Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Mason is about the only thing our program has going for it right now. Did you not watch the IB? Or TAMU? Or Ole Miss? 

Don't think that middle one fits.  I'd take Ole Miss with a grain of salt considering what they were missing.  Iron Bowl, yes except the last drive

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don't think that middle one fits.  I'd take Ole Miss with a grain of salt considering what they were missing.  Iron Bowl, yes except the last drive

We didn't allow an offensive touchdown on the road at a 100k venue. To our now starting QB. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

We didn't allow an offensive touchdown on the road at a 100k venue. To our now starting QB. 

Gotcha.  For some reason I thought we lost 33-3.  I guess it felt worse when we were so inept on offense

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

It's just super odd to me that these guys would rather give up on this team and start over in an unknown situation somewhere else, have to compete for PT while having to learn an entirely new system without any guarantees.  Seems counter productive to me.  Smh.

and most of them don't end up doing squat at new destination and that's if they find one. Many players in portal are done. Did C. Tutt ever sign anywhere?

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

and most of them don't end up doing squat at new destination and that's if they find one. Many players in portal are done. Did C. Tutt ever sign anywhere?

Not sure, maybe Zeek knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

JJ Pegues is officially in the portal per a few sites.

Well, crap. He will be joining Lee Hunter apparently....

5 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Well, crap. He will be joining Lee Hunter apparently....

UCF or in the portal

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

UCF or in the portal

In the portal. 24/7 reporting Lee Hunter entered today. Hope someone just got Pegues confused with Hunter.

4 hours ago, au302 said:

It would be exciting to see some more pancakes, but do you really think he projects as a TE on the next level? Never say never, but hard for me to see. Seems to have a really bright future on DL. He got better and better

His easiest path to the NFL is on the DL ye

It's ignorant to the fact he only has two years left and has to play with the cards dealt, but I would've liked to see him get a real year in a good offense before writing off that he COULD be a game changer on that side. He'll probably play DL if he goes to OM, but I do know that Kiffin is at least open to the idea of using "gimmick" guys in substantive roles.   

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t get limiting number each year. Seems like with portal running so hot, they would just go with limit of total schollys.

There may be some tweaks coming in the future, but for this cycle those are the rules we all have to live by. One way of looking at it is that it's an attempt to put a damper on the number of transfers.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

His easiest path to the NFL is on the DL ye

It's ignorant to the fact he only has two years left and has to play with the cards dealt, but I would've liked to see him get a real year in a good offense before writing off that he COULD be a game changer on that side. He'll probably play DL if he goes to OM, but I do know that Kiffin is at least open to the idea of using "gimmick" guys in substantive roles.   

Dude, he's at like 310 pounds. Unless you think he's going to play OG all of a sudden, he's not moving back to offense. Nor should he be moved. Nor will Lane Kiffin devise some magic offense around it is you think he's capable of doing. Kiffin's offense utilizes undersized/fast "TE's" that can stretch the field, not OG's playing TE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Dude, he's at like 310 pounds. Unless you think he's going to play OG all of a sudden, he's not moving back to offense. Nor should he be moved. Nor will Lane Kiffin devise some magic offense around it is you think he's capable of doing. Kiffin's offense utilizes undersized/fast "TE's" that can stretch the field, not OG's playing TE.

Okay

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Yeah. He's athletic for a 300# guy, but he's not quick enough I'm the open field to make guys miss consistently and can't stretch the field or stress LBs/S covering him.

I'm guessing he's gone to UCF for play TE 

If it's true that Cam Riley and Pegues are leaving, this is no longer funny. We are losing some real quality, not just players who weren't working out. Riley is the best of the returning LB's other than Pappoe, and Pegues was playing a lot. We are bleeding talent. Again, no longer funny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guys more are gonna leave expect at least 5.  We got 80 guys on scholarship and have room to sign 10 more.   Gus’ last signing class are quitting left and right, which is understandable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Guys more are gonna leave expect at least 5.  We got 80 guys on scholarship and have room to sign 10 more.   Gus’ last signing class are quitting left and right, which is understandable.

Isn't there a waiver for the 85 right now due to covid years? Didn't think this was a Scholls limit thing 

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Isn't there a waiver for the 85 right now due to covid years? Didn't think this was a Scholls limit thing 

I do not believe that to be the case

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I do not believe that to be the case

So I remember hearing/reading that there is some kind of a waiver on the 85 as far as super Srs coming back I believe, where they don't count. Still have the limit on the annual scholarships plus 7 though. It's all so confusing.

• Like 2

I just don’t see how our HC expects to field a competitive team when the players are bailing out on him left and right.  It’s almost like we are going on probation with scholarship reductions.  Hudson, Hunter and Pegues are quality athletes we have lost in the last few days.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I remember hearing/reading that there is some kind of a waiver on the 85 as far as super Srs coming back I believe, where they don't count. Still have the limit on the annual scholarships plus 7 though. It's all so confusing.

maybe, I thought it was just for the 2021 season and a hard 85 returns this season

35 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Harsin not being hired before early signing day of '21 screwed us. I'm all for the purge, but unfortunately there are some good ones. Diamond, DD, JJ Evans, Capers, Frazier, K. Brown, Jernigan, etc. all seem like deadweight as of now. Not saying any of them will even enter the portal, just that there's more deadweight 

• Like 1