Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Joko Willis has hit the portal. 

Now this one? To me this is not good at all. This is a spot where he has all of the opportunity in the world to start, but he believes something is so bad he doesn't want an opportunity to start and play for an SEC school

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Now this one? To me this is not good at all. This is a spot where he has all of the opportunity in the world to start, but he believes something is so bad he doesn't want an opportunity to start and play for an SEC school

He played a good bit in the bowl game.  It was obvious he had potential.  And I'm certain he was a Harsin recruit, so can't blame it on Gus players leaving.  I really like his signing.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

He played a good bit in the bowl game.  It was obvious he had potential.  And I'm certain he was a Harsin recruit, so can't blame it on Gus players leaving.  I really like his signing.

Yes and McClain is gone, td is gone. I don't know if we will still run a 3-4 but it's all signs point to him starting and he leaves? That screams something is wrong here. 

Yes and McClain is gone, td is gone. I don't know if we will still run a 3-4 but it's all signs point to him starting and he leaves? That screams something is wrong here. 

Schmed ran a 3-4 in Boise, so we most likely will.  There have been rumors of another LB leaving too.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Schmed ran a 3-4 in Boise, so we most likely will.  There have been rumors of another LB leaving too.

I figured that too but I didn't know if it was anything official said, but yeah.....looks like maybe Mason was more important than some made him to be.....wasn't dude the linebacker coach?

I posted this in a different thread but I think it is more appropriate here.  As of today, since August we have had 20 transfer away from our program, and 36 total since Harsin took over. 

For comparison, South Carolina has lost 11 since August and 23 since Shane Beamer took over.  Tennessee has lost 14 since August and a total 31 since Josh Heupel took over.  Florida has lost 9 since August.

Take it for what this is worth.  A little unnerving that almost half of the team has left since Harsin took over and I don't think we can pin this on Gus.  Most of these transfers as of late have been on the defensive side and Steele had that side of the ball running like it should.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I posted this in a different thread but I think it is more appropriate here.  As of today, since August we have had 20 transfer away from our program, and 36 total since Harsin took over. 

For comparison, South Carolina has lost 11 since August and 23 since Shane Beamer took over.  Tennessee has lost 14 since August and a total 31 since Josh Heupel took over.  Florida has lost 9 since August.

Take it for what this is worth.  A little unnerving that almost half of the team has left since Harsin took over and I don't think we can pin this on Gus.  Most of these transfers as of late have been on the defensive side and Steele had that side of the ball running like it should.

I'm sure Harsin is an amazing. So far he has struggled with building a coaching staff, recruiting new players, retaining existing players, and coaching on gameday. But i'm sure there is an area of coaching he is really good at.....i mean the support staff he's put together is pretty sweet. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

That screams something is wrong here. 

Jar'various Johnson is about to enter the portal and transfer to Ole Miss.  Nothings wrong here

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Jar'various Johnson is about to enter the portal and transfer to Ole Miss.  Nothings wrong here

Remember the absolute joy this board had when that wr coach was fired? It's not happy funny now is it 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Remember the absolute joy this board had when that wr coach was fired? It's not happy funny now is it 😂

Seem to remember a ton of ppl demanding what Corn did or didn't do.  But Leave poor Austin alone!!  We don't deserve to know

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know at the time i thought it was a weird move. Very reactionary to almost losing to Ga St. But in the end i did not really care who the WR coach was....if Harsin wanted his guy then so be it. Little did i know the sh**show of managing a coaching staff that we were about to see. 

Honestly i thought you had blown a gasket getting all bent out of shape over a WR coach getting fired. But man looking back now.....very obvious sign that Harsin doesn't know how to manage a coaching staff and struggles to work with people outside of his circle. 

My god how did we find Gus 2.0 😭

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

I know at the time i thought it was a weird move. Very reactionary to almost losing to Ga St. But in the end i did not really care who the WR coach was....if Harsin wanted his guy then so be it. Little did i know the sh**show of managing a coaching staff that we were about to see. 

Honestly i thought you had blown a gasket getting all bent out of shape over a WR coach getting fired. But man looking back now.....very obvious sign that Harsin doesn't know how to manage a coaching staff and struggles to work with people outside of his circle. 

