did not have a high football IQ?

Harsin made it a point to mention how many high school team captains we signed on early NSD.

This guy coached at Boise. He had to get on a plane to visit most of his recruits, and then ask them to spend 4 years in Idaho. He was not getting ultra athletic blue chip guys to play football for him, so I'm just going to assume that he's got a good feel for identifying the intangibles and maximizing them.

I think he's going to find that he will have to compromise somewhat down here but he's still got to build his culture first. Everything we're seeing points to him doing that.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, woodford said:

do you think mason is trying to put the stuff harsin wants implemented or is mason being allowed to do what he thinks is best? it is probably a little of both but at one time mason was considered a stud d coach.

17 hours ago, weagl1 said:

With all these transfers just how many slots do we have to fill???  It’s got to be a lot!!!

Without going into extreme detail, there is an annual limit. This year we have 23 slots available for signees and/or transfers, plus seven more transfer only slots. So, we can fill 30 slots. The entire team could leave and our limit would still be 30.

So far, we have signed 17 in the early signing period and at last count had three ? transfers in. Thus we have 10 vacancies remaining.

PS: If the above sounds screwey, call the NCAA! :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Without going into extreme detail, there is an annual limit. This year we have 23 slots available for signees and/or transfers, plus seven more transfer only slots. So, we can fill 30 slots. The entire team could leave and our limit would still be 30.

So far, we have signed 17 in the early signing period and at last count had three ? transfers in. Thus we have 10 vacancies remaining.

PS: If the above sounds screwey, call the NCAA! :)

I don’t get limiting number each year. Seems like with portal running so hot, they would just go with limit of total schollys.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t get limiting number each year. Seems like with portal running so hot, they would just go with limit of total schollys.

Feel like they'll have to make the portal replacement somewhat permanent 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, woodford said:

I think once the players learned and became comfortable in the system it was very good minus one half in the MSU game. I am definitely sold on Mason. 

As for the numbers and limits for Schollies....how does it work as far as counting scholarships back or ahead? Like this year we had 23 spots plus 7 for transfers....can we add the 30 and then add 2-3 more and count them forward if we needed to?

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m glad to see Pegues leave if he gets a chance on offense in Kiffin’s system. I know they recruited him for a few things, but I imagine him out there in space with his horizontal offense just being a monster. 

It would be exciting to see some more pancakes, but do you really think he projects as a TE on the next level? Never say never, but hard for me to see. Seems to have a really bright future on DL. He got better and better

Reporter on TOS saying Cam Riley likely headed to the portal. This one will sting on top of Height already bouncing...I looked for Riley to be given a shot to move to Edge if even only part time.

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

1 step forward and 4 steps back.

At some point we'll have to stop running off players or we're going to put us on massive self imposed scholarship reductions

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Reporter on TOS saying Cam Riley likely headed to the portal. This one will sting on top of Height already bouncing...I looked for Riley to be given a shot to move to Edge if even only part time.

Just surprising considering he played a lot in bowl game and with us losing 2 LBs to nfl. 

Unless he sees us going after other transfer LBs like the guy transferring from NC?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Just surprising considering he played a lot in bowl game and with us losing 2 LBs to nfl. 

Unless he sees us going after other transfer LBs like the guy transferring from NC?

It's just super odd to me that these guys would rather give up on this team and start over in an unknown situation somewhere else, have to compete for PT while having to learn an entirely new system without any guarantees.  Seems counter productive to me.  Smh.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, woodford said:

Mason is about the only thing our program has going for it right now. Did you not watch the IB? Or TAMU? Or Ole Miss? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I  thought the same. It's like once these players that have yet to earn a starting role but look to be in good position moving forward here of a bringing in a transfer they bail. Hope he stays. He is the best physical specimen of an OLB we have IMO.

• Like 1