Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

8 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

It's a bit of a struggle right now to feel good about where we are. I wasn't that rocked by those last 5 games. Disappointed for sure, and a little concerned, but ok.

And the first signing day was hugely encouraging. Players were communicating how much they love the new regime. But the rate of transfers out, and the way Mason left--there's a reason every national commentator I see thinks we're on fire.

The Davis thing, I'm willing to trust what the guy said in the absence of other evidence. But whatever's going on with the transfers has me very, very itchy.

Regarding Gus, I'm grateful for the job he did. It was evident, though, that he had a ceiling and wasn't going to get us back to championships. Too many signs of grasping straws. You can just run out your time somewhere, and I wish him success at UCF. I certainly root for him.

Has anyone signed with us today?

Just looking at everything now I actually laugh at myself for being so optimistic back then. I was certain we needed a coaching change but seriously how naive were we to think we had the people in place to actually execute this.

• Like 3

One of the things I liked about CBH was that I thought he would not be so worried about hiring high caliber assistants.  With the hiring of Mason and to a lesser degree Bobo, it appeared he was a pretty secure dude.  That was one of the things that I felt Gus did poorly as far as the hiring of offensive assistants. However, I give Gus credit for leaving the defense alone and our defense was excellent.  CBH just won't leave anything alone.   He's just blowing it all up.  Disappointing.  

I'm not panicked about him running a bunch of guys off. I thought that was needed, and I'm not changing my stance because a handful of them were impactful players. Where it hurts is the lack of guys that we brought in. We have 10 spots. Fill those from Juco and portal and I'd feel way better. Problem is that I am losing confidence that we can fill those spots

• Like 1

When Harsin was hired and the year progressed, I bought in to the idea that we needed a culture change. We needed a General to come in here and “trim the fat” and set high expectations for the players and coaches. 

But I believe the best coaches don’t have to clean house to change the culture and be successful. The best leaders get the best out of the players that they have. Over time, they will begin to recruit a certain type player once they become successful. 

But losing this many players is a very bad sign IMO. ESPECIALLY if you do not have the recruiting ability to replace these players with equal or better talent. Losing Bo Nix was a huge loss. It’s his senior year and we will not reap the rewards of his improvement and the experience that he gained over the past 3 years at Auburn. IMO we were not able to land a better QB option in the transfer portal.

The next red flag is all the losses on the DL. We were absolutely loaded on the DL after early signing day, but now we’ve lost nearly half our DL to the transfer portal. We already know what a dumpster fire the OL is and has been. Now we’re having to build back quality depth on the DL. Championships are won at the line of scrimmage, and we’re now left wanting at both positions.

The loss of coordinators and other coaches is another red flag. I don’t care how complimentary they are of Harsin when they leave. I think that is more about “being professional” in this industry. There has been nothing impressive about his coaching connections and ability to make big-time hires. 

• Like 1

Caldwell just said Javarious Johnson is officially in the portal. Rumored to be headed to Ole Miss who we seem to be the new farm team for. 6 WRs left on roster according to him.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Lawsam said:

Has anyone signed with us today?

No but Javarious Johnson entered the portal per Caldwell

9 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Rumors are swirling that J. Johnson ain’t the last WR either. We only got five. 

C’mon, this is starting to sound like a mutiny.  

This has passed being sad and started to become infuriating. At some point the athletic administration needs to step in and do what they have to do to salvage the football program. This guy is basically putting us in the death penalty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

My man we are about to be at a place where we don’t have enough receivers to even plug on the field. 

Truly confounding. I can’t even organize my thoughts around what is happening because it is all so confusing to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Bro it was pure comedy on here. Thread went on and on people going at me with no proof. People were citing guys on Twitter. That ENTIRE week posters, mods, everybody arguing and at my head. As soon as it came out that most of that stuff wasn't true thread locked IMMEDIATELY lol.

Not one person apologized said my bad, even acknowledged that this hot topic where everybody is so upset wanting me banned and stuff even happened. Made me wish I had that superstar clout on here. One of those guys could literally say wondering that wasn't true and people were getting warnings for just questioning them. Meanwhile this stuff was locked and swept under the rug and didn't happen 😂

Nobody could provide examples so then it became a couple delay of game's that were somehow Corn's fault. Just craziness. 

12 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Good.  Let’em leave.   

Let them leave and replace them with who? It would make sense if we were bringing guys in but nobody’s coming in either, guys are just leaving 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Let them leave and replace them with who? It would make sense if we were bringing guys in but nobody’s coming in either, guys are just leaving 

We just need some two stars who are real Auburn men! Who cares if they can run or catch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This has passed being sad and started to become infuriating. At some point the athletic administration needs to step in and do what they have to do to salvage the football program. This guy is basically putting us in the death penalty. 

I am beginning to think Harsin will not survive through next season. With the way this sh** show is going now it will only take an unexpected loss or poor early performance to get him canned. Right now we are worse at almost every position group than we were last year. OL may be a break even but that is not saying much and RB the same as last year. 

Like I said Willis leaving is the most troubling. The linebacker coach gets promoted to DC and we lose a couple of starters at the linebacker position and the guy who comes to mind as one of the first guys that will replace them and start decides to transfer?

Something is going on. Something big

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Like I said Willis leaving is the most troubling. The linebacker coach gets promoted to DC and we lose a couple of starters at the linebacker position and the guy who comes to mind as one of the first guys that will replace them and start decides to transfer?

Something is going on. Something big

Kiseau is also the WRs coach that may become the OC. Which room on offense has the most turnover so far?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

CuLTuRe

How many years of eligibility does Harsin have left? Cause he may have to suit up as a slot receiver