Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

maybe, I thought it was just for the 2021 season and a hard 85 returns this season

I could be wrong, but the fact they gave every kid of every class and extra covid year, I don't know how they don't do it for at least a few years. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a one time thing though. I just don't remember the deets.

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

You win some you lose some. To me it seems like Harsin doesn’t field the same type of players that the previous staff did. 

Can you elaborate on this? 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Can you elaborate on this? 

Like it sucks they are leaving and I, too, am concerned about their potential replacement but these guys signed up to play under a completely different coach. They gave it a year and now they are moving on. Gus is a laid back guy. Harsin gives me the impression he is the opposite. I am sure a difference between the two has led to these guys leaving. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Took this from a poster on TOS.....

A good look at numbers everybody freaking out thinking we won't field a team next year.

Non-withstanding our current enrolles and accounting for our current transfer portal entries (I’m counting JJ Pegues in this group), we currently have 60 players on scholarship. We signed 17 players in December and have 3 transfers currently enrolled which brings us to 80 guys currently occupying a scholarship for the fall of 2022. That leaves with only 5 total scholarships left to give to reach the 85 man limit and we can take a maximum of 10 more guys in this class with the new initial counter rule in place. What does this mean, it means expect a few more guys to enter the portal and for Harsin to keep bringing in more of his guys, as I fully expect us to use our full allotment of initial counters in this class.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It’s a bidding war guys…these players are not leaving just because…it’s some serious NIL money being thrown their way. Auburn is going to have consider opening the check book to keep pace with rivals or get left behind. Auburn was competitive in every loss except UGA, every loss could have went either way with a better player here or there. Gotta close that gap with talent, and based on the climate it may come with a cost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

It’s a bidding war guys…these players are not leaving just because…it’s some serious NIL money being thrown their way. Auburn is going to have consider opening the check book to keep pace with rivals or get left behind. Auburn was competitive in every loss except UGA, every loss could have went either way with a better player here or there. Gotta close that gap with talent, and based on the climate it may come with a cost.

While I fully agree on the bidding especially on players like Caleb Williams, even some of the OL transfers we have missed on that have starting experience, but how much NIL money is someone going to offer a kid with virtually no PT? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

maybe, I thought it was just for the 2021 season and a hard 85 returns this season

I know we get up to 7 spots to fill from the portal losses. We have already lost enough to maximize that if needed. 

46 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

A good look at numbers everybody freaking out thinking we won't field a team next year.

Non-withstanding our current enrolles and accounting for our current transfer portal entries (I’m counting JJ Pegues in this group), we currently have 60 players on scholarship. We signed 17 players in December and have 3 transfers currently enrolled which brings us to 80 guys currently occupying a scholarship for the fall of 2022. That leaves with only 5 total scholarships left to give to reach the 85 man limit and we can take a maximum of 10 more guys in this class with the new initial counter rule in place. What does this mean, it means expect a few more guys to enter the portal and for Harsin to keep bringing in more of his guys, as I fully expect us to use our full allotment of initial counters in this class.

That puts a different light on it but I would really like to gain some more of those at a bit faster rate as we go lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t understand why we have Friend still 

We aren't going to sign a single OL transfer going into spring practice.  Our largest area of need.  He's not getting it done.  Guy needs the boot.  It's not like he's the glue holding together some amazing Feb signing class either

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Love it. If he's going to fail or succeed, it needs to be with his guys. Keep trimming away

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, au302 said:

Love it. If he's going to fail or succeed, it needs to be with his guys. Keep trimming away

That’s kind of subjective because all the offense lineman that seem to be coming back and returning key guys on offense aren’t his . Nor are the standout guys on the defensive side. Which probably means year three his guys really get a chance to contribute. Might be tough to make a full assessment after year 3

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I do not believe that to be the case

I didn't realize this but looks like you're right. For some reason I thought the 85 limit was not in effect this year. And I assumed we had less than 80 on scholarship. 

Makes me feel a little better about all the attrition and the lack of transfers. It's not as simple as just stack up all the players you can. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s kind of subjective because all the offense lineman that seem to be coming back and returning key guys on offense aren’t his . Nor are the standout guys on the defensive side.

But the question is, how many of the guys who are *leaving* are his?

Of course he can't literally have only his guys in 2022. He's getting there as fast as he can, but it still won't be before 2024. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s kind of subjective because all the offense lineman that seem to be coming back and returning key guys on offense aren’t his . Nor are the standout guys on the defensive side. Which probably means year three his guys really get a chance to contribute. Might be tough to make a full assessment after year 3

Yea it will take another year to completely overhaul. Probably 1/3 of the roster this year. OL is definitely curious and you're spot on with that. DL and DB have been basically overhauled though. LB not so much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t understand why we have Friend still 

Having a guy with his SEC recruiting experience whiff on so many guys makes me not want another former Bama player on staff anytime soon. 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But the question is, how many of the guys who are *leaving* are his?

Of course he can't literally have only his guys in 2022. He's getting there as fast as he can, but it still won't be before 2024. 

That’s what I was getting at. Maybe I took the scenic route to something u said in a few sentences 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Having a guy with his SEC recruiting experience whiff on so many guys makes me not want another former Bama player on staff anytime soon. 

A lot of them are good! We just got the one that had 15 (slight exaggeration) 5 stars at Tennessee and still found a way to produce a bad OL 

• Like 1