And that's all I was trying to say. Look at the impact this will have for our team in the future.....

I wonder will they highlight me and say we have posters who talked about this literally when it happened, we have some posters that really know football!

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wonder will they highlight me and say we have posters who talked about this literally when it happened, we have some posters that really know football!

Yeah Totally GIFs | Tenor

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I feel like we needed a change,I just feel the way we are structured is hurting usmore than anything. 

It's like we have a dog that keeps crapping in the living room and we keep hiring different contractors to clean the crap up and some may be better than others but what we need to do is either house train the dog or just get rid of the dog and get one that's already house trained. But we have so many people saying there's nothing wrong with having a dog!

Well that's an argument that has nothing to do with the actual issue. Nobody says there's a problem having a dog what we're trying to show you, is you can have a dog that is trained! We can both win here if you actually think!

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Remember all the talk about WRs not lining up properly? Apparently it was hard evidence that Corn had to go! Haha. 

I'm a firm question mark on the Corn deal, but to throw fuel on the fire... why hasn't he been picked up somewhere else yet?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I'm a firm question mark on the Corn deal, but to throw fuel on the fire... why hasn't he been picked up somewhere else yet?

Who knows. Maybe he's holding out for something better than he can realistically get. But the dude lasted six seasons at Troy. He was killing it as a recruiter before he got fired. 

I doubt he'd be coming back up if not for the Mason and Davis departures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Who cares about that coach? Who cares about Mason or Davis?  I sure don’t.  Not sure why anyone cares or talks about anyone that is not at Auburn anymore.   When they leave, players or coaches, wish’em luck and move on.    This is not hard to figure out.   If Harsin doesn’t figure it out in a couple of years he will be gone, then AU will have to find another coach.   It’s really as simple as that.   Will it suck if he can’t figure it out in the next two years, absolutely.   Auburn has  been second fiddle to UGA and Alabama (some say LSU) in the last 10 years and I don’t see it changing until Saban retires.   When it comes to sports at Auburn (especially football) Auburn always finds a way to somehow derail what little momentum it gets.  I wish I had the answer to fix it. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Pure speculation (and comedic relief), but judging the past two coordinators to walk away from Harsin, Bryan has made them (initially) want to quit football all together.

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

This may not be a popular take, but Gus at least understood the importance of getting along with the administration and boosters.  Not only that, but Gus genuinely loved this school and integrated into it.  This was evidenced by his $2 million donation to the school and showing up constantly to support other sports programs like basketball, baseball, and gymnastics.  Heck, he and Bruce are such good friends that Bruce traveled to UCF to attend Gus' first game as head coach over there.

• Like 4

It's a bit of a struggle right now to feel good about where we are. I wasn't that rocked by those last 5 games. Disappointed for sure, and a little concerned, but ok.

And the first signing day was hugely encouraging. Players were communicating how much they love the new regime. But the rate of transfers out, and the way Mason left--there's a reason every national commentator I see thinks we're on fire.

The Davis thing, I'm willing to trust what the guy said in the absence of other evidence. But whatever's going on with the transfers has me very, very itchy.

Regarding Gus, I'm grateful for the job he did. It was evident, though, that he had a ceiling and wasn't going to get us back to championships. Too many signs of grasping straws. You can just run out your time somewhere, and I wish him success at UCF. I certainly root for him.

Edited by DyeCampAlum
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cbo said:

Remember all the talk about WRs not lining up properly? Apparently it was hard evidence that Corn had to go! Haha. 

Bro it was pure comedy on here. Thread went on and on people going at me with no proof. People were citing guys on Twitter. That ENTIRE week posters, mods, everybody arguing and at my head. As soon as it came out that most of that stuff wasn't true thread locked IMMEDIATELY lol.

Not one person apologized said my bad, even acknowledged that this hot topic where everybody is so upset wanting me banned and stuff even happened. Made me wish I had that superstar clout on here. One of those guys could literally say wondering that wasn't true and people were getting warnings for just questioning them. Meanwhile this stuff was locked and swept under the rug and didn't happen 😂

• Haha 1